The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Kabuto Archaeological Society   » All Weedle Team (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: All Weedle Team
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2001 12:40 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is my "All Weedle Team", V1.0. Additional changes may include switching Backup Weedle for another Support Weedle.

The main strategy is to slowly kill your opponents with poison, but before you do that, slow them down enough with String Shot so you'll always go first.

Of course, you may have to modify your strategy depending on your opponent.

Weedle
Poison Sting
String Shot
--Opener Weedle. Posion them, slow them down, then keep wacking away with Poison Sting.

Weedle
Poison Sting
String Shot
--Support Weedle. Send in to slow the opponent down, and poison them, so the Sweeper/Main Battle Weedle can do it's job.

Weedle
Poison Sting
--Sweeper Weedle. Just whack away with Poison Sting.

Weedle
Poison Sting
String Shot
--Main Battle Weedle. Against opponents not particularly tough, use him until he faints. Again, the strategy here is to poison them, and watch them slowly die.

Weedle
Poison Sting
String Shot
--Backup Weedle. When Main Battle Weedle has fainted, use him instead. Same strategy as for Main Battle Weedle.

Weedle
Poison Sting
String Shot
--Finisher Weedle. The Finisher Weedle is there to finish the already trashed and torn apart team of your opponent. When the Sweeper Weedle, Opener Weedle, Support Weedle, Main Battle Weedle and Backup Weedle have been taken out, send him in to clean up.

Please rate it for me.

------------------
"I remember somebody saying that measuring machine performance in bits is like measuring your penis in flowers." -IaZeye, enlightening us on the mystery of bits.

geese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1152

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2001 12:48 PM      Profile for geese   Email geese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Your team is ridiculously cheap. How on earth is anything meant to defeat a team of rampaging caterpillars? And I thought six Mewtwo's were unfair...

Nice movesets though.

------------------
"If there is today which exceeds me who does not care even if it is slow yesterday" - Team Mario's attempt to convince you to join them in the official F-Zero Advance championship.

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2001 01:00 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's things like this that have me working on an all-Star(mie) team.

*looks for a 6th moveset*

------------------
Official PBS punching bag
My G/S Strategy Guide:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbcolor/game/25388.html
(under the name Donald)

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2001 01:25 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think you need to better explore your options here. Even though it would mostly be a dead move against the powerhouse of Poison Sting, you might want to look up a different move besides <nothing> on the sweeper weedle. String Shot is good, but your team usually has that covered decently. I would suggest you breed <JackSquat> or <NotADamnThing> onto him to replace <nothing>. If that doesn't suit your taste, you can always go with the standard <ZipZeroZilch> or the <DiddlySquat> that's turned into such a powerhouse on PBS over the last couple weeks.

Having max speed gene is very important on Weedle (especially in the mirror match) so that should be your priority in breeding and in catching, not the Hidden Power genes.

------------------
-cfalcon

"I want to punch Quagsire "
-Fish151PKMN

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
goo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1172

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2001 03:37 PM      Profile for goo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I give it a ten, but I recomend putting string shot on sweeper weedle to defeat mewtwos.Nice!!

------------------
I'm not handicapped, I'm just lazy.

Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2001 01:52 AM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lark: Of course, you may have to modify your strategy depending on your opponent.

What for? They're screwed no matter what. I know I can't find a way around that devastating P-Sting/S-Shot combo. I hope I don't ever have to fight you in a tournament.

From: Where they make Heinz® ketchup | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2001 04:27 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jman is right. I shouldn't have written that. The S-shot/P-sting combo is inndeed devastating.

cfalcon is right. S-shot on the Sweeper Weedle is not needed, though it could be good to have it as extra support. I thought it could be devastating to have an all-out offensive Sweeper Weedle, so I ditched S-hot on him.

geese: I've named this team "The Rampaging Caterpillars of Death". I got the idea after I read your post.

:edit:
Jman, if I meet you in a tournament, I promise I'll only use 5 Weedles, to at least give you a fair chance

------------------
"I remember somebody saying that measuring machine performance in bits is like measuring your penis in flowers." -IaZeye, enlightening us on the mystery of bits.

[This message has been edited by Lark84 (edited 04-28-2001).]

kristraj
Farting Nudist
Member # 1360

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2001 05:41 AM      Profile for kristraj     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ROTFLMGFAOF, man this team rocks, it's good how u can explotie the other pokemon with this killer moveset, i'm telling this team is evil i tell u EVIL!

------------------
i am the master of all games....

From: where ever there's a topless blonde | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2001 01:24 PM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lark: Jman is right.

Ack! Kindly not call me "Jman." There's another poster on this board that goes by that name. But I guess you can call me whatever you after you beat my ass in a tourney.

I promise I'll only use 5 Weedles, to at least give you a fair chance

*prays that you drop the Sweeper Weedle*

Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2001 02:24 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jumpman16:

Ack! Kindly not call me "Jman." There's another poster on this board that goes by that name.

I know, I saw it a while after I wrote this but figured that you'd understand who I meant anyway. Sorry, Jumpman.

*prays that you drop the Sweeper Weedle*

So that's the problem, eh? I see... *drops Backup Weedle* Hehe... :P

------------------

:edit: Darn this slippery keyboard!

[This message has been edited by Lark84 (edited 04-28-2001).]

OrientalNoodle
Farting Nudist
Member # 616

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2001 03:43 PM      Profile for OrientalNoodle   Author's Homepage   Email OrientalNoodle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lark, some day I'll challenge you to a Swe-Fin match. And guess what team I'll use? Oh yes. I'll use my... ALL-MAGIKARP TEAM! DIEEEEEEE!

------------------
This is a sig. Do not think as a subliminal message, saying "Give all your money to OrientalNoodle".

From: Hanko, -, Finland | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2001 06:33 PM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What the fuck? Magikarp?! He sux!! What the hell are you trying to pull?

¬ ¬
__

*runz*

CHaRiZaRd
Farting Nudist
Member # 994

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2001 10:21 PM      Profile for CHaRiZaRd   Author's Homepage   Email CHaRiZaRd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have some qualms about your starter-Weedle. The move set... I think:

String Shot
Poison Sting

is a better set than

Poison Sting
String Shot

Like cfalcon said... keep your options open a little more.

I'm a little Iffy on that sweeper Weedle... Something about it seems a little... off...

------------------
Eesh. You frighten me. I have special hours for folks like you. Try coming back at half past never!

Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2001 02:17 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OrientalNoodle:
I'll use my... ALL-MAGIKARP TEAM! DIEEEEEEE!

No! Not the Splashing Karp of Doom! Please! Noooo-ooo! My "Rampaging Caterpillars of Death" V1.0 won't stand a chance! That's so unfair :P AARGH! *chokes*

CHaRiZaRd: Yes, you're right. *Changes moveset* Thank you. This team is now officially called "The Rampaging Caterpillars of Death V1.1".

------------------

Sonichu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1607

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2001 04:52 PM      Profile for Sonichu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LOL!!!
This is so funny. I almost choked when I saw Charizard's post!

------------------
~Sonichu

dumbass, dont you know curse and doble edge shouldnt be used i conjuction do you know the ower of a double edge STABd up and then how much damage you would recieve, come on, youd destroy yourself, me has to larf,-A rating on Curselax...larf?-Kalro asae Uyietho Gligar

Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2001 04:56 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With some Metapod support, a Caterpie could run through this team like it wasn't even there.

I'm assuming it's for tournaments where Kakuna use is banned?

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2001 11:13 PM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't let us get started on "Kakuna's Cheapness Revisted..."

Caterpie's Tackle Attack is something to be feared. To combat this, you may want to change your Backup Weedle's m-set to String Shot/Poison Sting. Since Backup Weedle's used immediately afterwards your Main Battle Weedle, your opponent may get wise to your tactics...throw in a little variety and your team will prevail with utter diversity.

Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2001 04:10 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ouch.
Jumpman's right...follow his advice and I don't know that even my secret Metapod set (which is so fantastically original and effective that I refuse to reveal it here) could beat it.

[This message has been edited by Psybro (edited 05-09-2001).]

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2001 09:52 AM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You guys obviously never saw my Ditto set. It could rip through all your bug teams. I have a ditto team, and each one has a moveset that works differently. I don't wanna reveal it, though, it'll be a problem with people copying me.
From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2001 12:33 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, I remember a devastating moveset for a Sweeper Ditto I made a long time ago...

I won't reveal it though...

Jumpman is right again. I completely ignored Caterpie (but who uses him anyway? :P). Some day, you may run into one who uses him, though. Then it's good to have a moveset to deal with his powerful Tackle.

------------------
Me: Mick_Hale, you're right!
poccil: Mick_Hale isn't even posting on this topic.

Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2001 09:29 PM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I liked this thread. It comes back now.

Don't forget Lark; you may have a hard time PP-wasting those darned Metapod. All the more reason to add Poison Sting as the backup move on your Sweeper Weedle. But only use it if you have to; otherwise it won't make much of a sweeper.

psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2001 10:11 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll rate it for you.

Weedle
Poison Sting
String Shot
--Opener Weedle. Poison them, slow them down, then keep whacking away with Poison Sting.

good set, this guy is your standard Weedle opener

Weedle
Poison Sting
String Shot
--Support Weedle. Send in to slow the opponent down, and poison them, so the Sweeper/Main Battle Weedle can do it's job.

My main beef is with this one, having a support Weedle is a good strategy when your playing through game (to get the badges and what not) but for the real-heavy-duty battles at the battle tower or in Nintendo tournaments, he'll just bring own your team, I suggest another sweeper Weedle. Another sweeper will be a great asset if you get up agents those ruthless Caterpie trainers.

Weedle
Poison Sting
--Sweeper Weedle. Just whack away with Poison Sting.

very good. I’ve experimented with this set for a few weeks now and I really can’t come up with a better one for a sweeper.

Weedle
Poison Sting
String Shot
--Main Battle Weedle. Against opponents not particularly tough, use him until he faints. Again, the strategy here is to poison them, and watch them slowly die.

yes, the PS/SS combo, very interesting. See, among the heavy duty Pokemon fans, we give Pokemon nicknames based on their move sets (curslax and the like). This is what we like to call the psssdle (pronounced PZ-SS-DIL). This is a standard psssdle and it has a lot of uses in open battle situations.

Weedle
Poison Sting
String Shot
--Backup Weedle. When Main Battle Weedle has fainted, use him instead. Same strategy as for Main Battle Weedle.

not bad, it has one major problem that sticks out, you have the move Poison Sting and string shot (in that order). Most pro-level trainers use string shot & Poison Sting (in that order). It’s much ore efficient; you might consider reversing the order.

Weedle
Poison Sting
String Shot
--Finisher Weedle. The Finisher Weedle is there to finish the already trashed and torn apart team of your opponent. When the Sweeper Weedle, Opener Weedle, Support Weedle, Main Battle Weedle and Backup Weedle have been taken out, send him in to clean up.

This is another problem in my eyes. You see finisher Pokemon are usually at a higher level than the others of the team. I can tell that your Pokemon range from level 2 to 9. This Weedle should be any where from 10-14. Unfortunately, this would make it a Kakuna. This is actually a good thing because contrary to popular belief (and this is a vicious lie spread by anti-Kakuna activists) [u]Harden is a great offensive move!!![/u]

Try this team and see where it gets you.

Hope i helped

[ 10-25-2001: Message edited by: psykloak1 ]

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2001 11:33 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm assuming this is for Substituting Weedle Ban. What a wuss clause. They can easily handle Subbing Weedles with a well-placed Koffing. Just don't tell me they have Koffing ban, too... What you have to really be scared of are the Farfetch'd. They've been unpopular for a long time because of Thundershockers, but if you keep your wits about you and swap out to Oddish (standard Absorber set) when needed, they can be very powerful. Peck is evil.

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 10-26-2001 12:26 AM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Man that team is tough.

I tried to beat it on stadium using my l337 team of paras.

Better use scratch attack...

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 10-26-2001 04:24 AM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
psykloak1: not bad, [your Backup Weedle] has one major problem that sticks out, you have the move Poison Sting and string shot (in that order). Most pro-level trainers use string shot & Poison Sting (in that order). It’s much ore efficient; you might consider reversing the order.

Me earlier: Caterpie's Tackle Attack is something to be feared. To combat this, you may want to change your Backup Weedle's m-set to String Shot/Poison Sting. Since Backup Weedle's used immediately afterwards your Main Battle Weedle, your opponent may get wise to your tactics...

Heh, that's two trainers now that have suggested this. You'd be inclined to alter his moveset.

I was facing this Nintendo rep's team last month; 3-on-3. I had my Starter, Main and Backup Weedle ready for action. Things were going pretty well against his first Caterpie; I downed it pretty quick with a PS/SS combo. Then his second Caterpie tackled my Weedle to death, but not before eating some heavy Poison Sting. I then called on my trusty Main Battle Weedle...only I pressed 'A' on the wrong pokémon! My Backup Weedle emerged from it's pokéball, confused as to what it was doing out so early. It managed to hit with a frantic PS shot that just happened to hit Caterpie right on, taking it out. Then: NINTENDO REP sent out KAKUNA!

Fuck. I was not expecting to see a Kakuna. I mean, I thought it was pretty fucking cheap to have a team with a Kakuna, but I had confidence in my lineup, which is similar to Lark's. I'd beaten Kakuna before, sometimes quite handily.

But, I—I panicked. I didn't know what move to have my Backup Weedle use; I mean, he just wasn't used to situations like this. So...I used its first move, SS. But Kakuna just laughed and hardened. Its evil smile gleamed back at me from under its hard, shiny coat, now twice as inpenetrable. I had to go with PS this time, but its mirror-like coat just shrugged it off. I thought that I could slow it down with some more SS's, but...nothing seemed to work.

Now I'm thinking, Man, if I'd brought out my Main Battle Weedle like I was *supposed* to with the PS/SS moveset, I would've used PS first, and maybe poisoned the vicious beast. But as the situation was, I had to resort to PS again; needless to say it was like flicking safety pins at a 10"-thick window. And every SS was like spraying a mirror with silly string. It was only a matter of time before poor Backup Weedle struggled itself to unconsciousness.

I brought out my Main Battle Weedle and used PS accordingly, but that Kakuna was so hard that it sent the pumped-up Weedle's PS flying right back at it at five times the speed, CHing right through my last hope's bravado. Rep wins 1-0.

I still have nightmares about its cold, crooked smile glowing underneath its stoic, stolid shell, taunting me to attack or let it get ever harder...

psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 10-26-2001 07:04 AM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wow, how friggen cheap can you get? he had a caterpie and a friggen kakuna? juuz thats F-ed up.

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 10-26-2001 01:55 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just checked the boxes of my Red cart... I still have the old Weedle team there. Ah, the memories it brings back...

Allright, I think that the suggestion of swapping the moves for the backup weedle is the best thing to do.

I see you all are worried about Metapods and Kakunas ripping through this team -however, you are forgetting a vital aspect (which also is the biggest part of this team's strategy):

Poison.

Even if Poison Sting doesn't do much damage, it will still poison the opponent eventually. Then it doesn't matter how many times Metapod or Kakuna has used Harden, in 16 turns or less, they will faint. You can be sure on this, since they lack recovery moves.

So there's really no need to worry. Sure, you can go on about KO's in two turns using STAB moves, but if the move misses once, or if you run out of PP, then you can't count on a KO in two turns. Poison will still work, even if you're out of PP.

There is no other strategy which is as reliable and effective as the good 'ol Poison strategy.

alienx
Farting Nudist
Member # 1683

Member Rated:
posted 10-26-2001 03:19 PM      Profile for alienx   Author's Homepage   Email alienx   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kakuna is part poison. That brings up a huge problem. IT CAN'T BE POISONED. Aargh.

- - - - -
Well, lah-dee-freakin'-dah!

Be sure to visit UGC, hosted by The Sonic God!

If you want to e-mail me, my e-mail is farsight37@hotmail.com.

From: The State of Confusion | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 10-26-2001 03:40 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alienx:
Kakuna is part poison. That brings up a huge problem. IT CAN'T BE POISONED. Aargh.

is that true?

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 10-26-2001 04:48 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm starting to question this teams viability in today's metagame.

This team is foiled easily by the near bog-standard "Counter-Weedle" Pidgey that again and again appears on teams. I mean, with Gust, Mirror Move, Rage, and Whirlwind, its nearly unstopable.

When Starter Weedle comes in, I fear that the Poison setup could be foiled by Mirror Move. It could bring the poison apon yourself! When the damn evil bird feels cocky enough after giving you a taste of your own medicine, it will Whirlwind to ruin your entire teams plan!

Its common knowlege that Rage pwns the Weedle Team. The String Shot/Poison Sting combo is dangerous against said Rage people.

Thats why I'd suggest a Kakuna on the team. Some may not play with such a powerful pokemon, but in the long haul it would help balance your team. I'd suggest the Staller Kakuna: Harden, String Shot, Poison Sting or the CounterPidgey Kakuna: Harden, String Shot, Poison Sting. Both bring you the same String Shot and Poison Sting combo that currently dominates the play field, but splashes in a defensive attack.

Its really your call, though.

- - - - -
lol pokemon

Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 10-26-2001 05:42 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Damn, I never thought of Kakuna not getting poisoned! But there are other pokémon which can get poisoned, and this strategy works with them.

Jman is right. My once-so-great team does not fit the current metagame. Things do change. But bringing in a Kakuna or Metapod, would destroy the whole theme of "The Rampaging Caterpillars of Death V1.1", which is, a team based on Weedles.

However, Jman made some errors in his post. First of all, Whirlwind has no effect in RBY link battles, so that's really not a problem. Second, even if Pidgey mirror-moves Poison Sting, Weedle will not get poisoned, since Weedle is half posion as well. (Yes, psyk, poison types can not be poisoned. But String Shot will still work against them.) Pidgey, OTOH, will get poisoned and KO:d in 16 rounds or less.

That is why I chose Weedle, and not the (at first glance) more powerful Caterpie. Caterpie is Bug type only, and can therefor be poisoned.

Even though the metagame has changed, I still refuse to change my team into a mix between different caterpillars and cocoons.

I want it 100% pure Weedle.

Looking at their stats, and all the potential they have, can you blame me?

psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 10-26-2001 06:14 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jman:
Thats why I'd suggest a Kakuna on the team

OMG! whas the matter? you cant win a battle w/o using an 00ber?

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 10-26-2001 07:11 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I had a sig somewhere as large as Cat-Gonk's, this entire thread would be going in it.

But I will never give up on my Caterpie/Metapod team. They have served me so well over the years. One day, they will be able to defeat a Weedle team. Maybe at Lv. 11 or so.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 10-27-2001 09:18 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm...6x weaknesses to Flying, Rock, Bug, Fire, AND Psychic?

But wait...You have 12x resistances to Grass and Fighting! Lots of people use those attacks, and none of them will do squat to this team! That's the sign of a good team!

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 10-27-2001 12:56 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lark84:
[QB]However, Jman made some errors in his post. First of all, Whirlwind has no effect in RBY link battles, so that's really not a problem. Second, even if Pidgey mirror-moves Poison Sting, Weedle will not get poisoned, since Weedle is half posion as well. (Yes, psyk, poison types can not be poisoned. But String Shot will still work against them.) Pidgey, OTOH, will get poisoned and KO:d in 16 rounds or less.
QB]

Ahem. Not that it matters, but I knew all that. Its was a joke, the whole Pidgey deal. Tee hee. Laugh. Dammit.

- - - - -
lol pokemon

oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 10-27-2001 03:49 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jman:
Ahem. Not that it matters, but I knew all that. Its was a joke, the whole Pidgey deal. Tee hee. Laugh. Dammit.

Yeah, no reason to use Pidgeys anymore when you can get wild Farfetch'd from G/S. They've completely taken Pidgey's place in the metagame. Why wouldn't they, when they can learn Cut?

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 10-27-2001 09:31 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My battle log w/ this team (PM me for the raw battle log):

He started with a Caterpie. We exchanged physical attacks (after some String Shot exchanges) and I won, my Weedle at 18%. Right before it dies, he swaps out for Kakuna. Crap.

He Hardens and Stings me away. I bring out my Main Battle Weedle, then swap it away for my backup. He senses the danger, then switches to Oddish. (Guess anything goes on PBS these days, though real trainers don't rely on standards.)

It turned out to not be standard. In addition to Absorb, the bastars had ACID. Big trouble for me. I lost my backup, but not after devastating its Speed.

I brought out my Support Weedle, which, after long, difficult seconds of examination, I figured out could take the place of a Main Battle Weedle if needed. He swapped out to Koffing. (Is there no respect on PBS these days?)

There was huge trouble. His moveset was WAY above normal decency. He used Tackle, then Sludge. (Who DOESN'T use Sludge Ban these days?) After a Selfdestruct, he sent out Ditto, which I beat thanks to the fact that Transform didn't work. Then, he revealed he was TOYING with me all this time. FARFETCH'D. I was screwed. Three Farfetch'd Pecks (one CH) beat me.

Conclusion: Despite early enthusiasm, a team based on Poison is hard to implement in a metagame now based on type-effectiveness and varied types.

Or: 00bers cannot be beaten by simple team strategy. Strategy needs more finesse, like a team of Thundershockers with two Bubblers (or Water Gunners, if you wish) for Ground.

Or: With the popularity of Kakuna, Oddish, Farfetch'd, and Koffing (God forbid), Weedle and its Poison Sting have no place in today's metagame.

- - - - -

Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 10-28-2001 03:51 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is that really true?

If so, then it seems that the metagame of today has changed a lot. Back in the good 'ol days when I made this team, it was unstoppable.

I swept through entire teams with Pocojackass Starmies, Tobybros and such. Back then, people didn't really know how to counter a team of Psssdle's (thanks Psyk for the name! It kinda sounds like "Pissdle" though... ), so they were all screwed.

But now, people has realised the dangers, and now has effective ways to counter the all-Psssdle-team...

Maybe it's time to stop working on this team now... When the metagame changes to counter a certain strategy, it's no use trying to hang on to that strategy anymore. You can do a lot with Weedle, but not enough to counter Farfetch'd.

It's sad, but true.

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 10-28-2001 04:38 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Even though you've all but aboandoned this team, and that my suggestion would involve using something other than a Weedle, that's even worse than a Kakuna...yes, it's *gasp* the cheapest of the lot, the dreaded Beedrill. Only a few Fury Attacks, and then any pesky Farfetch'd will be begging for it's mommy and some nice leek soup to fix up all it's ouchies (well, if you're a baby Farfetch'd faced with a rabid Beedrill's Fury Attack, they're going to be called ocuhies). And, for even more devastation, you could *gasp* evolve it from a Weedle and Kakuna, giving it the ultimate power only granted through a Fury Attack / Harden / String Shot / Posion Sting moveset.

It may be the cheapest, most uncounterable monstrousity in RBY today, but, to make it fair, you could keep your Beedrill on a leash as a specialized anti-Farfie tool and not use it to defeat anything else, leaving that honour to the rampaging caterpillars of death.

Forget Kakuna being Cheap, Beedrill is the trully feared god. I doubt you'd get much usage out of it, what with widespread Beedrill Bans and all, but it's still an idea. Win without it if you can, but always know, the Beedrill can back you up.

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 10-28-2001 08:57 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... Well, while I see the potential of your moveset (It's all the best things you can do with Weedle, Kakuna and Beedrill combined into one set), I don't know if I'd be willing to use it.

It's sort of like having a GREP Mewtwo as the final poké... You know your opponent is gonna turn off the gameboy as soon as he sees it.

It seems awfully cheap (how often do you get the opportunity to combine three killer movests on one pokémon?), but it may be the soultion to my problem.

What the heck, I'll train one and keep it as a reserve... I'll name it "WEEDLE", so no one will suspect anything. And I'll always keep it as a last resort, if Farfetch'd comes out.

As I previously stated, the metagame changes, you have to keep up with it. But it feels sad to evolve one of my cute little caterpillars into a bee... Hopefully, it's performance in battle will weigh up for the loss of an all Weeedle team...

[Team name changed to "The Five Rampaging Caterpillars and one Rampaging Bee of Death V1.0"]

J Man Cool
Farting Nudist
Member # 2099

Member Rated:
posted 11-03-2001 09:39 PM      Profile for J Man Cool   Email J Man Cool   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What about Ghastly? It's Lick, Dream Eater moveset can beat anything. i even thought of being cheap once and putting rage on it.
Here is what i believe is the team to rock the metagame:

Ghastly
Lick
Dream Eater
Rage(if it's ok)

Geodude
Tackle
Harden(too strong, yes)
Defense Curl( yeah, 2 cheap moves on a
is bad but it works)

Abra
Teleport
Counter
Rage
(*knows the set is wrong)

Venonat
Leech Life
Psywave

Jigglypuff
Rest
Sing

Krabby
Bubble
Swords Dance
Leer

My pokemon are really 00ber. what about some help here?

[ 11-03-2001: Message edited by: J Man Cool ]

- - - - -
bagels

Coxy
Hulkamania has run wild over me.
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
posted 11-09-2001 09:36 AM      Profile for Coxy   Email Coxy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oporaca:
Yeah, no reason to use Pidgeys anymore when you can get wild Farfetch'd from G/S?

And yellow!

- - - - -
I love nintendolover, but only in a strictly platonic sense.

LUgIA
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2313

Member Rated:
posted 11-09-2001 01:13 PM      Profile for LUgIA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well youcan't beat this
Magikarp
Splash
just to lure your opponent
Magikarp
Tackle
Sweeper Karp
Only two pokemon on this team.If there were
any more,this team would be banned.

- - - - -
reading is knowledge,knowledge is
power,power is corruption,
corruption is crime,and crime doesn't pay.So why READ?
LUgIA

From: Aah! I'm right behind you! Aah! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 11-09-2001 05:41 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can beat LUgIA's team with only ONE Pokemon.

And it was put on my cart by NOA, no less.

PIKACHU L5
Growl
Thundershock

First, it Growls until it's out of PP, hoping it can run the Splashing Magikarp out of PP, lure in the Tackler, and make its Attack stat as low as possible. Six Growls to an L100, minimum-stat Magikarp will lower its Attack by a whopping 19 points! Then, you can Thundershock over and over. Assuming everything crit-hits and hits for max damage, you'll KO both Magikarps with 8 PP to spare!

Beat THAT!

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
LUgIA
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2313

Member Rated:
posted 11-10-2001 08:15 PM      Profile for LUgIA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh no!Please make the Pikachu L.2!L.5 is too
hard to beat!

- - - - -
reading is knowledge,knowledge is
power,power is corruption,
corruption is crime,and crime doesn't pay.So why READ?
LUgIA

From: Aah! I'm right behind you! Aah! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 11-10-2001 11:18 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This might be off topic, but take a peek at the one GSC Pokemon that will ruin you all.

Unown (L5)
~Hidden Power

HAH!

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
CHaRiZaRd
Farting Nudist
Member # 994

Member Rated:
posted 11-10-2001 11:53 PM      Profile for CHaRiZaRd   Author's Homepage   Email CHaRiZaRd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, enough. The humor has been slain already.
Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 11-11-2001 05:09 PM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's right...should've stuck with Weedle...
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2001 02:25 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But what's wrong with a tied up Bee? It sure cures all the evils of this new metagame that's emerging...even if it has lost it's satirical humour....

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2001 12:54 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, I realised I killed this topic the moment I submitted my post saying I'd use a Beedrill.

However, I feel I did a good thing:

I killed my own creation before it went too powerful and got out-of-control, destroying PBS's and online Pokémon communities.

It was fun while it lasted, though.

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.