This is topic Best Training Grounds?? in forum Azure Pokemon Center at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=001133

Posted by St George (Member # 1923) on 07-05-2001, 11:44 AM:

Hi,

I was wondering where the best training locations are to build up Stat Experience in H.P., Attacks, Defense, Special Attacks, Special Defense and Speed are. I have Pokemon Gold.

Thanks in Advance,

St George

------------------

Posted by Dark-Celebi (Member # 1889) on 07-05-2001, 02:31 PM:

The places I like to Train my pokemon appart from going through the elite four are inside and around the grassy areas out side mount silver. Just suggestions, but i think their the best areas for trainning.
Dark-Celebi

------------------
"your nails are digging into my arm god dammit"

Dark-Celebi "keep it up guys"

Posted by Jared0169 (Member # 1081) on 07-05-2001, 04:25 PM:

I usually trained anywhere I could, but after noticing what all the battling while looking for Lucky Egg wielding Chanseys was doing for my pokemon, I've decided that the best place for training lvl 25- lvl 55 pokemon is the grass west of Fuschia City. Then I just raise them from lvl55 to lvl100 at the Elite Four.

------------------
The poster formerly known as Mew72584
Email:jared_van_ausdal@hotmail.com
AIM: Jared0169
"Boy, they were big on crematoriums, weren't they?" -President George H.W. Bush on a tour of Auschwitz in 1987
"Dragonite can be a good Hazer, if he gets BP'd with agility." -Johto Trainer

Posted by MK (Member # 1445) on 07-05-2001, 05:47 PM:

In my opinion, the best place is The Ruins of Alph. Go fight alot of Unowns. Sure they are only at level 5, but you get stat experience, which doesn't matter what level the defending Pokémon is. When I'm leveling up, I fight lots of Unowns.

-MK

Posted by Bob_Utsugi (Member # 1605) on 07-06-2001, 09:21 AM:

I'll train in Ruins Of Alph. No matter what level Unown is, I just kill them to get stat experience. But Elite 4 is best place ever

------------------
I can make my team even better..

Posted by Mewtwo's #150 (Member # 1800) on 07-08-2001, 01:18 AM:

Well, for stat exp I recomend unowns too. They have pretty even stats but you'll still gain the stat exp for them. If you have enough stat exp, fight the elite four to raise your levels.

------------------

Posted by St George (Member # 1923) on 07-08-2001, 05:36 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Mewtwo's #150:
Well, for stat exp I recomend unowns too. They have pretty even stats but you'll still gain the stat exp for them. If you have enough stat exp, fight the elite four to raise your levels.

If you fight unknowns to build up Stat Exp. - if you start with a level 5 pokemon (hatched egg) how long do you train it there before you know you have achieved Max Stats before leveling out and beating the elite four to raise levels?

Regards,

St George

------------------

Posted by Atma (Member # 689) on 07-13-2001, 12:30 PM:

Unless my memory is off (and it could be -- I didn't get enough sleep last night, so I'm kinda tired now), the following are true:

(1) When you defeat a pokemon you get stat exp equal to its base stats
(2) You can get up to 65,535 (256*256-1)stat exp for each stat
(3) However, you only need 65,025 (255*255) stat exp to max out a stat.
(4) According to the GSDex, Unown has base stats of 72 for Attack and SA, and 48 for everything else.
(5) Atma doesn't remember whether SA and SD share a stat exp variable, and if they do, whether base SA or SD is used to determine it.
(6) Battling an Unown gives 43 Exp.

So...

You'll need to fight 904 (65,025/72 = 903.125, rounded up) Unowns to max out stat exp for Attack, maybe SA, and possibly even SD. You'll know when you have 38,872 (904*43) Exp more than you started with -- since a newly hatched pokemon has a maxcimum of 156 Exp, you'll hit max Attack stat exp by 40,028 Exp.

You'll need to fight 1355 (65,025/48 = 1354.6875, rounded up) Unowns to max out stat exp for everything. You'll know you're at max when you have 58,265 (1355*43) Exp more than you started with -- since a newly hatched pokemon has a maximum of 156 Exp, you'll hit max Attack stat exp by 58,421 Exp.

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

Posted by Meowth346 (Member # 166) on 07-13-2001, 02:45 PM:

However, give a baby 10 of each doping item (Iron, Carbos, etc.) and it drops to 780 Unowns required. If the baby has PokéRus, or has had PokéRus, then it takes 390 Unowns.

Or, for more variety and possibly faster growth, you can go to Bellsprout Tower or Route 29 and battle Rattata for Attack and Speed, Dark Cave's Geodude for Defense, and Unowns for HP and Special.

--Meowth346

Posted by LanderZRPG (Member # 1615) on 07-13-2001, 05:42 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Meowth346:
However, give a baby 10 of each doping item (Iron, Carbos, etc.) and it drops to 780 Unowns required. If the baby has PokéRus, or has had PokéRus, then it takes 390 Unowns.

-Meowth346

If 780 Unowns are needed, and you fight ONLY Unowns, from level 5 on...

Normal/Medium Speed growths will have max stats before level 20!

(Formula was done on QBasic, being as such:
XP = 0
Level = 6 (You are growing into this level)

Loop until XP > 33540 (43x780)
XPNeeded = Level^3
XP = XP + XPNeeded
Print data
Level = Level + 1
Loop

So...
After level 18, when going for level 19, it takes 6859 (L^3) EXP. After this time, the total is 35875. So, at level 19, you have max stats on normal growths.

Now, for Fast growths:
Same deal. By level 20, they'll have all they need.

Slow?
By level 18!

Parabolic?(Oh boy...)
By level 21, they have more than 34000 EXP. They grow faster than Fast pokes, but not by THAT much.

So, dupe up your pokes, and go fight Unowns. By level 20 (Or there abouts) You'll have max Stat EXP! (From these calculations...otherwise, it seems pretty easy...almost too easy...) Just give your pokemon Thief or something to wipe Unowns out, and bring potions.

I would try this with 390 needed....Wait, I will.

Normal: By level 17
Fast: By level 18
Slow: By level 16
Parabolic: By level 19

Not bad! Takes off a few levels, althou you'd expect more....anyways.

So, that's my research; Hope it's helpful/correct.

------------------
Lone Wolf
The last remaining Kai Master.

(Email me at Lander_Z@Hotmail.com)

Posted by St George (Member # 1923) on 07-16-2001, 11:55 AM:

Thanks for the detailed feedback...Wow...

St George

------------------
And I thought size did not matter....

Posted by Mick_Hale (Member # 419) on 07-17-2001, 10:56 AM:

In Gold, I'll go with Unown Cave. But regardless, to level up your Pokémon really quickly, just do the Mystery Gift thing with someone that has a team of Level 100s with no offensive moves (or better yet, Gyarados with Splash) and blow them out of the water and air. Whatever.

------------------
"k mouth, please don't try the 'I'm right, you're wrong, stop arguing more coherently than me or I'll wet my pants' approach. TGD has already perfected it by himself." - Psybro

Posted by Houndoom (Member # 1996) on 07-17-2001, 02:57 PM:

I think the best training ground is the elite 4 and red.

------------------
Snorlax and Blissey rule

Posted by MK (Member # 1445) on 07-23-2001, 02:50 AM:

Those are ok places. I still vote for The Ruins of Alph though. All those little Unown I keep killing, and so many keep coming back, how do they do it? In the movie they'd have sent me away to some void.

-MK

Posted by CrystalMeth (Member # 1485) on 07-23-2001, 03:09 AM:

My ghetto ass L5 Pokemon couldn't handle the Unowns, so instead of being intelligent and using EXP. Share, I leveled him up to L10 on the first rout. How long do ya think it'll take me to max him out on Unowns now?

------------------
~ Crystal the Anime cat girl ~
"MEEEEOOOOWWWWW!"
-Ryo-Ohki

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 07-23-2001, 05:47 AM:

It will still take the same number of Unowns to max out, but it may be somewhat harder if you're trying to max out before a certain level.

------------------
"His ferocity is legendary - his anger against injustice blazes like a six-alarm fire within him."
-- Transformers: Car Robots Optimus Prime tech spec

Posted by St George (Member # 1923) on 07-23-2001, 04:31 PM:

Hi,

I've received some advise on this to my home email address as well and I think an alternative to fighting unowns at level 5 all the time is to use EXP SHARE and fight;

Diglett and Dugtrio at Diglett's cave for the "Speed" DV in Kanto at anytime.

Abra (S.A), Kadabra (S.A), Haunter (S.A), Noctowl (H.P and S.D) at night on Route 8 in Kanto for "Special Attack" and to a lesser degree "H.P" and "Special Defense" DV's.

Geodude, Graveler and Gligar at Route 45 at anytime in Johto for the "Defense" DV.

Surf Route 12,13 in Kanto at anytime for Tentacruel (S.D), Tentacool (S.D), Quagsire (H.P) for "Special Defense" and "H.P." DV's.

Go to Pallet Town in Kanto and Surf to the Grassy patch at Route 21 to battle Tangela at anytime for the "H.P" DV. Also, if you are lucky you will bump into Mr. and Mrs Mime:-)

I haven't found or heard of a good percentage Route for the "Attack" DV - still searching.

Use EXP SHARE until your pokemon's level is high enough to battle on it's own, then belt them up without it. This method is probably faster and more interesting as well compared to fighting umpteem unowns.

Possibly fight 3 levels at Digletts Cave, 3 levels at Route 8 (at night), 3 level at ... until you have covered all the D.V.s, surely by Level 30 your Poke should be Maxed out especially if you drugged him/her up full of steriods.

Regards,

St George

------------------

Posted by Random Loser (Member # 1538) on 07-23-2001, 05:59 PM:

Just thought I'd check this.. aren't specAtt and specDef rolled up into one based on the specAtt stat? As in, fighting shuckles for specDef exp is a less than good idea?

------------------
"The statement by our blunderbuss azurian is totally non valid."
-MK

Posted by St George (Member # 1923) on 07-23-2001, 07:04 PM:

I need to make a correction - Tangela at Route 21 is for "Special Attack" not "H.P." - sorry.

Also, does it make a difference if a Poke is maxed out prior to evolving or is genes just genes for that Poke and will continue on??

Uuuummm - now that's new..... Still ponders about the "The Good Ship Lollipop" - MMMmmmm

Regards,

St George

------------------

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 07-24-2001, 02:29 AM:

RL is correct; the enemy's Special Defense has no effect on the stat experience you get.

Also, does it make a difference if a Poke is maxed out prior to evolving or is genes just genes for that Poke and will continue on??

Genes are fixed when you catch the Pokemon and never change. Stat experience is only based on the base stats of the Pokemon you fight. The point at which a Pokemon evolves has no effect on its final, maxed-out stats.

------------------
"His ferocity is legendary - his anger against injustice blazes like a six-alarm fire within him."
-- Transformers: Car Robots Optimus Prime tech spec

Posted by Lieutenant Aerodactyl (Member # 1967) on 07-25-2001, 11:31 PM:

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but does EXP. Share mean that the pokemon who started and the other pokemon in your team get the same stat. exp?

Thanks in advance.

------------------

Posted by Random Loser (Member # 1538) on 07-26-2001, 12:14 AM:

Yeah, it splits stat and level exp between those that fight and whoever's holding it.

------------------
"The statement by our blunderbuss azurian is totally non valid."
-MK

Karpe Diem