This is topic The master git (my Mewtwo) in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=005068

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 06-23-2002, 03:45 PM:

Truemius (Mewtwo)
leftovers

Psychic
Doubleteam
Irontail
Recover

my best pokemon, designed to take on anything but Houndoom. including T-tars, Lugia and other Mewtwo's. so what do you think?

Posted by SpunkDawg4-Life (Member # 2903) on 06-24-2002, 12:38 AM:

purdy sweet. just like mine exept for irontail. i give it 8.5 outta 10. irontail could be replaced with somthing better i just don't know whut. and get rid of recover for rest trust me on this one cuz thunderwavers can be a pain in the ass.

Posted by JoltWak (Member # 2747) on 06-24-2002, 09:35 AM:

Drop Iron Tail for Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Submission/Dynamicpunch.

Posted by SpunkDawg4-Life (Member # 2903) on 06-24-2002, 10:53 AM:

yeah submission would be the best out of those for those hard-to-kill blissy's and snorlax's

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 06-24-2002, 03:35 PM:

but what of Lugia and Dragonite? hum? and i have tried dymo before. and somtimes during set up i need to heal.

Posted by JoltWak (Member # 2747) on 06-24-2002, 03:42 PM:

Use other pokemon.

Posted by [Articuno] (Member # 2454) on 06-24-2002, 04:00 PM:

Drop Iron Tail and Double Team to make room for Dynamic Punch and either Ice Beam/Thunderbolt.

Trust me, it works better this way. Double Team is cheap.

Posted by SDShamshel (Member # 791) on 06-24-2002, 05:22 PM:

Steel moves should almost never be used to counter a weakness, especially not one as lame as Iron Tail. 100 damage, poor accuracy, bad effect?

It belongs on the few Pokemon that could possibly make some use out of it.

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 06-25-2002, 04:33 PM:

true the accrucy of iron tail is bad but it strong against rock and flying (which Mewtwo needs) and can destroyle defence (which is handy against most pokemon, ecpeserly thing like Snorlax) and after 5 double teams he is [Cool] very [Cool] hard to hit.

by the way i only use this guy with my oppoment consent and not every battle.

Posted by SDShamshel (Member # 791) on 06-25-2002, 06:20 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Draco the spirit dragon:
true the accrucy of iron tail is bad but it strong against rock and flying (which Mewtwo needs) and can destroyle defence (which is handy against most pokemon, ecpeserly thing like Snorlax) and after 5 double teams he is [Cool] very [Cool] hard to hit.

by the way i only use this guy with my oppoment consent and not every battle.

You know what you do to a flying type with Mewtwo?

PSYCHIC!

You know what you do to a rock type with Mewtwo?

PSYCHIC!

Psychic's more than adequate for mauling an Aerodactyl. Remember Mewtwo's highest special attack in the game?

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 06-26-2002, 02:46 PM:

ever tried to psy a dark or anothr psy?

Posted by Pinsir_sama (Member # 2699) on 06-26-2002, 03:12 PM:

you ever try to actually play the game as a strategy game and not just be a stupid newbie?
just wondering.

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 06-26-2002, 06:21 PM:

i have been playing pokemon since yellow, so I don't think I'm a newbie. I like pokemon becuse it is strategy.

anyway my Truemius strategy is this.
When people see Mewtwo they send things like T-tar out(a Dark/rock type) which psychic would not work on, so i smash it up with irontail (following me?) another comman oppoment is Lugia (a psychic/flying type) which again psychic is not very affectith against, so I iron tail that too. Also irontail brakes down defence, handy against pokemon that can heal. and double team is a very good defencive move that has saved my Mewtwo again and again. newbie am I? think before you write. also may I add I only use my Mewtwo when other use the same callaber pokemon.

[ 06-26-2002, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Draco the spirit dragon ]

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 06-26-2002, 08:02 PM:

Well, you still have the problem of curse. And mind you that many teams have a curser and many of these cursers also have high Special Defense.

So while you DT away, they curse, and it takes one ludky hit to OHKO mewtwo and the rest of your team.

So indeed, good ol' Umbreon will pwn you.

Posted by Pinsir_sama (Member # 2699) on 06-26-2002, 09:24 PM:

ANYONE WHO USES MEWTWO IS A NEWBIE... PERIOD.
BATTLE MEH ON GSBOT ANUS.

Posted by jshadias (Member # 2710) on 06-26-2002, 09:36 PM:

n00bs are more people new to a forum (or just idiots on it) than people new to the games.

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 06-27-2002, 01:33 PM:

interesting point Cesar, i'm just glad curses haven't caght on were i live yet. Pisir ever been in an Mewtwo verse Mewtwo battle? now there fun! throught using Mewtwo in an normal battle is cheeting. another point, putting things in caps make you seem imature. i would like to battle you in an battle (you chose the rules) just give me a link to a site and a time (based on GMT please)

Posted by Turbo X (Member # 1808) on 06-28-2002, 01:20 AM:

OK Draco, listen. Irontail won't be as useful as other attacks that run off M2's huge Special. If you are that concerned about Rocks, Darks, and Flying, you're best choice is either Ice Beam or T-Bolt. Both will end up close to as powerful as Irontail, plus they have much better accuracy.

Also, remember that M2 is almost useless if it gets paralyzed. Any semi-fast poke that has good Def/Spc Def with a strong Attack-based move will end up killing M2. Why? If something like Starmie paralyzes you, they might switch out to something like Eggy...wait, bad example, Eggy would end up having to recharge itself because of the recoil from D-Edge. Hmmm...ok, try this (I hope I'm right on this, someone correct me if I'm wrong) M2 vs Jolteon. Jolt paralyzes M2, Agility once, a few T-Bolts if it has the staying power (and it probably won't, but then again, since M2 is paralyzed, Jolt IS faster). Then BP out to Snorlax. Either Body Slam or D-Edge a few times, use Minty Rest, and keep pounding away. M2 won't have the time to Double Team if you want it to stay alive. You'll need to keep Recovering, and even then, I'm not sure how long M2 can keep that up. If an Agility + once-Cursed Snorlax is faster, then you're really dead. If not, there's still a good chance that Lax is packing Self Destruct.

Now, what did all that have to do with Irontail? Good question....cause I'm not really sure :-P All I know that if you need one attack to finish that T-Tar or Lugia off before you get knocked out yourself, you'd want to go with the most accurate powerful attack that you have access to, and Irontail isn't that attack, you'd be better off with Ice Beam or T-Bolt, especially with the chance to freeze or paralyze. Listen, if you said that most people in your area haven't caught on to Curse yet, chances are they won't know much about strategy. Just go out their and kick butt with what's tried and true, then once they know what's coming, switch it up and experiment.

Posted by PokéProGamer (Member # 2735) on 07-06-2002, 01:24 PM:

PINSIR SAMA don't know how long you play the game and i don't care, everybody is free to use the pokémon they want to use, i've played it since the beginning when other people were laughing at pika pika, i know what this game is, and just because i use a mewtwo i'm a newbie? haha i think that's pretty pathetic, i still use a mewtwo sometimes, when i feel like using it, i rather don't because i don't like using legendary's but if i want to, i'll do so, and i don't wanna hear you say i'm new to the game, i've probably played it more and longer as you. [Mad]

Posted by o_O (Member # 1916) on 07-07-2002, 10:11 AM:

PokeProGamer, Pinsir_sama is allowed to think what he wants.. And for the record Mewtwo IS cheap and a lot of people DO consider you a n00b for using him because he can take out whole teams with little effort and time.. The only good way to counter a Mewtwo is by using a Curselax and even then it's going to be pretty hard to take out a Mewtwo unless you get extremely lucky. You know, I fought a guy that used 2 Mewtwos and if I didn't have my Curselax on my team, he would've killed me so bad and beaten me so easily because Curselax was proably my best pokemon... In my opinion people can use teams of 6 Mewtwos for all I care, but just remember that not everyone expects people to use legendaries on there teams or at least not the ones like Mewtwo, Ho-oh and Lugia. Sometimes you can predict if a person is going to use them, but most of the time it's completely unexpected and that's the main reason why people hate battling them because it's so unexpected to battle them.

[ 07-07-2002, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: o_O ]

Posted by Hawk557 (Member # 2758) on 07-07-2002, 10:23 AM:

*laughs at Pinsir-Sama*

Face is right, in many circles, Mewtwo is considered cheap. Why?

1) Phenominal stats
2) Good move selection
3) The ability to do like everything a team could need.

But in some circles, Mewtwo is considered OK. Not so much anymore in today's metagame and rules, but if you want a place where M2 isn't cheap, Azure is not the place you're looking for. Some other boards are far more tolerant of newer trainers, and Mewtwos.

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 07-07-2002, 11:45 AM:

Mewtwo is cheep in most battles BUT makes an excerly pokemon for unuslae games
example you have an tornamint and its one on one
or Mewtwo counts as team or fight a lengerdary team to prove how good you are (i tried my normal team against a legdery team on stadium didn't win but it was fun) or a no limits battle. are all examples of Mewtwo useage to make it fair or you wish to make it hard

Posted by Chrisodeo (Member # 2855) on 07-07-2002, 08:17 PM:

Mewtwo does learn Submission, you know. Doesn't do much unless its a dark type, but that's what Psychic's for. The problem is this: Mirror Coat. An Atmacune could easily Curse, Rest, and Mirror Coat, fainting said kitty. Or an Exploder. For instance, Golem's EQ, then Explosion.

Posted by Artie Cuno (Member # 1205) on 07-08-2002, 12:16 PM:

Please, just go with their suggestions. It's painful enough to see someone using a Mewtwo, but when said Mewtwo-player doesn't know what the hell they're doing... Oh, and by the way, most of these people (myself included) have played this game since the first days of Red and Blue. You are a n00b, you just have to admit it, suck it up and accept their help. It isn't that hard, you know. Just say those two little words... "I suck." Because you know you do. And things get easier after that.

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 07-08-2002, 01:40 PM:

i've being playing quite while and you have completly missed the point of my argument. i know i'm not elite yet but i'm not newbie or crap!

Posted by MK (Member # 1445) on 07-08-2002, 05:16 PM:

Truemius (Mewtwo)
leftovers

Psychic
Doubleteam
Irontail
Recover

I haven't read all of the replies, but, here's my two cents...

Recover is ok. Mewtwo DOES have a nice amount of HP, especially when tied in with Double Team to keep him alive longer. Psychic CAN stay, but, in my opinion, Iron Tail has GOT to go. Even on a STEEL Pokémon I would NEVER use a a Steel attack. If you're afraid of rock and ground Pokémon just teach Mewtwo ICEBEAM, that way it will STILL kick the ass of most Ice/Rock, plus, it will kick the ass of most Flying Types...

IceBeam + Mewtwo's Special = pwnage

So, ditch Iron Tail. I think that all Steel moves are horrible, and I battle using a SCIZOR...

Now, stick with Psychic if you want, but, be weary of who you're battling, sure you'll get STAB, but, in todays world, with all the dark and steel n00bs, a Psychic blast might not be so effective. But, the ice beam would still put a dent in them, and, along with recover and double team, icebeams alone could help take down those annoying darks even...

So Psychic/IceBeam/DoubleTeam/Recover can work I believe. Leftovers isn't a bad idea too. My only other suggestion might be to go with BrightPowder, but, I think Leftovers is better.

Go get em

Posted by Dmaster (Member # 1653) on 07-11-2002, 06:10 AM:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MK:

So, ditch Iron Tail. I think that all Steel moves are horrible, and I battle using a SCIZOR...

[Eek!] . I know ehere talking about mewtwo here but I have to comment on this.

Steel_wing is a good steel move. And most people us it on scizor, expecially skarmory as even with curse rock pokemon will eat that attack.

Posted by Tubbers (Member # 2945) on 07-12-2002, 07:23 PM:

I use Scizor and I dont use Steel Wing! ROCK HP ALL THE WAY!

And as for M2 DROP Iron Tail, I dont care if it breaks down defense, I dont care if you've won a MILLION battles DROP IT FOR SUBMISSION with submission you can 2HKO a t-tar!!!! a t-tar!!!! keep Double Team if you want but you might wanna drop it for a good-ol Flamethrower Ice Beam or Thunderbolt, any of which are good on Lugia or Skarmory. I'm with MK here ALL STEEL MOVE's SUXXOR (except MAYBE steel wing on Skarmory) just don't use them. Submission is good on everything Iron tail is but better accuracy and it can 2HKO a freaking t-tar, which by looking at your post was your worst enemy.

MK whats your Scizor got? mine has
~rest
~Swords Dance
~Baton Pass
~HP rock
@Leftovers.
with HP rock I can 1HKO Ho-oH if I SD and I usually pass him Amnesia and Substitute so he can survive a sacred fire. When he gets sub he can survive 3 sacred fires.

Edit: due to face pointing out that Baton Pass and Substitute is illegal on Scizor I changed Substitute w/leftovers to mintyrest

[ 07-13-2002, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Tubbers ]

Posted by jshadias (Member # 2710) on 07-13-2002, 12:23 AM:

Interesting set, Tubbers. A n00b who's mostly only a n00b in newishness to the forums. Finally.

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 07-13-2002, 06:55 AM:

i would love to have submition but my other regerler oppoment is other mewtwos...

Posted by ThumbsOfSteel (Member # 1922) on 07-13-2002, 08:15 AM:

quote:
i would love to have submition but my other regerler oppoment is other mewtwos...
Then they have the same problem as you, except that YOU ARE USING FREAKING DOUBLE TEAM, so unless they're smart enough to use ice beam or T-bolt on him and you're not, it shouldn't be a problem. Put submission over iron tail like everyone said and then add T-bolt over double team. Also, if you battle mostly mewtwos, GET A FREAKING DARK TYPE. or just a blissey.

Posted by Tubbers (Member # 2945) on 07-13-2002, 03:02 PM:

w00t someone doesn't think I'm a n00b at movesets! Score one for the Snorlax!

Posted by o_O (Member # 1916) on 07-13-2002, 03:54 PM:

It's interesting to note that the Scizor set is ILLEGAL.

Posted by Tubbers (Member # 2945) on 07-13-2002, 04:03 PM:

maybe thats why the people got mad at me on net battle.......hehe?

Edit: i'll replace Sub with mintyrest

[ 07-13-2002, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Tubbers ]

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 07-14-2002, 08:55 AM:

you really underestimate doubleteam after 5 double teams your nigh impossible to hit, anyway Mewtwos use recover and leftover alot which can make battles go on a VERY long time! iron breaks that patten and allows you to win. plus iron work on prety much everything that psychic don't. i.e. t-tar, blissy(seen it's special defence and hp) Snorlax with amnessia, Lugia and Umberon. which are prety dam coomon in solo.

Posted by jshadias (Member # 2710) on 07-14-2002, 09:13 AM:

There are many better alternatives, though I don't know why you are even using Mewtwo. It automatically marks you as a n00b, though I can still OHKO you using this nice little Golem set *laughs maniacally* Of course, it requires setup and a good amount of luck just to sacrifice your own Pokemon, which makes Mewtwo even cheaper. Against anything else and I would have attempted to take it down with quake or slide instead of destroying my setup. And after 6 double teams, you still *only* lower their accuracy to 1/3. That is not "near impossible". A DTing Mewtwo is still by far cheap enough for me to immediately stop the battle and flame them all the way to hell and back, however. That damn Recover... And for anyone who cares, I remember taking about another Mewtwo and winning the battle. It went as follows: the opponent was pretty stupid and I just kept using Blissey and Toxicing his pokes (I told him about switching out later), though eventually I was forced to switch or something like that, or I might have just destroyed his whole team like that. Anyways, I came up against Mewtwo (he was nice enough to use him only as a last resort, I respect people who choose not to use him right away, and thus give the opponent more of a chance. We've all had experiences where we eventually kill M2 but the rest of their team destroys the tattered remains). I had 4 Pokemon left, Blissey, Charizard, I *think* Weezing, and Farfetch'd. I Toxic him, he destroys me pretty quickly for some reasong (probably PAR). He proceeds to destroy Weezing in one hit. He than takes Charizard in two. I switch in my last poke, Farfetch'd, He takes a something or other, and Mewtwo (finally), faints. So that is how I took out an M2 using 4 Pokemon on my team and Toxic. Sad, isn't it? I really out to consider that Houndoom. I may actually post a RMT instead or something.

Posted by sporkcore (Member # 2775) on 07-14-2002, 12:50 PM:

I hope you guys also didn't forget about the other lovely mewtwo counter, tentacruel! with it's special defense and the fact that it can learn mirror coat, it's very unexpected. i've seen them take a mewtwo psychic and mirror coat it back.

Posted by Tubbers (Member # 2945) on 07-15-2002, 12:16 AM:

OK, Psychic SE on: fighting, poison
Steel SE on: Rock, Ice

Posted by Tyranitar 101 (Member # 2124) on 07-15-2002, 07:07 AM:

The other reason to avoid M2 is that even with submission it has a hard time with T-tar, its 288 special def means ice beam or thunderbolt take time to bring it down and so does submission.

who wants to risk their M2 against a single non-legendary non-curser? nobody and every time you bring it in, if the opponent has T-tar they'll just switch it in and it'll kick the crap out of you unless you switch. Admittedly you probably will bring it down, but it'll leave M2 so beat up its easy pickings for a fast attacker like Jolteon.

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 07-15-2002, 02:22 PM:

hense the double team.

Posted by Bahamut-Zero (Member # 814) on 07-18-2002, 01:59 PM:

jeez you guys....relax with the newbie shit. Not everyone is a GENIUS like you.....

[Roll Eyes]

Posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk (Member # 14) on 07-24-2002, 11:39 PM:

Alright, I think my hiatus is over as it's obvious that there's too few of usto stop this board from turning to shit.

Personally, I'd give Mewtwo Solarbeam, Fire Blast (not sure if he can accept Flamethrower in Crystal), Sunny Day and Recover. Back his ass up with a couple of other Pokemon that can take advantage of Sunny Day and you should be able to put up.

If you must have a physical attack I'd go with Submission, Psychic, Recover and either DT or Curse, probably the latter. Leave the other psykers for the rest of your team, though Mewtwo could probably kill them with Submission after a few good Curses.

Posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk (Member # 14) on 07-24-2002, 11:40 PM:

Oh, and while I'm here, I find it hilarious that people still bitch about Mewtwo when he's not half as strong as Snorlax, let alone the fact that bans placed on him are accepted almost everywhere.

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 07-25-2002, 01:14 PM:

The thing about Mewtwo if you are using him it's normaly all by his self. double team for servivabilty (really helps against t-tar) and iron tail becuse it uses his attack (handy against blissy) knocks down defence (other Mewtwos with recover) and type (submision does not work on other Mewtwo's!) see how i use him and why he has his moves?

Posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk (Member # 14) on 07-25-2002, 09:27 PM:

The thing about Mewtwo if you are using him it's normaly all by his self.

Err, no.

double team for servivabilty (really helps against t-tar)

I'm the biggest advocate of DT anywhere but Mewtwo can easily take care of Tyranitar with a nice hard Solarbeam, or better yet, Submission.

and iron tail becuse it uses his attack (handy against blissy)

*hork* submission *ick*

He has Recover to deal with the recoil.

knocks down defence (other Mewtwos with recover)

Iron Tail's too crap a move to warrant use on pretty much anything.

and type (submision does not work on other Mewtwo's!) see how i use him and why he has his moves?

There are better ways to get rid of Mewtwo rather than wasting your own.

Posted by Uiru (Member # 437) on 07-26-2002, 01:16 AM:

Over a full page of posts has been wasted trying to argue the merits (or lack thereof) of Iron Tail, on Mewtwo of all things. WTF.
~Uiru

Posted by Pinsir_sama (Member # 2699) on 07-26-2002, 04:26 PM:

mewtwo=newblar
if ur gonna use a mewtwo, use it right.
iron moves sux, even on teh skarm. finally, defeating other mewtwo's is easy. just us a amensia/shadowball mewtwo.
close topic.

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 07-26-2002, 07:00 PM:

i once killed a shadow balling mewtwo. and by the way sevral dead Mewtwos and Lugias do rather make me certan of iron tails power (even ammnesia not going to save you against it). the reason i use him solo? to acturly make it fair on my oppoment!
oh and one more point. Mewtwo has 4 move slots you want recover and pcychic for certan. double team really hightens your Mewtwos serviablerty and iron tail works well against pokemon regerly seen in solo.

Mewtwo in my option is under used due to its high power but i belive there things you can do to make his use balanced.you seen Uriu point system for example?

[ 07-26-2002, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Draco the spirit dragon ]

Posted by Uiru (Member # 437) on 07-26-2002, 09:47 PM:

*strikes you dead* Why can't people read? Or spell? Or both?

And I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price. [Razz]
~Uiru

Posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk (Member # 14) on 07-26-2002, 10:25 PM:

This thread is a prime example of what happens to this board when I take a break from training for a year.

Posted by ThumbsOfSteel (Member # 1922) on 07-26-2002, 10:39 PM:

So for all of our sake, don't if you can help it [Wink]

Posted by Jolteon X (Member # 284) on 07-27-2002, 11:13 AM:

CG, you make OMLH sexy again.

Posted by jshadias (Member # 2710) on 07-27-2002, 08:04 PM:

quote:
i once killed a shadow balling mewtwo. and by the way sevral dead Mewtwos and Lugias blah blah blah

My team with no legendaries or Curselax whatsoever can take out Mewtwo and Lugia on a regular basis. Now get NetBattle so that I may demonstrate. NOW. The only concern I have is that Iron Tail has a slim chance of killing Eggy, but Spowder and Iron Tail have the same acc. And when Eggy falls, there's always Houndoom. [Wink] And someday, I WILL pwn someone with Flailfetch'd. Someday.

[ 07-27-2002, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: jshadias ]

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 07-29-2002, 01:39 PM:

still downloding all the bits to make it work. Houndoom and Slowbro really scare my Mewtwo and my best hope is normally double team. and eggy i don't know but even if you get him asleep how do kill him befor he wakes up?

Posted by jshadias (Member # 2710) on 07-29-2002, 05:46 PM:

quote:
still downloding all the bits to make it work. Houndoom and Slowbro really scare my Mewtwo and my best hope is normally double team. and eggy i don't know but even if you get him asleep how do kill him befor he wakes up?

If I told you that... Wait and see, wait and see. Go to masamune.zapto.org around 8 PM central and I might be there then.

Posted by jshadias (Member # 2710) on 07-29-2002, 08:51 PM:

If you're still around Draco... You have 10 minutes until you get your ass kicked. If your still around, that is [Frown]

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 07-30-2002, 03:02 PM:

i proberly have it all by thursday 8pm GMT see you then.

Posted by jshadias (Member # 2710) on 07-30-2002, 03:14 PM:

quote:
i proberly have it all by thursday 8pm GMT see you then.

I don't even know what time GMT is, and I doubt I'll be around 8 GMT. That's probably around 3 PM.

Posted by The Muffin King (Member # 2240) on 07-30-2002, 10:13 PM:

You "know" how to hack Roms, but you don't even know what GMT is? Pff.

[ 07-30-2002, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: The Muffin King ]

Posted by jshadias (Member # 2710) on 07-31-2002, 10:03 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by The Muffin King:
You "know" how to hack Roms, but you don't even know what GMT is? Pff.

I don't know because I don't care.

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 07-31-2002, 06:02 PM:

it stand for greenwitch mean time, maby we should try the weekened so we can both be on the web at the same time, and someone find a geography bck with all the time zones so we can do the maths

Posted by jshadias (Member # 2710) on 08-01-2002, 07:43 PM:

quote:
it stand for greenwitch mean time, maby we should try the weekened so we can both be on the web at the same time, and someone find a geography bck with all the time zones so we can do the maths

The time I'm usually on is 8 PM Central, to 9 or 10, any day of the week. Otherwise, I may not be on and likely won't be on NetBattle.

Posted by Mr.E (Member # 696) on 08-02-2002, 09:48 AM:

In response to CG, I dare say that, in the hands of an experienced player, Mewtwo will be a hell of a lot more dangerous to deal with than any Snorlax.

Posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk (Member # 14) on 08-02-2002, 11:16 AM:

If Mewtwo was allowed back in and Snorlax was taken out, special-based Pokes would make a bit of a comeback, weather moves would be popular again, and everything would be like it was back before GSC was released in English.

(EDIT) Admittedly, every team would contain at least one of Mewtwo, Lugia and Ho-Oh, but that's not the point (even if it does allow for more variety than almost every team having a Snorlax). IMHO, if you let one in, you should let them all in. Snorlax fits almost every pre-defined category of "cheap", he's unique, he's got massive stats (save for his SA, but let's face it, other than giving him Fire Blast, who cares?), he unbalances the game..in fact the only thing I can think of that separates him from the Legendaries is that you can breed them. (/EDIT)

Hell, Snorlax has made people take Skarmory..not because it's a stand up fighter, not because it's a tank, but because it's the one thing that can stand up to a Curselax and win. Curse on Snorlax has influenced the game almost to the point where entire teams are built for the purpose of killing it, so I see no reason why it shouldn't be banned if people are still going to cry foul every time someone asks them if they can take a legit-stat Mew (lol).

Oh, and "in the hands of an experienced player", a Pidgeot could fuck over a half-decent team..oh, wait..

CatGonk: what do you have DT on?
Aoryuu: Pidgeot
Aoryuu: of all the pokemon who should LEAST worry you, PIDGEOT, damnit.
CatGonk: and he's complaining.
CatGonk: hahahah

Aoryuu: Fuck that, I have a 100% win/loss record today thanks to Pidgeot.

Aoryuu: One day someone's gunna produce an electabuzz and I'll be fucked up the arse with a stick
Aoryuu: but GODDAMN is it funny right now. ;p
Aoryuu: and the thing is, the only thing I see that gives me trouble is Rhydon.
Aoryuu: Guess what?
Aoryuu: RHYDON HAS TO DEAL WITH JUMPLUFF FIRST! XD

[ 08-02-2002, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk ]

Posted by Mr.E (Member # 696) on 08-03-2002, 03:54 AM:

Pidgeot will not do crap against fellow "experienced player" if they know what the hell they're doing. Maybe extreme DT luck, but that could be said for the other 240-some TM-learning Pokémon out there.

I would find it quite amusing for ANY Pidgeot to give trouble against any half-assed player. If I ever have to fight anyone and they fucking take out half my team with a Pidgeot or something similar to that, I will personally WALK to their house and bake them a batch of whatever the hell cookies they want. Whereas Mewtwo/Snorlax/[insert 00ber here] or whatever is going to cause trouble against the best guy in the world.

At least Mewtwo gets something in one respect over Snorlax, whether you're a bigger supporter of either being cheaper. At best, you only need to find out whether Snorlax has 1) Curse or no? 2) If so, Fire Bast or no?

Mewtwo has about 50 million viable things it can use. RD/Thunder/Bubblebeam, SD/SB/Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Tbolt, Sub, Safeguard, T-Wave, Submission, Selfdestruct, Mimic, Shadow Ball, Barrier, Amnesia, Counter, Curse, DT + obvious Psychic/Recover....

Snowlax is basically: Curse, Rest, Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Fire Blast, MAYBE Thunder, Selfdestruct, Counter + Body Slam/Double-Edge/Return or Frustration. Maybe Fissure or DT if you want to be an asshole.

Of course, it could be a non-Curselax and open up a FEW more options, but a non-Curselax is just plain crap in effectiveness when compared to its Cursing brethren.

But who knows? I'm doubting either of us has actually faced a good player using a Mewtwo in almost ever. [Razz] Besides, I haven't battled more than one or twice in a few months, so I'm rusty on Curselax fighting experience.

Posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk (Member # 14) on 08-03-2002, 05:07 AM:

I would find it quite amusing for ANY Pidgeot to give trouble against any half-assed player. If I ever have to fight anyone and they fucking take out half my team with a Pidgeot or something similar to that, I will personally WALK to their house and bake them a batch of whatever the hell cookies they want.

*emails this page to Talen*

Seriously, you have no idea how much Dynamis fucked people over. Talen beat Rain Dance for crying out loud..I'm suprised you didn't fight him (as he was battling practically everyone back during The Pidgeot Era).

Whereas Mewtwo/Snorlax/[insert 00ber here] or whatever is going to cause trouble against the best guy in the world.

Ah, now I'm getting somewhere.

At least Mewtwo gets something in one respect over Snorlax, whether you're a bigger supporter of either being cheaper. At best, you only need to find out whether Snorlax has 1) Curse or no? 2) If so, Fire Bast or no?

Implying that you have the right counters for it, yes. However, that's like saying that because RBY Mewtwo only had two move slots open, countering it must be easy as it can't deal with everything, can it?

I agree with you when you say that GSC Mewtwo is unpredictable, but honestly, how long is it going to take you to find out the moveset if you throw another Mewtwo or a Lugia at it? All Mewtwo have Recover, and some moves imply others.

Regardless, the fact of the matter is, it fits all defineable criteria of an uber-legendary, and as such should be banned. Simple as that.

Of course, it could be a non-Curselax and open up a FEW more options, but a non-Curselax is just plain crap in effectiveness when compared to its Cursing brethren.

Unless, of course, the team said non-Curselax on was based around killing a Curselax, in which case the kill count's almost as high.

But who knows? I'm doubting either of us has actually faced a good player using a Mewtwo in almost ever. [Razz]

I maintained a Mewtwo team through RBY, but it only got the odd game on PBS.

Besides, I haven't battled more than one or twice in a few months, so I'm rusty on Curselax fighting experience.

lol, I haven't battled in ages..

Posted by cmsnrub25 (Member # 1551) on 08-03-2002, 12:01 PM:

Gonk, when you're in the chat sometime, ask if you can fight someone under FBMT rules. They allow for the use of 1 00ber (including 'Lax).

Oh, and healing moves are banned on HBers, OHKO whores, and said 00bers.

Posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk (Member # 14) on 08-05-2002, 03:10 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by cmsnrub25:
Gonk, when you're in the chat sometime, ask if you can fight someone under FBMT rules. They allow for the use of 1 00ber (including 'Lax).

Oh, and healing moves are banned on HBers, OHKO whores, and said 00bers.

Now that sounds good. What are the exact rules?

Posted by cmsnrub25 (Member # 1551) on 08-05-2002, 10:28 AM:

From the FBMT page:

~Illegal movesets are, of course, banned. This includes all moves currently unobtainable in a
US Pokemon game as well as illegal combinations (such as a HealBell/SeismicToss Blissey). If in doubt, ask for help!

~Extended Super-Legendary Clause is in effect. That means you may only use one of these pokemon on your team: Mewtwo, Mew, Houou, Lugia, Celebi, and Snorlax.

~Species clause is in effect -- in other words, you must use six different pokemon.

~Sleep clause is in effect -- if you break sleep clause, it counts as a forfeit. CLARIFICATION: Sleep clause means that you may not use a Sleep move (Spore, Lovely Kiss, etc.) while your opponent has a sleeping pokemon. Rest is always usable, even if you have another sleeping pokemon, and Resting pokemon do not count towards Sleep Clause.

~Evade clause is in effect -- you may have only one pokemon with DoubleTeam or Minimize. This is to prevent battles from lasting too long. Violation is a forfeit.

~OHKO clause is in effect -- you may have only one OHKO move (Fissure, Horn Drill, or Guillotine) on your team. However, getting an OHKO with Metronome, Mimic, etc. is allowed.

~Rest, Recover, Softboiled, Milk Drink, Morning Sun, Synthesis, and Moonlight are BANNED on all Superlegendaries (including Snorlax), Heal Bellers, and OHKOers. This is to prevent people form using them to draw out matches.

~HP Clause is in effect -- Hidden Power is not allowed on pokemon that cannot be bred (Zapdos, Earthquaking Gligar, etc.). But HP on pokemon that can breed only with Ditto (like Voltorb) is fine.

~Present is banned due to it being glitched. Sure, some people say that Nintendo intended for a level 5 Chansey to OHKO a level 100 Umbreon, but...

~You may not use Selfdestruct, Explosion, Perish Song, or Destiny Bond on your last pokemon. If you do, you lose.

~All banned moves (such as Spore while your opponent already has a sleping pokemon) are usable if you do not have any PP for any non banned moves. For example, a Parasect who is out of PP for everything except Spore may use Spore, even if it breaks sleep clause. In addition, it is LEGAL to use a "banned" move (such as Spore when it would break sleep clause) if it was caused by Metronome, Mirror Move, or Encore, and it's legal to use a banned moveset if it was a legal moveset where you mimiced an illegal move (for example, Mewtwo Mimicking Recover)

~All pokemon must have four moves on them unless they don't learn that many (Metapod, Unown, etc.)

---

Wow. That's a lot.

Posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk (Member # 14) on 08-06-2002, 08:45 AM:

Hmm, I think I could learn to live with that. Ho-Oh looks like being my Moltres replacer, it all depends if I can live without that extra grunt of Moltres' SA. Lugia can't tank so he's out..Celebi might be out (I'll run some tests with Leech Seed over Recover and see how they go)..Mewtwo's always an option now that I don't have Snorlax to worry about anymore..

Posted by SDShamshel (Member # 791) on 08-06-2002, 05:13 PM:

I once swept 5 Pokemon with a Pidgeot, and it was against an experienced player.

I agility'd whilst my opponent Swaggered, but I had a Miracleberry attached.

Double-Edge and Wing Attack took care of the rest.

Posted by Mr.E (Member # 696) on 08-07-2002, 03:39 AM:

I see he added in Encore after I asked him if it was legal to break Sleep Clause if the opponent Encored a missed/Berried sleep move and switched out.

Anyway, it made me mad that GeeKay was being an ass the day I asked him and wouldn't let me on SSM's team. [Mad]

Posted by jshadias (Member # 2710) on 08-08-2002, 07:08 PM:

So... did you get NetBattle yet, Draco? And Gonk, could you liek pm me a log of you and Talen if you have one?

Posted by ThumbsOfSteel (Member # 1922) on 08-08-2002, 10:46 PM:

Celebi and Ho-oh can get around heal ban to some extent using giga drain + leftovers (and leech seed too for celebi), it just depends if you're willing to lose an attack for it (on celebi anyway, since on ho-oh you can put it over recover). At least they didn't completely ruin snorlax with heal ban. Weakened him, sure, but there's still starterlax and selfdestruct curselax. I've never had a match under FBMT rules though, so I'm just speculating.

[ 08-08-2002, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: ThumbsOfSteel ]

Posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk (Member # 14) on 08-09-2002, 01:31 AM:

jshadias, I doubt I'd be able to get NetBattle working from this box. I've got a screwy connection.

Here's some of a convo me and Talen had yesterday.

CAT g ON k: did you go to the thread in AH that I sent you?
Aoryuu: Yeah.
Aoryuu: God, that was fucking hilarious.
Aoryuu: And the funny thing is, Pilladgeot WORKS on things like Curselax.
Aoryuu: How'd that thread go?
Aoryuu: I took down Rain Dance, Lavos Phoenix, a guy using your own goddamn team, and a team featuring Lugia, Ho-Oh and Mew, using Pilladgeot.
Aoryuu: <snicker>
CAT g ON k: #1. some noob posted his mewtwo set
CAT g ON k: #2. everyone: "lol"
CAT g ON k: heh
CAT g ON k: #3. i was like "lol, snorlax is as strong as mewtwo is"
CAT g ON k: #4. mr E was like "no, an experienced player can make him better"
Aoryuu: <laugh>
CAT g ON k: #5. i was like "stfu prole an experienced player can make pidgeot better, oh, wait a sec.."

Aoryuu: I'm not going to brag about my ability - I'll admit full well that I kicked a lot of newbie ass.
Aoryuu: But the evidence is there. It happened.

Aoryuu: Anyway, look, the summary of Pilladgeot is thus.
Aoryuu: I can't say I'm a good player. That's not my call. I'm not good enough to be objective.
Aoryuu: I also can't lay claim to shitloads of experience - my Gsbot time is less than others, though, I racked up about twelve hours a day solid for a month.
Aoryuu: I finally can't claim to being an authority.
Aoryuu: But I took down a team composed of 580+ stat total critters using a Pidgeot with Wing Attack as its most offensive move.
Aoryuu: Making Snorlax better than Mewtwo is a fucking joke. Snorlax is better than Mewtwo. Sure, it's boring, but do snipers complain that you can only kill a person from half a mile away so many ways before it gets dull?

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 08-09-2002, 06:47 PM:

i need a unzip file for netbattle know any free ones?

Posted by jshadias (Member # 2710) on 08-09-2002, 08:21 PM:

Oh, please. Liek, WTF? I don't even use that anyways, my computer can open compressed folders without such a program.

Posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk (Member # 14) on 08-09-2002, 10:07 PM:

quote:
i need a unzip file for netbattle know any free ones?

..i don't know whether to sig or to cry...

Posted by jshadias (Member # 2710) on 08-09-2002, 10:23 PM:

Liek sig test

Posted by Uiru (Member # 437) on 08-09-2002, 10:31 PM:

You'll sig it and you'll like it.

Those rules are nice, too.
~Uiru

Posted by grim pure power (Member # 3006) on 08-12-2002, 04:18 PM:

quote:
hense the double team.

yes but what would happen if a hazing dark type came up to you then what would you do

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 08-12-2002, 05:34 PM:

name one who can hurt him!

Posted by o_O (Member # 1916) on 08-12-2002, 06:17 PM:

Tyranitar + Crunch + Roar

Posted by Draco the spirit dragon (Member # 2900) on 08-12-2002, 06:51 PM:

roar doesen't work in solo

Posted by o_O (Member # 1916) on 08-12-2002, 06:55 PM:

Who says you'll be fighting solo?

Posted by PKMN Master FRAZZE (Member # 2404) on 08-13-2002, 03:43 AM:

He does, that's what he's bitching about. He'll only use Mewtwo solo.

Karpe Diem