This is topic Useless Facts of the Day: (05/11/03) in forum Azure Pokemon Center at The Azure Heights Forum.
To visit this topic, use this URL:
Posted by Uiru (Member # 437) on 05-11-2003, 03:15 AM:
1) It has come to my attention that the Ice type move Haze is not learnable by a single Ice type Pokémon. Its main user base is Water and Poison, with some Dragon thrown in for flavor.
2) In addition to the four secret attacks Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant and Volt Tackle, there are two more unattainable attacks in RS. The first is Icicle Spear, which appears on Egg Lists but not level up lists- rendering it unavailable to all but the very luckiest Smeargles battling the very luckiest Metronomers. (Once attained, it must be bred to Seel- also unavailable at this time- and can be passed among the other users in turn.) The second is Nightmare, which, like the four secret attacks, does not appear anywhere on any Pokémon. Why was it forgotten? There are much more craptastic moves that could have been dropped by the wayside... the number of Pokémon that learn Fury Swipes and Take Down is *disgusting*.
Of course, there are other attacks that are currently unavailable with only 202 Pokémon, such as Follow Me, but they will eventually be attainable.
Posted by moogleman (Member # 1017) on 05-11-2003, 03:39 AM:
They'll probably make them available in the next installment, the game that will be the yellow of Ru/Sa. Wasn't Kinesis only attainable in Yellow but not in Red/Blue? Kind of like that, probably.
Posted by Donald (Member # 1551) on 05-11-2003, 11:29 AM:
Any idea what Icicle Spear does? Is it another lame Ice OHKO, or just an attack?
And Fury Swipes Nincada r0x. Just so you know.
Posted by Haruka (Member # 3300) on 05-11-2003, 12:29 PM:
Icicle Spear Ice Type
30 PP 10 Power 100 Accuracy
Target: One Hits 2 to 5 times.
Posted by TeLeFonE (Member # 2293) on 05-11-2003, 03:30 PM:
The second part wasn't exactly useless. I want my 23 seconds back. >:[
Posted by Uiru (Member # 437) on 05-12-2003, 03:39 AM:
I'm fairly certain Kinesis in RBY was a mistake. "Oops, we sort of set the wild Kadabra's levels too high." "Well, the attack sucks anyway." "True." It's not like RBY wasn't swimming with mistakes *cough*590stattotal*cough*.
[ 05-12-2003, 03:41 AM: Message edited by: Uiru ]
Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 05-13-2003, 05:24 AM:
1) It wouldn't have mattered what level the Red/Blue Kadabras were; Kinesis isn't on their move lists at all.
2) Kinesis is actually a pretty useful move; I made an RBY team based around it.
3) What is this "590 stat total" you speak of; this part is just because I wanted to use a semicolon in every point.
Posted by Uiru (Member # 437) on 05-13-2003, 11:01 AM:
1) I'm pretty sure it is, at least according to Stadium 2's info, but I'm too lazy to check.
2) It's a Flash with slightly better accuracy... Why not use Sand Attack instead?
3) It was originally 680 but then I remembered that RBY had no S. Def stat.
Posted by Haruka (Member # 3300) on 05-13-2003, 12:38 PM:
Just tested this myself, and raised up a level 4 Kadabra on Red. No Kinesis.
Posted by Uiru (Member # 437) on 05-13-2003, 01:15 PM:
Kadabra doesn't learn Kinesis by level, it's just "there", like Teleport. The only way to teach Kinesis to a Kadabra that's missed it is Sta2.
Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 05-13-2003, 08:35 PM:
1) Kadabra (and Alakazam) learn Kinesis at Level 1 in Yellow. They don't learn it at all in Red/Blue.
2) Kadabra doesn't learn Sand Attack.
Posted by DrFuko (Member # 2176) on 05-14-2003, 07:21 PM:
- Doom Desire
- Psycho Blast
Doom Desire R0X
Posted by Uiru (Member # 437) on 05-14-2003, 09:37 PM:
But they're learned, by Jirachi and Deoxys. It's just that we can't have access to them right now. Nightmare and Icicle Spear will NEVER be available unless some Smeargle gets lucky against a Metronomer.