This is topic First PBS Impressions *or* Dodrio takes down Mewtwo! in forum Arbok's Internet Cafe at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000085

Posted by Dabid (Member # 578) on 07-11-2000, 10:29 PM:

I had my very first experience with PBS today and it was definitely a good one. I lost my first few battles in the morning partly because I was a little disoriented at first and partly because I wanted to experiment with a Focus Energy-ing Raticate. Not a good idea.

However, when I tried this evening duels went a lot smoother, and I had my first-ever match against an AGNP celebrity in PokeCapn. Without giving away too much about the teams we're using (mostly because I can't remember most of the match), it came down to his Mewtwo and my Electrode and Dodrio. Electrode attacks with Thunderwave. Mewtwo's paralyzed. Mewtwo Amnesias. Electrode explodes. Mewtwo at 60% health. In comes Dodrio. Hyper Beam! Critical Hit!! Down goes Mewtwo. All hail Dodrio, new king of the Pokémon!!

------------------
“I’ve continually fought, and with each battle I’ve lost something. And my heart has been completely void of feeling for quite a long time now. Maybe my life doesn’t have value any more but I have to go on living. I’ve got a home to go back to.” --Trowa Barton

Posted by psycho monkey on 07-11-2000, 10:32 PM:

good job...M2 is cheap

*runs away*

------------------
And then it came to me, I can dip my butt in shrimp sauce and slam it on a canvas!

PBS:Sirocco, challenge me sometime, AIM: Psychodic monkey
creator of the famous discouragement line

Posted by stinky cheese man (Member # 455) on 07-11-2000, 11:59 PM:

Ha! You got lucky but good job anyway.

------------------
Do I really need a sig?

Posted by KeroKato (Member # 230) on 07-14-2000, 12:01 PM:

It seems that cheapos always get critical hits on them, and the very weak always get critical hits themselves. My team (which had a Seaking, Butterfree, and an Onix to name a few) defeated a team with M2 and Articuno! I wouldn't stop getting critical hits!

------------------
Reality's End, Home of the R.E. League
"Once again a knife wielding maniac has shown us the way." Bart, The Simpsons

Karpe Diem