This is topic The Mewtwo-killing Jynx in forum Azure Pokemon Center at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000404

Posted by Tom Cosmo (Member # 417) on 05-14-2000, 03:28 PM:

I had this idea yesterday about something:a Mewtwo-killing Jynx.This could actually be the best MEwtwo-killer,since they usually have Blizzard and T-Bolt(for Tobybros,Parsects,Starmies and Exeggutors) to back,meaning that Jynx could avoid Super-effective attacks.
Another tihng is putting Mewtwo to sleep.This should easily work.The only drawback is that Jynx must survive either an onslaught of Blizzard,Psychic or T-Bolt,or Amnesia.Hopefully Mewtwo will use Amnesia,then Jynx can Lovely Kiss him.
The next part is an offensive attack.Seismic Toss is actually the best bet for a Level 100 Jynx.You're not even going to cause mroe damage with Blizzard,so Seismic toss is a great bet.
If all else fails,Jynx can go all-or-notihng,Ice Beam and try to freeze.
If anyone else has already thought of this,I have no knowledge of it.I invented this myself,and it had gotten high acclaim at The Pokémasters.
So what ya' think?The full moveset:
Reflect
Lovely Kiss
Seismic Toss
Ice Beam

Ice Beam's accuracy is higher than Blizzards,so it is better fir all-or-nothing freezing.It also has more PP.Reflect is for use when fighting Pokémon other than Mewtwo.

------------------
Just some English Kid who hangs out at The Pokémasters.

Mewtwo-killing Jynx?I INVENTED The MEwtwo-killing Jynx.

Posted by starCaliber (Member # 268) on 05-14-2000, 05:20 PM:

Eh...Tauros is a better Mewtwo killing bet with this moveset.

-Body Slam
-Insert
-3 other
-moves here.

Body Slam. Keep Body Slammin' till Mewtwo's paralyzed. Hope for a critical hit. You COULD give it Horn Drill, but you'll waste all your time trying to Drill and miss instead of hitting the damn thing. But if you know that they have no T-bolt, use TobyBro. And if you know they have no Ice Beam/Blizzard, use Parasect. Simple as that. Jynx can't cut it, and you can't freeze a napping Mewtwo.

------------------
Being frozen solid is going to make this a one-sided fight.

Posted by articool (Member # 65) on 05-14-2000, 06:27 PM:

This *could* work, but we'll just have to see.

------------------
MAGIKARP used SPLASH!
MEWTWO fainted!

Posted by Porcupine (Member # 46) on 05-15-2000, 07:21 PM:

You fools, your Mewtwo-killing pokemon suck, and would get wiped out by almost any generic Mewtwo.

I do think Jynx is a good Mewtwo killer though, that ugly bitch! Death to her for grossing up the game with her ugly face. I guess I won't get any present from Santa this year now.

You need to use a much better moveset than that though, to kill Mewtwo with Jynx.

But there are better pokemon to use than Jynx to kill Mewtwo. Hypno would be much better if you want to kill Mewtwo from Sleeping, and Starmie, Chansey, or Slowbro would be better if you want to kill Mewtwo from Freezing. I wonder why no one has suggested a Freezer Chansey yet?

------------------

Posted by Rolken (Member # 7) on 05-15-2000, 07:26 PM:

I still favor Blizzard over Ice Beam.

------------------
There is nothing like the fragrance...of a Koffing.

Posted by Slo Migs (Member # 110) on 05-17-2000, 06:12 AM:

Interesting idea, but I'd take out reflect since most M2's don't have physical attacks anyway.

Also, I'm not sure if using Lovely Kiss will be effective against M2. It's not as dependable as Spore is. Also, on Stadium, sleep moves just aren't useful if you're fighting a pokemon that's faster than you are because of the shortened sleep length.

If I were to use Jynx as an M2 killer, I'd probably go for the freeze strategy. Problem is keeping her alive. Would substitute survive more than one psychic? If so, then that might work. Of course, if the M2 has substitute himself, then the freeze tactic also goes out the window. Damn nintendo for making those changes to sleep and sub. It just makes M2 all the more difficult to kill.

------------------
"It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's just fun"

Posted by cfalcon (Member # 19) on 05-17-2000, 12:39 PM:

Am I the only one that considers a Mewtwo with Substitute almost an eventuality?

At least in Stadium, at which point Lovely Kiss is worthless, and no freeze is possible.

Reflect isn't that great against Mewtwo: Mine don't use physical attacks, after all.

Lacking any practical method of dealing with Amnesia, psychic is still a base 67 strength (resistance plus same type skill) move, and can lower special. When that comes from a critter with 999 special, other monsters get wiped off the fac of the screen faster than the GB can clear pixels.

Jynx would still work Mewtwo more than many, but I still don't think she'd stand a chance.

------------------
-cfalcon

"Thanks for deleting the post, cfalcon!"
-UBB Automessage

Posted by Porcupine (Member # 46) on 05-17-2000, 06:09 PM:

I don't think Substitute is very good. A general strategy almost any decent team could use against Substitute Mewtwo is to PP waste him, either by straightforward PP wasting or switching pokemons.

Of course any Mewtwo can be PP wasted but I think a Substitute one would be particularly vulnerable because Substitute has only 10 PP.

You can also Snorlax Body Slam wap or Slowbro Amnesia'ed Surf wap the Substitute's in 1 hit, so that could cause some problem's for Mewtwo.

------------------

Posted by KeroKato (Member # 230) on 05-17-2000, 10:11 PM:

This goes back to the FireBlast thing. People started using Parasects against him and they gave M2 FireBlast. That would destroy Jynx utterly, not to mention that she sucks.... bad.

------------------
Reality's End, do you have anything better to do? Oh, you do. Well then, er, still go!

Posted by Porcupine (Member # 46) on 05-18-2000, 04:34 PM:

Only an idiot would give FireBlast to Mewtwo. Just pre-Poison, pre-Burn, or pre-Paralyze your Mewtwo if you fear Parasect that much.

I think in a tournament I'd pre-Burn my Mewtwo anyway, it'd kill many birds with one stone. Will take care of Freezers, One-hit KO'ers, Sleepers, and Tobybro all at once. Hope it doesn't kill my own Mewtwo...

------------------

Posted by Mr. K (Member # 2) on 05-19-2000, 02:31 AM:

First of all, a Snorlax Body Slam will not always take out a Mewtwo sub.

quote:
Originally posted by Porcupine:
I think in a tournament I'd pre-Burn my Mewtwo anyway...

And you'd lose the match, because you'd be disqualified.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

Posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk (Member # 14) on 05-19-2000, 05:06 AM:

So what ya' think? The full moveset:
Reflect
Lovely Kiss
Seismic Toss
Ice Beam

Jynx might work, but not with this moveset.

Any anti-Mewtwo needs to be able to kill the thing before being killed (Jolteon), or to be able to run the gauntlet (Parasect). Dropping Ice Beam and Reflect for Rest and Double Team, or if you're concerned about other Pokemon, putting Sub in, would make Jynx a_possibility_.

Thunderbolt and Amnesia will frag it in two hits, and Substitute is on 80% of all Stadium Mewtwo. Even if it didn't have Sub, you'd have to keep hammering at it with Siesmic Toss, you'd need five hits to kill it, so each Lovely Kiss buys you a maximum of, what, two hits? Make that_one_hit if you're planning on keeping the guy pinned down permanently. If you think you can score 5 hits without Lovely Kiss missing once, or Mewtwo waking up as soon as he's asleep, it'll work. Maybe. And that leaves no space to Rest/DT incase he decides to frag you.

Oh, and remember that Lovely Kiss only has ten PP.

Parasect works with Sub/Sleep b/c he can attack and heal at the same time. Egg works b/c he doesn't have to attack each turn, he can Leech Seed away all that HP while he tries to stay alive. Jynx might work, but it's a stretch IMHO.

If you want a sleeper-killer for normal GB, take Parasect. If you want a sleeper-killer for Stadium, use Egg. Jynx might be able to join their ranks with a bit of work, so keep working on it.

Oh, and take the "I INVENTED THE MEWTWO KILLING JYNX!" out of your sig. If I can live without my list of achievements in my sig, so can you.

------------------
Cat-Gonk.
- Do you believe in Goddish?

The Kitty Litter Box.
http://catgonk.cjb.net/
- GOT KITTY?

"So lock up your daughters.
Lock up your wife.
Lock your back door, and run for your life."
- "T.N.T.": AC/DC.

Posted by Slo Migs (Member # 110) on 05-19-2000, 05:59 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk:
Oh, and take the "I INVENTED THE MEWTWO KILLING JYNX!" out of your sig. If I can live without my list of achievements in my sig, so can you.

Yeah, it's very MT0ish.

Oh crap, did I just bash MT0? Oh well. I said I'd be NICER to the kid, not necessarily nice though. Hehehe

------------------
"It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's just fun"

Posted by Porcupine (Member # 46) on 05-19-2000, 05:21 PM:

According to the New Battle Damage Formula, the minimum damage a Body Slam can do to Mewtwo, if both pokemon's are genetically superior pokemon, is 105 damage. That will break his substitute. On a Snorlax I mean.

------------------

Posted by Iyse (Member # 149) on 05-19-2000, 07:40 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cosmo:
and it had gotten high acclaim at The Pokémasters.

Dude, no offence to you, but coming from The Pokémasters isn't all that great... In fact, it's the worse place to come from...

Getting high acclaim from there is as easy as eating a crisp with your fingers...

------------------
Slowbro used Amnesia
Slowbro used Amnesia
Slowbro used Amnesia
Slowbro used Surf Critical Hit

Karpe Diem