This is topic Crazy Hooked-Up Baton Passing in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=005212

Posted by Attackofthedittos (Member # 2974) on 08-28-2002, 12:40 PM:

Mr.Mime
@Leftovers
Substitute
Barrier
Baton Pass
Psychic

Girafarig
@Leftovers
Amnesia
Baton Pass
Psychic
Crunch

Vaporeon
@Nevermeltice
Double Team
Baton Pass
Surf
Ice Beam

Umbreon
Mean Look
Baton pass
Bite
Shadow Ball

Smeargle
@Charcoal
Growth
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Flamethrower

Scizor
@Metal Coat/Sharp Beak/Leftovers
Agility
Baton pass
Metal Claw
Wing Attack

Posted by ThumbsOfSteel (Member # 1922) on 08-28-2002, 06:13 PM:

Mr Mime: I'm not so sure this is good. Set's fine, but it's pretty much unneeded. Makes a 3x bug weakness, meaning heracross will destroy this since he can take any psychic but mewtwo with 1 megahorn IIRC, and girafarig and mime won't do enough with psychic, especially since most of them have rest. Might want something like jolteon with agility and T-bolt over psychic and barrier.

Girafarig: Earthquake over crunch since you have no other ground move.

Vaporeon: Needs rest. I'd also put DT on umby and acid armor on vap if you use Jolt. Should have surf, rest, AA, BP.

Umbreon: I'd give him DT and vap AA as said before. Keep mean look and BP, add DT and moonlight over the other 2.

Smeargle: He DOES NOT ATTACK. Not without set damage moves, and he NEEDS spore. Put it over flamethrower.

Scizor: You've got everything you need passed, so go all out with return, steel wing, HP bug/HP rock, BP (just to keep the chain going)

Overall: These types of teams are always interesting, but yours will be difficult to pull off. Use what I said, switch in smeargle ONLY after trap and DT from umby, get a hit on roarers every time they roar you, and you should be ok. And give up on smeargles that use moves other that set damage/OHKOs. They don't work. I realize this one had growth for flamethrower, but stop trying to make it into a sweeper. It's a support poke, and there's no excuse for passing up a 100% accurate sleep move, especially on someone as fragile as smeargle. Good luck with this.

Posted by Attackofthedittos (Member # 2974) on 08-29-2002, 12:15 AM:

Updated

Girafarig
@Twisted Spoon
Amnesia
Agility
Baton Pass
Earthquake

New Hera strategy: BP off to one of two pokes: Flareon to resist bug or Espeon to resist Psychic

Espeon
@Twisted Spoon
Morning Sun
Baton Pass
Psychic
Psych Up

Spoon to be bigger hammer

Flareon
@Charcoal
Return
Flamethrower
Baton Pass
Sunny Day

Coal and Sunny Day to power Fthrower. Sday also to power Espy's and Umbry's healing moves

Vaporeon
@Mint Berry
Acid Armor
Rest
Baton Pass
Surf

BPs AA

Umbreon
@Leftovers
Mean Look
Double Team
Baton Pass