This is topic Sneaky Gits Mark 3 in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=005188

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 08-15-2002, 05:36 PM:

Prince m(Umbreon)
leftovers

toxic
confuse ray
mean look
rest

my starter and genral git of a poke.

Terror f(Gengar)
brightpowder

hpnotist
dream eater
mean look
thunderbolt

mess you upper two, also tank slayer. if sleep clause is in effect or i want to i use...

Storm (Zapdos)
brightpowder

Thunderbolt
thunderwave
lightscreen
drillpeck

needs more testing and traning since i train it from level 50 on my silver cart...

Extreme m(arcanine)
miracal berry (or other on cart)

flametrower
sunny day
extreme speed
safegard

anti-git poke

Gorkamorka (Nidoking)
scope lense*

earthquake
counter
ice beam
rock slide

or most of the time

Abadon (T-tar)
leftover

rockslide
earthquake
crunch
????

any ideas?

Drantan m(Dragonite)
leftovers

wing attack
surf
thunderwave
haze

my hazer and git 3.

Shamen (Slowbro)
leftovers

shadowball
ice beam
curse
amnessia

my last resort after all hazer have been slayed

Posted by Donald (Member # 1551) on 08-15-2002, 09:40 PM:

Prince m(Umbreon)
leftovers

toxic
confuse ray
mean look
rest

my starter and genral git of a poke.

If you're leading with this, you're crazy. Maybe make it a second after you send in Gengar (see below for a good set). If you want to lead with Umbreon, put Charm over Toxic and BP over Rest.

Terror f(Gengar)
brightpowder

hpnotist
dream eater
mean look
thunderbolt

mess you upper two, also tank slayer. if sleep clause is in effect or i want to i use...

Before we go to Zapdos, let me interject. Hypnosis + Dream Eater still sucks, even with Mean Look. Try a Startergar - Fire Punch (steels), Counter (non-STAB EQs), Confuse Ray, and Destiny Bond/Explosion.

Storm (Zapdos)
brightpowder

Thunderbolt
thunderwave
lightscreen
drillpeck

needs more testing and traning since i train it from level 50 on my silver cart...

Good enough. Maybe Whirlwind over Light Screen if you want some extra psuedo-haze.

Extreme m(arcanine)
miracal berry (or other on cart)

flametrower
sunny day
extreme speed
safegard

anti-git poke

wtf is a git? I'd put Return/Body Slam over ES, as the go-first-regardless ability doesn't make up for the fact that it's 80 power with 5/8 PP.

Gorkamorka (Nidoking)
scope lense*

earthquake
counter
ice beam
rock slide

Since I'm guessing Lovely Kiss is out of the question, Thunderbolt over Ice Beam.

or most of the time

Abadon (T-tar)
leftover

rockslide
earthquake
crunch
????

any ideas?

People have had success with Dynamicpunch, though I still prefer one of Fire Blast, Ice Beam, or T-Bolt. I'd take Nidoking to lessen your Fighting weakness.

Drantan m(Dragonite)
leftovers

wing attack
surf
thunderwave
haze

my hazer and git 3.

Good enough.

Shamen (Slowbro)
leftovers

shadowball
ice beam
curse
amnessia

my last resort after all hazer have been slayed

You're not going to pull off 9-turn setup with just Leftovers. I'm sorry, but it's true. If you can, I'd swap Shadow Ball for EQ, put Rest over Amnesia, and go with Slowking. If you must use Slowbro, try Counter, Amnesia, Rest, Surf *Leftovers/Prole Berry*.

Edit: Clarification.

[ 08-15-2002, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Donald ]

Posted by ThumbsOfSteel (Member # 1922) on 08-15-2002, 10:50 PM:

Umbreon: No. Try either body slam, screech, confuse ray, moonlight/rest, or what donald said, and I wouldn't lead with it either.

Gengar: Should probably drop for jynx with mean look, lovely kiss, dream eater, nightmare. If not, Psychic, destiny bond, counter, fire punch. Either way, lead with him.

Zapdos: Whirlwind would be good over light screen.

Arcanine: I'd drop sunny day for curse and maybe safeguard for rest with mint berry, or drop for moltres with sunny day, fire blast, HP grass, rest/sub.

Take T-tar: Earthquake, AP/rock slide, pursuit, screech/fire blast.

I wouldn't use either. Try a machamp, snorlax, or other strong sweeper, or take Donald's suggestion with slowking.

Overall: I don't really like this team. Missing a real tank (slowbro doesn't count since I almost guarantee it will die during setup.), and machamp will give this team a lot of trouble.

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 08-16-2002, 07:13 PM:

why not lead with prince? and why not toxic trapping?

sleepgar works for me, a bit unreliby at times but work well most of the time. storms is for relibilty when I need it.

git means poke that uses nasty status combos and have you ever seen a pokemon use all its pp on a move when its a sweeper?

ice beams for dragys on Gorkamorka and why do i need thunderbolt? water beats him anyway. (i leant this in yellow)

one problem with Abbadon i only own silver and not crystal (getting ice beam on shaman included trading favors)

Shaman may be turned into slowking for defence.
and you either curse or ammesia not both until you reganarate more than incoming damage. (i bring him after one of pokes as been ko to get a head start.)

Karpe Diem