The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Kabuto Archaeological Society   » Masterteam (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Masterteam
the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2000 09:36 AM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CHANSEY
seismic toss
minimize
substitute
softboiled

ZAPDOS
thunderbolt
drill peck
thunder wave
light screen

RHYDON
earthquake
rock slide
submission
body slam

PARASECT
leech life
spore
swords dance
substitute

LAPRAS
surf
ice beam
thunder
confuse ray

NINETALES
flame thrower
dig
reflect
confuse ray

------------------

From: Where ? I'm lost o_O | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tomara
Farting Nudist
Member # 1313

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2000 02:29 PM      Profile for Tomara   Email Tomara   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Chansey :pandora moveset...thunderwave instead of substitute would be better.

Zapdos:how original...

Rhydon:2 turns and it is bye bye Rhydon

Parasect:does the word standard sound vermilliar to you?

Lapras:Happy Ness with a big mistake in it,why did you give it thunder instead of thunderbolt?!

Ninetales:this is really original...NOT!

Bunch of standaard that don't work together,a perfect loser team.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tomara (edited 12-19-2000).]

the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2000 02:44 PM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lapras hasn't got the advantage of the STAB so the power of thunder can compensate it.
Before, it would be useful to do confuse ray...

Sorry Tomara, but you're stupid

------------------

Tomara
Farting Nudist
Member # 1313

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2000 03:02 PM      Profile for Tomara   Email Tomara   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Look who's talking...thunder has a hitrate of 70% and the base power is only 30 or something higher...thunderbolt is,even without STAB,much better.

------------------

Nirvana
Farting Nudist
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2000 03:26 PM      Profile for Nirvana     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey up! Its a newbie fight!

*shouts* fight fight fight!

------------------
"Pikachu"

-Pikachu

From: United Kingdom. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tomara
Farting Nudist
Member # 1313

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2000 03:29 PM      Profile for Tomara   Email Tomara   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*kicks Nirvana*

You shouldn't treat a girl like this!

D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2000 03:43 PM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*taking bets*
$10 on the one with the chansey

------------------
"I know where north is!","uh?where?","opposite to south"

the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2000 03:54 PM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NEWBIE ? ! ? ! ? ! You don't know whose one you speak !

------------------

Tomara
Farting Nudist
Member # 1313

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2000 03:58 PM      Profile for Tomara   Email Tomara   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well...actually he does...you are a newbie

------------------

*HeRaCr0sS*
Farting Nudist
Member # 1193

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2000 04:00 PM      Profile for *HeRaCr0sS*     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ooh, I wander into the land of Chromatics, and the first post I read is a fight! Heh, maybe I should come here more often...
::grabs some popcorn and relaxes::

------------------
Hi

Tomara
Farting Nudist
Member # 1313

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2000 04:03 PM      Profile for Tomara   Email Tomara   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*steals Heracross' popcorn*

Good timing,I was hungry ya know

Oh eh the fight...Eh where was I...oh yeah I was insulting the "master" ...

*starts to insult the "master" again*

Just look at your name,you must be a frickin fat newbie if you call yourself the Master!

------------------

the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2000 04:23 PM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"The Master" is just a nickname.

With Tomara, I have found a new kind of newbie

You're not able to rate a team !

------------------

Tomara
Farting Nudist
Member # 1313

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2000 04:31 PM      Profile for Tomara   Email Tomara   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay,I have to admit my English isn't all to good (hey,not my fault I'm Dutch),but I'm able to rate a team,my own way that is...

BTW having "the master" as nickname is pretty pathetic if you ask me,a master is supposted to know everything,which you don't.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tomara (edited 12-19-2000).]

Anxious Clock
President Taft
Member # 1159

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2000 05:53 PM      Profile for Anxious Clock     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *HeRaCr0sS*:
Ooh, I wander into the land of Chromatics, and the first post I read is a fight! Heh, maybe I should come here more often...
::grabs some popcorn and relaxes::

Yeah, people should post here more. By the way, you always do a sweet job of rating my teams, so go rate my newbie-ish Yellow team! :: points to his post :: See? It's only gotten 1 reply..*sniff*
Anyway..

Thank God that when I first came here, the words "honey loaf" weren't under my name.

------------------
"Anthrax is a sex god! Or at least, that's what his pet hamster told me"-Psybro, on Anthrax being a sex god

[This message has been edited by Anxious Clock (edited 12-19-2000).]

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 12-19-2000 05:59 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think you should read this.

http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/attacks/comp/electric.htm

Got that? No matter what (unless you're extremely lucky, and luck doesn't happen every battle mind you), thunderbolt will do more damage because it hits WAY more.

------------------
If there is true evil in this world, it lies in the heart of Mankind...
-Opening quote in Tales of Phantasia

[This message has been edited by Pokegod (edited 12-19-2000).]

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 12-19-2000 11:07 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tomara:
You shouldn't treat a girl like this!

um, d'you have a little symbol next to your name? like the nidorans?

1. do not assume someone knows your gender.
2. place gender at the top of posts if you want special treatment.
3. do not expect special treatment.

nothing personal here. however, this is a forum, NOT a dinner party. unless you know someone irl, you don't really KNOW anything about them. i could be someone's grandma for all you know...

<edit>teehee! just a thought: THE MASTER could be a paranoid schizophrenic stalker hacker serial killer. =P boy are you in trouble! </edit>

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
www.myplanet.net/weaselgrip/spunman

[This message has been edited by spunman (edited 12-19-2000).]

Tomara
Farting Nudist
Member # 1313

Member Rated:
posted 12-20-2000 03:11 AM      Profile for Tomara   Email Tomara   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
:lol: guess you guys don't know Tomara/Tamara is a common girlsname in Holland,but tht doesn't matter...
I think I like this place,you can have some fun here

BTW *points at Prof. Stink* Fuck you!

WizzHard
Farting Nudist
Member # 1170

Rate Member
posted 12-20-2000 04:18 AM      Profile for WizzHard     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The other forum's gone and I'm feeling disappointed...
I've already rated the team, I could give my advice again, but it did not change a bit. I'll point out for those that are bound to say more than me: Hey, looky the Ninetales has dig. Aw.... Dig! C'mon people, react!

That'd be about it, I guess, other guys from the team being standard, or very close to standard.

I'm wondering though what a Parasect is doing in a team that has a Zapdos with TWave and a Rhydon with Body Slam, not adding the others. You really should keep it for the Master Sleepers Team ver. 1.03.01.b, the one that features Gengar and Hypno with Dream Eater and no paralysis moves whatsoever.

------------------
-"What an interesting corpse you'll make when I'm over with you", Euthanos told Andariel, his scythe ready to strike.

From: Etampes,Essonne,FRANCE | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 12-20-2000 09:10 AM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I use Parasect only against Psychic Pokémon, I juste won't use thunder wave against them.
Earthquake and rock slide are Rhydon's main moves. I don't think that double-resting is a good combo for Rhydon. A pure offensive Rhydon is better

I'm French

------------------

the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 12-20-2000 10:57 AM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now this is my FINAL team, better than the other.

CHANSEY
seismic toss
minimize
thunder wave
softboiled

VICTREEBEL
razor leaf
acid
stun spore
swords dance

RHYDON
earthquake
rock slide
submission
body slam

LAPRAS
surf
blizzard
thunderbolt
confuse ray

NINETALES
flame thrower
dig
reflect
confuse ray

JOLTEON
thunderbolt
pin missile
thunder wave
focus energy

A team for Stadium.

------------------

Dredite
Farting Nudist
Member # 33

Member Rated:
posted 12-20-2000 11:24 PM      Profile for Dredite   Email Dredite   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*mind boggles* Wow, people still call that Pandora! Haha, I created a fad somewhere. My lifelong goal achieved! ^_^ But, since I'm actually obligated to review the team.. ^_-

>CHANSEY
>seismic toss
>minimize
>substitute
>softboiled

Yep. That's my pandora all right. *cries with joy* No comment, it's good. =)

>ZAPDOS
>thunderbolt
>drill peck
>thunder wave
>light screen

Hmmm, I'm not a fan of Light Screen on Zapdos, simply because there's really no point. Ice'll kill him anyhow from what you're probably worried is gonna use it, and he has massive special to begin with. But, if you have to use this moveset, I really can't suggest a good replacement.

>RHYDON
>earthquake
>rock slide
>submission
>body slam

I find four attacks to be awful, and Rhydon's a bad choice for it. He's SLOW. Sure, it covers a lot of types, but he has a lot of weaknesses, and'll die too quick to say much in your favor. He's only really good against electrics, and you don't need variety for that.

>PARASECT
>leech life
>spore
>swords dance
>substitute

Eeh... I don't like the pokemon itself (Lotta dual weaknesses plague your team so far...), but it's standard fare, and works decently on non Mewtwo psychics...

>LAPRAS
>surf
>ice beam
>thunder
>confuse ray

Consider Thunderbolt.

>NINETALES
>flame thrower
>dig
>reflect
>confuse ray

Good as far as fire types go. No real suggestion here.

Okay. I see a few major problems with your team. First and foremost, you have lots of weaknesses to ice... BIG problem there. Second, dual weaknesses on two SLOW pokemon. You're trying to do a variety of attack moves, but you choose awful platforms for them. The pokemon you're using are slow, and most of them don't have the greatest ability to defend themselves. With a lot of common weaknesses, no recovery, and slow pokemon, I suggest that you seriously reconsider using this for anything serious. But, if you just want to have fun, it ought to work. ^_^

------------------
Dreadite

From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2000 06:45 AM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks, but you didn't read my last topic, which is my new team with Victreebel, Jolteon, and a modification in Chansey's moveset. Look up

------------------

Squall
Farting Nudist
Member # 594

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2000 12:15 PM      Profile for Squall   Email Squall   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Victreebel* shudders* Why? If you what a grass it has to be Eggy.The rest well just look at there stats........

------------------
You have gone officially insane..-Fish151PKMN

From: Under the sea | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2000 12:44 PM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Victreebel has a very good attack level. I think Exeggutor is not as good (see Dragonite21's topic about it).
Acid + 3 swords dance (after get stun spore's advantage) will kill an Eggy who hasn't got psychic, just like Benedict.

What's the problem with other Pokémon's stats exactly ?

------------------

The Rookie
Farting Nudist
Member # 1030

Rate Member
posted 12-21-2000 12:52 PM      Profile for The Rookie   Email The Rookie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Naw, victreebell is good, it's that moveset that sucks

i guess you didn't realiz that acid is pathetically weak and overall sucks. Go Body Slame over acid.

Oh and master, if you prefer thunder over thunder bolt, you are a newbie. Not only that, no one is going to fall for the parasect moveset, Ninetales just sucks (and doesn't have the str. to use dig) and all you pretty much did was slap toghther six standard movesets without thought of team cohesion.

------------------

the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2000 01:19 PM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now Lapras use thunderbolt.

There are 3 points which make acid a good attack :
-Victreebel's Attack level is 308
-Grass / Poison ===> STAB
-swords dance is a booster : 308 to 924...

Now you know why acid sucks on many Pokémon but not on Victreebel.
I'd put hyper beam over body slam on a Pokémon who has already stun spore... Go for extra power

My team is based on paralysing and on confusion.

------------------

the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2000 01:33 PM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CHANSEY - staller, paralysing support
seismic toss / minimize / thunder wave / softboiled

VICTREEBEL - critical hit and high damage maker, paralysing support
razor leaf / acid / stun spore / swords dance

RHYDON - offensive Pokémon
earthquake / rock slide / clonage / repos

LAPRAS - status changer, offensive Pokémon
surf / blizzard / thunderbolt / confuse ray

NINETALES - status changer, offensive Pokémon
flame thrower / body slam / reflect / confuse ray

JOLTEON - status changer, anti-Psy
thunderbolt / pin missile / thunder wave / focus energy

------------------

The Rookie
Farting Nudist
Member # 1030

Rate Member
posted 12-21-2000 03:02 PM      Profile for The Rookie   Email The Rookie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Acid + STAB is still weaker then Body Slam

and you said it yourself, PARALYSIS and confusion, Body Slam has a 30% chance of paralysis

------------------

the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2000 03:12 PM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Victreebel has already got stun spore, so why get body slam on it ?

------------------

D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2000 03:15 PM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the Master:
Victreebel has already got stun spore, so why get body slam on it ?

Body slam will do more damage...

------------------
teehee! just a thought: THE MASTER could be a paranoid schizophrenic stalker hacker serial killer. =P boy are you in trouble! :) -spunman about TheMaster

the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2000 03:29 PM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Poison attacks are effective against Grass and Bug. I don't want a Normal attack for Victreebel. I know that body slam will do a bit more damage than acid.
I would ONLY accept hyper beam on it, I'll see...

------------------

D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2000 03:36 PM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Poison attacks are effective against Grass and Bug.

you already have fire and ice attacks,and you won't meet a lot of bug and grass pokemon.1 or 2 per team,rarelly more.Remember,we playin france,we have more chances to meet mewtwo than anything...

P.S:well,for the one who don't really know,there is no french site like AH actually,so,it's kinda "newby land"

------------------
teehee! just a thought: THE MASTER could be a paranoid schizophrenic stalker hacker serial killer. =P boy are you in trouble! :) -spunman about TheMaster

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 12-21-2000 03:42 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
d-teclis: you quoted me? *gets starry-eyed* wow... i feel so HONORED...

------------------

the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2000 03:44 PM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes... After reflexion, hyper beam does more damage than acid for Victreebel, on ALL Pokémon.

------------------

1970Beetle
Farting Nudist
Member # 933

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2000 03:49 PM      Profile for 1970Beetle   Author's Homepage   Email 1970Beetle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The hilarious argument has run dry. What happened to the Dutch chick that was making fun of "the Master"? And as far as Victreebel goes...let him use it. Not too many people are willing to use Victreebel/Vileplume/Venuaur (who might be a better choice) because they're 1/2 Poison. While that may give STAB to Acid, it makes you vulnerable as hell to the extremely common Psychic types. I do use Victreebel sometimes, though, and it's not too bad at all if you've gotten rid of their token Alakazam. Using Acid is a whole 'nother story though...

------------------
Please visit my site and register as a United States Pokemon Trainer. http://www.tbns.net/poketrainer/home.html
Thanks to everyone who has registered. If you can't find yourself, hit REFRESH.

From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2000 03:57 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Those lines made me laugh out loud
When I read them, I heard inside my head a voice say "Awww, look, how cute! The ninetales has dig!" and I pictured a ninetales despeartely trying to dig itself away from a vaporeon...

quote:
Originally posted by WizzHard:
Hey, looky the Ninetales has dig. Aw.... Dig! C'mon people, react!

------------------
"Um, that was, um, weird." _LugiaStorm_ on PBS after KO:ing my only Pokémon, Vileplume, in two rounds.

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 12-21-2000 04:02 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i schwacked her. she posted once after that, then stopped. you're right, tho, that was the best part of this thread. maybe i scared her off? sorry.

------------------

Funnel Freak
James Albis' Bitch
Member # 910

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2000 05:14 PM      Profile for Funnel Freak     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Master Shit head newbie: If your so fucking confident in your team, try it out against other people online at www.tjpkmn.f2s.com/pbs2.html

------------------
"hard"-Choreleon

From: WINIPEGWINNIPEGWINNIPGWINNIGEG | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tomara
Farting Nudist
Member # 1313

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2000 04:01 AM      Profile for Tomara   Email Tomara   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey the Dutch chick is right here!
I couldn't come online thanks to UPC!

BTW I would like to battle you on PBS.

------------------

the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2000 08:45 AM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This team has been rated 8,6/10 on Bulbagarden's forum...

------------------

D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2000 08:55 AM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TheMaster,try on pojo...

EDIT:TheMaster,when you should put alink to your post on bulbagarden(you know,<a href>,not so hard,and avoid other tohave to search the whole forum and find NOTHING...
*hmpf*
------------------
teehee! just a thought: THE MASTER could be a paranoid schizophrenic stalker hacker serial killer. =P boy are you in trouble! -spunman about TheMaster

[This message has been edited by D-Teclis (edited 12-22-2000).]

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2000 11:38 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Same thing goes for Sweden. I'm glad I found this site, hangin' out at the "Club Nintendo Sweden Pokémon Forum" sure wasn't fun

quote:
Originally posted by D-Teclis:

P.S:well,for the one who don't really know,there is no french site like AH actually,so,it's kinda "newby land"

------------------
"Um, that was, um, weird." _LugiaStorm_ on PBS after KO:ing my only Pokémon, Vileplume, in two rounds.

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 12-22-2000 01:15 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
This team has been rated 8,6/10 on Bulbagarden's forum...

funny, bulbagarden also considers themselves and tpm as the only good pokéy sites left on the web...

then they went on trashing all the little sites that sprang up after they did (like mine). i like their news articles, but you have to weed out all their unfounded facts and opinions. but other than the news, i'm not too fond of them. kinda haughty...

------------------

CHaRiZaRd
Farting Nudist
Member # 994

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2000 02:45 PM      Profile for CHaRiZaRd   Author's Homepage   Email CHaRiZaRd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ehh.. I guess I'll rate the team.

Chansey: Not bad. That's what I USED to have, then I dropped Sub for T-wave just to make it annoying.

Zapdos: Perfect.

Rhydon: no no no... Get rid of Submission and Body Slam. Rhydon doesn't work well with a Kamikaze moveset. He's too freakin slow. Drop Submission and Body Slam for substitute and Rest.

Parasect: It may be a standard move set, but Parasect still blows. It's a Psychic killer, but... ughh! He's horrible. You can keep it the way it is, but I highly recommend another Grass type.

Lapras: Ditch Thunder for T-bolt. The rest is fine.

Ninetales: A good move set, but get rid of 'em. He's flat out useless.
Get a Psychic type.

Not bad, mostly good Pokemon, good move sets. Fire type is a no no. Parasect... I'm still a little IFFY there. The tactic works, but I dunno, Swords Dance and Leech Life, even though he gets STAB, may not be enough. It could an Alakzam here or there, but It's too slow. It may work out for you, I've never tried it, so I'll give you credit for fighting with Parasect. 7.5/10

* Doh!! I didn't read the entire thread, you changed your team...bah, Jolteon's move set is standard. Victreebel, ehh, Venusaur is basically the same, except it doesn't have stun spore. Even so, I think Sleep Powder would have been a better idea instead. It's more accurate and it can buy time while you 'Dance up. Acid and Swords Dance could work, but who are you gonna use Acid against, bug types? I see it works against Exeggutor and Tangela, but that's about it. Maybe Body Slam over Acid instead.

Rhydon: clonage is also known as substitute, repos? Unless you mean rest, keep it.

I like Zapdos over Jolteon, but it works perfectly fine. Get rid of the fire type.. 8.9/10
------------------
Eesh. You frighten me. I have special hours for folks like you. Try coming back at half past never!

[This message has been edited by CHaRiZaRd (edited 12-22-2000).]

the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2000 03:32 PM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The main problem with Zapdos is his part Flying type. With this Pokémon, my team becomes very weak against Ice attacks.
Sleep powder isn't more accurate than stun spore, and it's a para-team, so there's no place for a sleep attack !
Hyper beam will do more damage than acid, and on all Pokémon types

------------------

the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2000 03:42 PM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lapras with psychic ! Yeah, great idea for my team :

CHANSEY - seismic toss / minimize / thunder wave / softboiled

RHYDON - earthquake / rock slide / substitute / rest

VICTREEBEL - razor leaf / hyper beam / stun spore / swords dance

LAPRAS - surf / blizzard / psychic / confuse ray

NINETALES - flame thrower / dig / reflect / confuse ray

JOLTEON - thunderbolt / pin missile / thunder wave / focus energy

------------------

Brayze
Farting Nudist
Member # 1286

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2000 03:42 PM      Profile for Brayze     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Parasect= useless except for spore.

Leech life, well, you're looking at 60 damage a pop after an SD, which means... you're dead.

Forget it. Use something else, anything else, just not leech life.

------------------

From: Lunar Palace ver. 3.1 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 12-22-2000 04:08 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You'll do more damage using body slam even with super effective and stab than acid on victreebel. Hyper beam would also work, but you have to still recharge on stadium even if you beat the opponent and its accuracy might cause it to miss, making you miss two turns! (in stadium that is) The point of leech life on para is to give you back some life from the sub. The strategy is to spore, sub, sd and leech life your health back. If opponent wakes up, spore again and sub again (because it will likely be gone), then leech life again.

------------------
If there is true evil in this world, it lies in the heart of Mankind...
-Opening quote in Tales of Phantasia

[This message has been edited by Pokegod (edited 12-22-2000).]

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
1970Beetle
Farting Nudist
Member # 933

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2000 07:35 PM      Profile for 1970Beetle   Author's Homepage   Email 1970Beetle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The latest "Master Team" is getting a lot better. I really like Ninetales, but I'm starting to find it a little useless myself. Good Fire types are hard to come by. Arcanine is a good choice, but he always seems to end up with Dig too, because there's not much else to do after Flamethrower/Body Slam/Reflect.

I probably would of stuck with Zapdos too. It's a more powerful character.

If you throw Thunderbolt back on Lapras, you'll have Trainer Ken's famous "Happy Ness" moveset (hope I spelled it right).

Overall, it doesn't look so bad now. See what you can learn from a Dutch girl and a bunch of people who play Pokemon too much?

------------------
Please visit my site and register as a United States Pokemon Trainer. http://www.tbns.net/poketrainer/home.html
Thanks to everyone who has registered. If you can't find yourself, hit REFRESH.

From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
the Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 1077

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2000 08:46 AM      Profile for the Master   Author's Homepage   Email the Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know that about body slam, but I think Victreebel will keep hyper beam.

------------------

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.