This is topic Where can I find the legedary critters? in forum Azure Pokemon Center at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000851

Posted by stinky cheese man (Member # 455) on 11-12-2000, 08:28 AM:

Various websites say that Raikou, Entei and Suicune appear randomly in Johto grass areas, but I'm sure they appear in places some more than others.

I need to know where they are seen most often, I have three master balls with their name on them.

------------------
Huked on fonix werkd fer meh.

"This board is more addictive than chocolate chip crack." -Starcaliber

Posted by The Rookie (Member # 1030) on 11-12-2000, 10:15 AM:

Nope random, for real

Use your pokedex to find where there at. If you ever enter and leave a building tho they'll move to a different spot. Also you can't fly to that location, gotta go on foot.

The easiest way to get them is go to the location with a level 40 pokemon and use repel or super repel, that way you won't encounter any random fights except against the legendary beasts.

------------------

Posted by KingZapdos (Member # 672) on 11-12-2000, 11:25 AM:

They will chanr locations if you:
Go into a building
Leave/go into a city
Chage routes
They're hard to catch, but Suicune is MORE than worth it

------------------

Posted by Chloreon (Member # 945) on 11-13-2000, 06:06 AM:

Yay! I just caught Suicune a day or so ago and I've got Entei down to a sliver of HP, I just need to take a few more white apricorns to Kurt(I tried Ultra Balls but it got me nowhere). Raikou is proving more difficult.

Bear in mind that if you meet a Beast, and manage to get a hit in before it runs away or roars, it'll still have that level of HP when you meet it next.

I find it easier to find them by firstly, using the repel thing, but also just flying repeatedly to New Bark Town, and when I'm standing outside my front door, checking where they are. If none are nearby, I just fly to New Bark Town again before I move, etc etc, and sooner or later I'll see that they're on the route just west of New Bark. That's how I like to track 'em down.

------------------
Chloreon: A grass-type Eeveelution evolved with a Leaf Stone.
---------
"How can a Slowbro beat a Charizard?" - Tracey

[This message has been edited by Chloreon (edited 11-13-2000).]

Posted by Marril (Member # 51) on 11-13-2000, 10:55 PM:

Suicune: got w/Master Ball (schweet animation for the Master Ball! )
Raikou: got down to literally 1 HP left, am persuing it now.
Entei: only saw it twice, and it's got 40 HP damage on it due to one Dragon Rage...

Well, that's just me (and Suicune's over-the-shouler is just UGLY!)...

Just see if it's in the same route as you (takes a while) and go into fights (False Swipe helps ).

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
--Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words,
Star Wars: The Last Command

Posted by Juice (Member # 968) on 11-14-2000, 02:21 PM:

Me,personally,tracked them down simply.I did this by Flying to Ecrutek city constant.I figure that Ecrutek is kind of like connected throughout a chain.Most likely the Beasts were near the Milktank farm or just under the town.All you do is ride your bike there.It is extremely easy getting to anyplace through riding your bikie from Ecrutek,save the Blackthorn Mountain Range or New Bark town.

------------------
Y!Y for Yogurt!I hate Yogurt!
-Lord Helmet

Posted by Volrath50 (Member # 171) on 11-14-2000, 05:50 PM:

I caught my kick@$$ Suicune with a MasterBall after getting it down to about 13 HP.... I was going to try a SpeedBall or whatever but Kurt ate my white Apricorn and I didn't want to wait anouther day.... I hung around at Violet the most to catch him.... Suicune seemed to hang around there too....

------------------
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners.

Posted by VOTM (Member # 840) on 11-14-2000, 11:29 PM:

Ultra ball's suck 'eh? Well I cought Entie at a Sliver of life WITH an Ultra Ball. It might of been just luck. Just gotta get Sukune and Raikou.

------------------
Articuno, hear my cry

"This Kittens Purdy." Jackdaw
Ah, a Penguin at last! Why does that sound so wrong?
Got Vaporeon questions? I got answers!(most of the time)

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 11-15-2000, 11:52 PM:

I got shocking results when catching a RBY Zapdos.
Cesar used Ultra Ball
It missed
Cesar used Ultra Ball
It missed
Cesar used Ultra Ball
It missed
Cesar used Great Ball
It missed
Cesar used Great Ball
It missed
Cesar used pokeball
Zapdos was caught
O_o No, this is not bullshit. I may have used less/more pokeballs but I know I used about 5 of them. I think 1-2 pokeballs not sure. And it did not always miss Zapdos, it means it escaped from the pokeball

------------------
NidoGod- Earthquake, Amnesia, Ice Punch, Double Kick

Posted by New Guy (Member # 692) on 11-18-2000, 12:40 PM:

When I set them free, I immediately went south from Ecruteak for some reason that I forget. In the first patch of grass the first pokemon I see is Suicune. No joke. Of course it got away without a scratch, but at least I saw it.

------------------
Oh well, what can you do? We didn't ask to be born, we just work here...-Mr. K

"Every wizard should have a Hobbit in his care, to teach him the meaning of the word."-Gandalf the White in LOTR

Posted by oporaca (Member # 922) on 11-19-2000, 07:04 PM:

I think for some reason, they're more common near Ecruteak. (Gee, I wonder what that reason could be. <g> )One day, without looking, my friend saw all three Beasts (without looking for them) west of Ecruteak. South of Ecruteak, and also without looking, I saw both Suicune and Entei WITHIN ONE MINUTE OF EACH OTHER. Sadly, I don't have my Master Ball because I used it on my Shiny Swinub... :...-( Oh, and I first found Suicune in Route Two after talking to Monica.

P.S. How did you get the multiple Master Balls?

------------------
My ideas may be crazy, but they're the good kind of crazy.

[This message has been edited by oporaca (edited 11-19-2000).]

Posted by Pink Elephant (Member # 261) on 11-19-2000, 07:29 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by oporaca:

P.S. How did you get the multiple Master Balls?

Listen to the Lucky Channel. If one of the I.D. numbers they anounce matches one on a pokemon that you own, you win a Master Ball.

------------------
*~=-=>[Pink Elephant]<=-=~*

Posted by Conflagra (Member # 979) on 11-20-2000, 11:28 PM:

What are the odds that you will win the lottery?

------------------

Posted by Tenshi no Myu (Member # 1120) on 11-20-2000, 11:41 PM:

The odds are insanely against your favor. Most people just use the Pokebox Multiplying Trick. I think there are several posts that explain how that works lying around here somewhere...

------------------
My strong point is art, not strategy...but I try ^^;

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 11-21-2000, 10:23 AM:

Hmm... When I played through on a ROM, the very first Lucky Number that I checked was my own ID.

------------------
"I heard that Bush didn't even know who Canada's president is."
-- Member of Al Gore's campaign staff

[This message has been edited by White Cat (edited 11-21-2000).]

Posted by stinky cheese man (Member # 455) on 11-21-2000, 11:43 AM:

I checked all the grassy areas around Ecrutek and I didn't find any of those darned critters.

I still have three master balls with their names on them. Stupid critters.

Oh I almost forgot to answer your question oporaca.

Well first you save your game, then make a useless pokemon like a rattata hold the master ball then deposit rattata in a box, now switch boxes and when is asks you whether you want to save your game you answer yes, it will say "saving do not turn off the power." as soon as the sentance finishes turn the power off, turn it back on and now you should have two rattatas and two master balls. One in the box the other in your team.

------------------
Huked on fonix werkd fer meh.

"This board is more addictive than chocolate chip crack." -Starcaliber

[This message has been edited by stinky cheese man (edited 11-21-2000).]

Posted by Tenshi no Myu (Member # 1120) on 11-21-2000, 04:50 PM:

I saw Suicune south of Ecruteak (I made a beeline for that grass as soon as I released them)

The other two I saw at Lake of Rage. They are supposed to move in patterns (according to an interview with the game makers), so of course they would sometimes appear in the same place.

------------------
My strong point is art, not strategy...but I try ^^;

Karpe Diem