This is topic A Way to use Rage? in forum Azure Pokemon Center at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000337

Posted by The Mighty Gonk (Member # 330) on 04-29-2000, 12:15 AM:

I was thinking about this, that Rage might have SOME use, and well...

Tentacruel
-Sword Dance
-Rage
-Barrier
-Rest

Its not amazing, more of a fun thing. Pretty simple stratgy. Barrier up, first, then Swords Dance, rest if needed, then use Rage. Fun! ^_^;;

------------------
"I guess we're all idiots." ~Ruri

Posted by Hackman (Member # 131) on 04-29-2000, 12:36 AM:

Barring Psychic and Electric moves (though it has a very high special rating...), Tentacruel could kick some butt...

------------------
Hackman
pds64@hotmail.com
Hackman's Pokémon
http://hackmanpokemon.u4l.com

Posted by Argo (Member # 49) on 04-29-2000, 12:42 AM:

Anything that rages is completely unsuccessful without Double team..

------------------
AIM:Argothian Wurm
"Cut gives the Grass-type a chance versus Fire-types"
-Nintendo Power

"Falcon punch!"
-cfalcon

"It's gonna be a Psybro!"
-Ash

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 04-29-2000, 03:45 AM:

Switch Barrier for Double Team then...

Posted by The Mighty Gonk (Member # 330) on 05-02-2000, 06:56 AM:

I was thinking Double Team, but Rage's power will only rise if it actually gets hit, so, would that not defeat the purpose?

------------------
"They're idiots." ~Ruri

Posted by PikachuThunder (Member # 22) on 05-02-2000, 04:15 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Gonk:
I was thinking Double Team, but Rage's power will only rise if it actually gets hit, so, would that not defeat the purpose?

Swords Dance covers that already. After Swords Dancing to max, Rage won't power up if you get hit.

------------------
Project:Metronome

Because it's not like you have anything else better to do.

Posted by KeroKato (Member # 230) on 05-02-2000, 06:39 PM:

So why use Rage if your attack power is already max? You must have some seriously problems with PP.

My belief has always been that Onix is one of the best people to use Rage. Most Rock Pokemon would do, but Cloyster would, too. If you say 'A Water or Grass Pokemon would kill the Rock Pokemon easily', that's true of any rager. No matter what, you lose the ability to switch, and the enemy gains an immediate advantage. They can switch out anyone to defeat your rager, so that's not much of a problem, since everyone is faced by it. My belief is, if your rager is super weak against something, he'll probably be dead before you fully DT.

------------------
"What's that blue thing doing here?" -They Might Be Giants

Visit Reality's End, my web site of Phantasy, the Nidafells' Dragon, Poliwhirl, and the R.E. League, the only Pokemon Battles without Boards.

Posted by The Mighty Gonk (Member # 330) on 05-03-2000, 06:38 AM:

*whaps himself* Duh

------------------
"They're idiots." ~Ruri

Posted by Givera (Member # 234) on 05-07-2000, 10:10 PM:

Try a Golem or Rhydon w/ rage They work VERY nicely against newbies who think normal attacks are the strongest in the game LOL "Quick attack is the best attack in the game - Not only does it always go first but it's also normal type! It's REALLY strong too!!!" LOL They're soooo fun to laugh at... but someday they'll grow up *SOB* and we won't be able to tease them any more... *SOB* oh well...
Back on topic, the best rager (IMO) is snorlax (Harden, Amnesia, Rest, Rage). Raise your defense and special to the max, rest when needed, then waste time until either they catch on and just keep switching types or you run out of PP - Then use Rage!
-Givera

------------------
"My staff is complaining about the rats in the kitchen; I want to hire a new staff" -Lunchlady Doris on how to spend the School's oil money
"If any punk-a** Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K on different species ability to breed
"Heh.....ditto is a G** D*** pimp in g/s....he gets all the a**.." -Argo on Ditto's ability to breed with anything/one
"My Mewtwo's slower than yours because he just had his way with that cute eevee over there, and now he's tired" -CFalcon making a pun on how sex (gender) affects stats

Posted by KeroKato (Member # 230) on 05-08-2000, 06:11 PM:

Ah! Never have I heard of newbies that incompetent. Not even I upon first playing the game ever conceived so ignorant a thought. What's wrong with those little kids? "Hey, this attack only took a pixel away from the enemy's life bar. It must be strong!"
That's not even fun to take advantage of. That's just sad.

------------------
Reality's End, do you have anything better to do? Oh, you do. Well then, er, still go!

Posted by The Great Dreamer (Member # 117) on 05-13-2000, 02:49 AM:

The only worthy use I have found for Rage is the Juggernaut moveset I discovered awhile ago...but unfortunately Haze will stop any juggernaut...I was so sad when it happened to me...so from no on I manipulate the battle to kill all Hazers, and I know it will become worse for juggernauts in with G&S...

------------------
"The Great Dreamer Has Written..."
-Luis The Bard, The Great Dreamer-

Posted by BiG GULP 44oz (Member # 281) on 05-14-2000, 11:45 AM:

a grass type with leech seed could be a good rager since he could recover some damage, but then we have that whole switching out thing.
I think onix is the best defensive pokemon.if he could learn thunderwave he would be as good as if not better than electrode in certain circumstances. mainly where physical attacks run rtampant.

------------------
where does a snorlax sit?

anywhere he wants

Posted by Tom Cosmo (Member # 417) on 05-15-2000, 02:54 AM:

Rage has no use on that Tentacruel.With max Attack,Wrap would prolly work better.SDing up beofre using Rage is pointless,since it's actually weaker than Wrap,and Wrap holds your opponents up.

------------------
Just some English Kid who hangs out at The Pokémasters.

Mewtwo-killing Jynx?I INVENTED The MEwtwo-killing Jynx.

Posted by Rolken (Member # 7) on 05-15-2000, 07:00 PM:

No one I know uses Haze...no competition...

------------------
There is nothing like the fragrance...of a Koffing.

Karpe Diem