The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Kabuto Archaeological Society   » Team rate request

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Team rate request
CrystalMeth
Farting Nudist
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
posted 05-24-2001 07:53 PM      Profile for CrystalMeth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well I'm still pretty clueless but I've put a team together, so tell me what ya think. I know I probably haven't picked some of the strongest pokemon, but I'm one of those idiots who insists on using Pokemon I really like as aposed to just strong ones. Well, here it is:

Dragonite
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Fire Blast
Thunderbolt

Ninetales
Confuse Ray
Dig
Flame Thrower
Swift

Persian
Slash
Swift
Screech
Hyper Beam

Mew
Psychic
Softboiled
Swords Dance
Swift

Sandslash
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Slash
Submission

Articuno
Fly
Ice Beam
Rest
Mist

I also have a Petit Cup team, but I think it's even worse:

Vulpix
Ember
Swift
Confuse Ray
Body Slam

Cubone
Bone Club
Skull Bash
Leer
Seismic Toss

Horsea
Surf
Smokescreen
Toxic
Ice Beam

Eevee
Body Slam
Swift
Substitute
Reset

Dratini
Thunderwave
Wrap
Dragon Rage
Rest

Bellsprout
Stun Spore
Growth
Vine Whip
Mega Drain

I need all the help I can get.

------------------
~ Crystal the Anime cat girl ~
"MEEEEOOOOWWWWW!"
-Ryo-Ohki

From: Hell on Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zid326
Farting Nudist
Member # 1792

Member Rated:
posted 05-24-2001 10:19 PM      Profile for Zid326   Author's Homepage   Email Zid326   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dragonite- Hrmm have no clue about this pokemon since i am not interested in Dragon types, sorry can't help.

Ninetales- this is a ok moveset but you might want to replace swift and dig for toxic and fire spin, confuse ray, then toxic spin can do some deadly damage.

Persian- hrmm i personally prefer Body slam, bubble beam, screech and slash.

Mew- Double team, sword dance, swift and softboil. Not a big mew fan but i have one that's like this and it worked well for me

Sandslash- A friend of mine has it as earthquake, explosion, sword dance, and swift. One tough MF

Articuno- a good set.

Vulpix- Confuse ray, Dig, fireblast and double team

cubone- oh man... you might as well replace this pokemon with golem or rhydon... but if you insist, i guess your set is not bad

Horsea- yep that's good

Eevee- reset? i think you wanted rest? hrmmm try toxic, double team, rest, and double edge

Dratini- again , don't know jack about dragon

Bellsprout- try growth, megadrain, stunspore and reflect

well that's all i can think of as of this moment. Good luck bud

------------------

DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 05-25-2001 12:02 AM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dragonite: Thunder Wave over Fire Blast, Double-Edge over Hyper Beam. Don't lead with this mutha.

Ninetales: Consider using Reflect over Swift. Perhaps Body Slam over Dig if you feel lucky.

Persian: Bubblebeam over Swift. If the opponent has already DTed up, Screech won't be able to hit to make Swift do more damage.

Mew: I like to use Transform/Substitute/Seismic Toss/Softboiled. Yours is fine tho.

Sandslash: Either use the Swift-dancing one (EQ/RS/SD/Swift) or use EQ/Slash/Substitute/Sand-Attack.

Articuno: Use Blizzard instead of Ice Beam, and use Agility over Rest. Keep Mist if you're worried about special reductions from Psychic and such.

Vulpix: Use Fire Blast over Ember and Reflect over Swift.

Cubone: Use Earthquake, Focus Energy (Stadium, right?), Subsitute, <insert damage dealing move here>

Horsea: Try Surf/Ice Beam/DT/Rest.

Eevee: If you really insist on using it, try and use Double-Edge, Substitute, Sand-Attack, Double Team.

Dratini: Use Surf over Rest.

Bellsprout: You might try and whip up something using Stun Spore/Growth/Substitute/Mega Drain.

------------------
<GDTopaz> StarCaliber actually exists?
<Darksight> what's starcaliber
<GDTopaz> I thought he was a myth!

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 05-25-2001 02:22 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CrystalMeth:

Dragonite
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Fire Blast
Thunderbolt

I'd say Blizz over IB cause you'll appreciate the extra power when you are trying to take out a grass type with this thing. Fire Blast's use is limited to a couple of ice types (which you really shouldn't fight with him anyway), so scrap that for something else, like T-wave. T-bolt is only good for the very few water types that don't have an ice attack, or as a last resort against ones that do. I guess you could also predict the switch to a water and T-bolt when they come out. Its ok, but you might be served better if you put a different physical attack over that, like body slam or double edge. If you still want it, put Bslam or DE over hyper beam, because hyper is only good for finishing move in gameboy/pbs battles, and shouldn't be relied upon as your primary physical attack.

Ninetales
Confuse Ray
Dig
Flame Thrower
Swift

I'd put Body slam over Swift, it doesn't really have the power on a Ninetales to take out Double resters. You could also stick reflect in there somewhere, it could use some defense. If you want to try something really new, try puting bide instead of body slam or dig. Confuse your opponent first, and then bide. If they hit themselves, it counts as bide energy and will unleash even if they never hit you.

Persian
Slash
Swift
Screech
Hyper Beam

Bubble beam over swift because you can take out rock/ground types easy with it.

Mew
Psychic
Softboiled
Swords Dance
Swift
This set is good the way it is. I prefer earthquake to take advantage of SD, but this should work just fine.

Sandslash
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Slash
Submission

Submission's uses are limited, and its a pretty crumby attack anyway. Put substitute or swords dance over it. Obviously if you want swords dance, slash won't be very useful, so put swift over it if you want to.

Articuno
Fly
Ice Beam
Rest
Mist

Mist isn't all that good because people don't really use stat reducing moves that much to begin with. Instead of Mist, try double team or maybe substitute. You could block some t-waves if your in stadium, and that can make sure you aren't on the recieving end of Rock slide from a Rhydon.

I also have a Petit Cup team, but I think it's even worse:

Vulpix
Ember
Swift
Confuse Ray
Body Slam

Fire Blast over ember, reflect or dig over swift. Can't really do much with it. Confuse ray bide combo might work, or it might get it killed.

Cubone
Bone Club
Skull Bash
Leer
Seismic Toss

Earthquake over bone club, Rock slide over skull bash, and focus energy over leer. Maybe substitute over s-toss for the same reason as rhydon.

Horsea
Surf
Smokescreen
Toxic
Ice Beam

I'd say blizz over ice beam again. He needs the power because his special isn't legendary or anything. Also try double edge or body slam (can he learn it?) over toxic or smoke screen. Those attacks are easily negated by switching. You can also try DT rest, it might work.

Eevee
Body Slam
Swift
Substitute
Rest
Not much he can do, but it packs one helluva double edge/body slam! Quick attack might seem weak, but it just might be viable with stab. He could double rest, but he doesn't have all that great staying power. Mimic might be a good filler, but it takes a turn to use and it might not give you anything useful at all.

Dratini
Thunderwave
Wrap
Dragon Rage
Rest
Surf, Ice beam, or Blizzard over rest for ground/rocks. It won't be around for very long if you rest.

Bellsprout
Stun Spore
Growth
Vine Whip
Mega Drain

It likely won't have the time to get a lot of growths in, so perhaps double edge (can't learn body slam) over growth. Instead of vine whip, maybe swords dance or sleep powder. You probably won't have time to SD up all the way, but there may be a time when you can sneak one in. As for sleep powder, you sleep one pokemon, and then stun the next after the opponent switches (if they do). Bellsprout can't measure to execcute (sp?), but if this is one of your favorites, it'll work ok.

There, hope I helped

------------------
...we ...will ...TAKE YOU!
-the Beast from Homeworld: Cataclysm, infecting a ship

[This message has been edited by Pokegod (edited 05-25-2001).]

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 10-05-2006 09:38 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
gg 5 years later

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.