The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Kabuto Archaeological Society   » Pinsir...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pinsir...
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2001 11:27 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I want to use the giant scissor-bug in my team.

What's a good Pinsir moveset? Someone is likely going to say DT/Rest/x/y but I don't want a double rester.

This is a set I've come up with:

Slash
Swords dance/Focus Energy
Hyper Beam
Seismic Toss

Maybe S-toss or SD could be replaced with Submission... I don't know.

Please help me.

------------------
Me: Mick_Hale, you're right!
poccil: Mick_Hale isn't even posting on this topic.

goo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1172

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2001 03:42 PM      Profile for goo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Guilotene/submission(guillotene if you're feelin' lucky)
Swords dance
hyper beam
slash

!!!

------------------
I'm not handicapped, I'm just lazy.

[This message has been edited by goo (edited 05-07-2001).]

Windex
I am the greatest human being ever. It is impossible to insult me.
Member # 9

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2001 04:19 PM      Profile for Windex   Email Windex   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Guilotene/submission(guillotene if you're feelin' lucky)

*points out that you have to feel pretty lucky to use Submission too*

Eh.. for the last move you might want to go with Body Slam. Paralyzation and such, not to mention it wouldn't be too shabby in conjunction with Swords Dance or Focus Energy.

------------------
YES!!!

the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2001 05:03 AM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Many Pokémon are faster than Pinsir, so I don't think guillotine is a good choice for him.

I suggest : hyper beam / submission / slash / swords dance.

------------------
Hmmmm,you can add TheMaster to the list.
*runs quick*

D-Teclis, I hope you've stopped those jokes because they are really annonying.

From: Where ? I'm lost o_O | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
stinky cheese man
Farting Nudist
Member # 455

Member Rated:
posted 05-15-2001 01:36 AM      Profile for stinky cheese man     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You could try this

<slash> or <submission>
<focus energy>
<body slam>
<hyper beam>

Its sad that he can't learn earthquake, it would be killer running off his attack power.

------------------

From: a world of perfection | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 05-16-2001 09:08 AM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna stop askin why people make movesets for krappy pokes, so I'll just give a little overview of Pinsir in RBY.

Learns swords. Fooz, he learns swords. Easily the second-most powerful move in the game, second to Amnesia.

Learns slash, fooz. Slash, arguably the best physical attack in the game, next to earthquake and body slam and drill peck.

Focus Energy. Oh hell yeah. They just keep getting better. Don't work to well with Swords, but still fun.

But let's face it, even with all these, Pinsir's moves aren't the greatest to choose from. These are great moves, but only individually. You can't have these three moves on the same poke, it would be ultimately stupid. They need to be used separately. However, let's see what else he learns that is worthwhile.

Bind and SD or bind and FE sounds good, and it will keep your enemy annoyed for a long time. Seismic Toss makes up for certain Pokes it'll have trouble with because of his lack of ability to learn any special attacks whatsoever and a dismal special at 208. Guillotine for gambling players. Body Slam, Double Edge for power, and same with Hyper Beam. But I hate Hyper Beam. Submission, even with recoil, does well SDed or FEed. He does learn DT. Rest, and that cleans up the only things that may be worthwhile on this thing, unless you like Substitute.

Swords Dance/Focus Energy, Submission/Body Slam, Double Team, Rest - this could work. Your choice of Crithits or superpower.

Slash, Hyper Beam, DT, Rest - meh.

Swords Dance, Bind, Slash, Submission - Shiz, with SD and Bind, why not?

Seismic toss, Hyper Beam, Slash, Submission - go for broke.

Well, if this is all I can think of, then really, Pinsir can't be that much fun.

------------------
Anything I say should never, under any circumstances, be taken seriously. If you really want to take it seriously, try and use your best discretion.

From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.