This is topic This is what I came up with. in forum Karp Park at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=007778

Posted by ceoalex316 (Member # 338) on 11-12-2003, 09:20 PM:

We all know that 12% of black people are in jail and that 50% of the prison population is black. But do we know why? Those statistics can only lead you to conclude one of three things: black people are inferior, the statistics are incorrect (which they are not), or that someone is not giving black people a fair chance.

I was wondering but this ever since I made the “What’s wrong with black people?” topic. I have now come up with something that is quite reasonable and enough to erase my racism for black people completely.

First off the problem does not lie within race, it lies within social class. No one thinks there is anything wrong with middle class black people (except the redneck south, but we are not discussing why racism is wrong.) The problem lies in the black people in poverty. The highest percentage of any race in poverty are African Americans (or maybe Latinos, but blacks are up there.) Which isn’t so hard to understand. It’s not so easy bouncing back from segregation.

Here is the biggest problem for black people, and that’s getting out of poverty. No one can survive in the ghetto and act “white”, which is why every black kid in poverty both good and bad (this is important) act the same way. They dress the same, talk the same, and both know how to survive in the streets. The difference is that the good black people want to live the decent life. They want to go to school and get legit jobs. They might act tough, dress like drug dealers, and have lots of kids ( in the ghetto if you don’t have sex you don’t get respect), but they won’t rob you, they won’t sell crack, and they won’t leave their kids.

Black people who grow up in the streets fall victim to the street stereotype. Which is very strong, since everyone dresses and talks the same. When that happens police will ignore the ghetto’s of America with the attitude of “let the niggers kill themselves.” They assume that every kid in the ghetto is bad. The justice system will automatically assume guilt. Even when a judge decides to be a little “fair” to the black guy, they slightest screw up on the black guys part will result in the judge assuming that he doesn’t care (or want to be decent.)

Now when everyone is against you its hard to live a decent life or leave poverty. The only way they will be respected is if they act “white”, which by the name given to the behavior you can see why they don’t.

Posted by Barrierd (Member # 3132) on 11-12-2003, 09:30 PM:

You might want to also think about the socioeconomics as a reason why there are more blacks in jail (apart from racial prejudice).

I'm taking Sociology, so it was the first thing that popped into my mind. But you're right there there are other reasons.

Posted by NintendoLover (Member # 3138) on 11-12-2003, 10:02 PM:

like the phasing out of VCRs and the growing popularity of the DVD player

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 11-13-2003, 02:06 AM:

Racial profiling. Blacks are often targeted rather then whites for whatever reason.

Posted by Charmeleon42 (Member # 1066) on 11-13-2003, 03:07 AM:

The answer is a lot simpler than that, although people don't like to say it.

For example, where I live is nothing like a ghetto. It's middle class all the way, with upper class people all up in the hills, too far away to matter. Given that, why is it that the black kids at my high school talk about getting in fights more than I hear from other groups?

The answer is simple: black youth culture (I'm talking for ceoalex's 'bad' stereotype, don't think that I'm stupid enough to think all black people all this way) in today's day and age is about violence. The cultural homeland is the 'hood' (read: ghetto), the cultural output is in rap music involving drinking 40's, fucking bitches, and shooting cops (dont bs me with 'its sending a message about real life', immature kids dont listen to it for the message, they listen to it for the phat beats and people saying fuck and bitch and stuff)... etc etc.

Maybe it's a little bit straightforward to say, but it's just like Michael Savage - I'm telling it how it is.

Posted by Tghost (Member # 1418) on 11-13-2003, 03:25 AM:

let me give you some advice, ceoalex; less thinking, more pandas humping.

Posted by Dweedle (Member # 1209) on 11-13-2003, 11:31 AM:

watch out for those krazy blackies

Posted by Psybro (Member # 290) on 11-13-2003, 12:00 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Charmeleon42:
The answer is simple: black youth culture (I'm talking for ceoalex's 'bad' stereotype, don't think that I'm stupid enough to think all black people all this way) in today's day and age is about violence. The cultural homeland is the 'hood' (read: ghetto), the cultural output is in rap music involving drinking 40's, fucking bitches, and shooting cops (dont bs me with 'its sending a message about real life', immature kids dont listen to it for the message, they listen to it for the phat beats and people saying fuck and bitch and stuff)... etc etc.

And who mass markets these images?

That's right, white folk!

Posted by 10,000Lb.Snorlax (Member # 13) on 11-13-2003, 12:09 PM:

The Cosby Kids turned out pretty good.

Posted by Mentar the Malady Monkey (Member # 1182) on 11-13-2003, 05:59 PM:

Maybe it's a little bit straightforward to say, but it's just like Michael Savage - I'm telling it how it is.

My stepdad listened to this guy and couldn't fucking stop laughing. Not the best idea to compare yourself to him.

Posted by 137 (Member # 1465) on 11-13-2003, 06:45 PM:

The Cosbys were white.

Posted by ceoalex316 (Member # 338) on 11-13-2003, 06:56 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Charmeleon42:
The answer is a lot simpler than that, although people don't like to say it.

For example, where I live is nothing like a ghetto. It's middle class all the way, with upper class people all up in the hills, too far away to matter. Given that, why is it that the black kids at my high school talk about getting in fights more than I hear from other groups?

I was just explaining the high prison rate of black people.

Middle class don't need to rob people to get by, but for poor black people it’s the only way out. White kids that grow up in the ghetto and want to be “decent” have no problem with acting “white.” Which is why most of them get a chance in the world and the poor ghetto blacks don’t.

The difference char, is that middle class people talking about violence are wannabes and ghetto poor kids aren’t. They are the ones that end up in jail cause they really feel the to commit crimes.

Why white people are racist against black people is a different story. Though the only racism that leads to crimes is against the poor.

Karpe Diem