This is topic Karen's Missingno... er, Vileplume in forum Azure Pokemon Center at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=001186

Posted by oporaca (Member # 922) on 08-18-2001, 02:54 PM:

For some reason, every time I use my Heracross's Megahorn against Karen's Vileplume, the game says that it "isn't very effective," even though the Grass-type cancels out the Poison-type.

One time, while I was fighting her Vileplume with my Xatu, my Xatu got "stuck" Flying. Of course, this meant that I couldn't get hit. (For those of you that care, I could attack normally from the air.)

Seems almost like it might be Missingno-influenced... I know this sounds dumb, but apparently it is glitch-related. The evidence seems to point to her Vileplume.

Or maybe it's just my game.

Posted by Twinkle (Member # 1690) on 08-19-2001, 01:46 PM:

Maybe it's a special dark-type Vileplume.

Posted by Mewone (Member # 1694) on 08-19-2001, 02:00 PM:

I like chickens.

Posted by Dark_Herakurosu (Member # 1677) on 08-19-2001, 04:19 PM:

It always says "its not very effective" if one type resists the attack. And when you got stuck flying, that was a little-known glitch. Probably one left over from RBY, cuz something similar heppened with Explosion.

Posted by oporaca (Member # 922) on 08-19-2001, 05:23 PM:

quote:
Maybe it's a special dark-type Vileplume.
Then it would just be weaker to Bug-type attacks, not stronger.

quote:
It always says "its not very effective" if one type resists the attack.
*Turns on Game Boy*
*Uses Razor Leaf on a Tentacool*
*Turns off Game Boy*
That's odd... It didn't say anything about type-effectiveness... maybe because they fixed it for GSC?

P.S. Please don't take what I said about Missingno seriously, but something is seriously freaking me out here.

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 08-21-2001, 08:18 AM:

For some reason, every time I use my Heracross's Megahorn against Karen's Vileplume, the game says that it "isn't very effective," even though the Grass-type cancels out the Poison-type.

Is this in Stadium 2 or the Gameboy? If the latter, which version?

One time, while I was fighting her Vileplume with my Xatu, my Xatu got "stuck" Flying. Of course, this meant that I couldn't get hit. (For those of you that care, I could attack normally from the air.)

Did this happen when you were fully paralyzed while in the air? I though they'd fixed that bug...

Posted by oporaca (Member # 922) on 08-21-2001, 06:33 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
Is this in Stadium 2 or the Gameboy? If the latter, which version?
Game Boy, Silver.

quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
Did this happen when you were fully paralyzed while in the air? I though they'd fixed that bug...
Yes I was paralyzed, but I couldn't get it to work again after that. BTW, During that time, both Future Sight and Petal Dance were in effect.

Karpe Diem