This is topic =| Rate this pile of donkey shit! in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004794

Posted by Justin (Member # 2486) on 01-07-2002, 02:13 AM:

Gengar =Miracleberry=
Shadow Ball
Fire Punch
Psychic
Explosion
--Hell Shadow Ball can damn near 2HKO almost every Psychic pokemon there is. It is weak but with STAB and Super Effectiveness it hurts. Fire Punch for those Scizors and Forries that start. Psychic to take advantage of high Special Attack. Explosion to take out Blisseys and stuff!

Tyranitar =Ice Berry=
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Thunderbolt
Crunch
--I don't care if T-Tar get's Paralyzed. But when he gets burnt on a switch in against Moltres or something...that pisses me off. So yes...Ice Berry!

Suicune =Leftovers=
Surf
Rain Dance
Roar
Rest
--Meh

Raikou =Magnet=
Thunder
Rain Dance
HP Water
Rest
--Works with Suicune

Blissey =Burnt Berry=
Light Screen
Psychic
Heal Bell
Softboiled
--She gets frozen more than the North Pole...

Skarmory =Leftovers=
Curse
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Rest
--Well it is defense against Curselaxes and those stupid Tyranitars.

Posted by Tghost (Member # 1418) on 01-07-2002, 02:25 AM:

Gengar's Psychic doesn't take advantage of it's high special attack...it's as powerful as Natu's Psychic because it lacks STAB, and it's not like Gengar will actually face anything it can get Psychic to be super-effective against in battle (Ohh, lookie! It's a starting Gengar, let's send in Machamp so it can use Earthquake and be Destiny Bonded! - not that you have Destiny Bond, but your opponent doesn't know that)

Posted by Silver_Persian (Member # 2193) on 01-07-2002, 03:41 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Tghost:
Gengar's Psychic doesn't take advantage of it's high special attack...it's as powerful as Natu's Psychic because it lacks STAB, and it's not like Gengar will actually face anything it can get Psychic to be super-effective against in battle (Ohh, lookie! It's a starting Gengar, let's send in Machamp so it can use Earthquake and be Destiny Bonded! - not that you have Destiny Bond, but your opponent doesn't know that)

Machamps e-quake doesn't quite 1HKO gengar, so he needs to ph33r counter *runz*

Posted by Pokemaniac Will (Member # 2395) on 01-07-2002, 03:15 PM:

Gengar: Put something over Psychic. Maybe T-Bolt for the Cloyster starters, or perhaps Counter for Earthquakes.

Tyranitar: Good.

Suicune: Ok...

Raikou: Ok as welll...

Blissey: Fire Blast over Psychic, Blissey's Spc Atk is too low to use much anything with 90 BD.

Skarmory: Put Whirlwind somewhere.

3x Ground weakness. Also using Suicune, Raikou AND Tyranitar won't get you liked very much.

Posted by Justin (Member # 2486) on 01-07-2002, 08:46 PM:

quote:
Gengar's Psychic doesn't take advantage of it's high special attack...it's as powerful as Natu's Psychic because it lacks STAB,

Um Gengar can't have ANY Special Attacks with STAB genius boy.

quote:

and it's not like Gengar will actually face anything it can get Psychic to be super-effective against in battle (Ohh, lookie! It's a starting Gengar, let's send in Machamp so it can use Earthquake and be Destiny Bonded! - not that you have Destiny Bond, but your opponent doesn't know that)

Who says Gengar can only be used to start. The only other Special Attack more powerful (that would be used) is TBolt. And I prefer Psychic. It owns all the other Poison types, and it really can hurt other pokemon especially with a special fall. How can you say it doesn't take advantage of his special attack? If Gengar had Water Gun it would be taking advantage of his special attack. I didn't realize Azure was THIS badly newb infested....

Posted by Tghost (Member # 1418) on 01-07-2002, 11:11 PM:

Um Gengar can't have ANY Special Attacks with STAB genius boy.

Thank you for stating the obvious.

Who says Gengar can only be used to start

I never said that. You have a starting Gengar..I said starting Gengar.

The only other Special Attack more powerful (that would be used) is TBolt. And I prefer Psychic. It owns all the other Poison types, and it really can hurt other pokemon especially with a special fall. How can you say it doesn't take advantage of his special attack? If Gengar had Water Gun it would be taking advantage of his special attack.

Okay, what I meant by not taking advantage is that Psychic on Gengar is not particularly powerful. Taking advnatage of a high special attack, it would be assumed to be using an attackthat dealt a reasonable amount of damage against a wide range of common opponents to that Pokemon. Psychic on Gengar doesn't do that.

If Gengar had Water Gun it would be taking advantage of his special attack.

If Gengar had Water Gun, that would be idiocy.

I didn't realize Azure was THIS badly newb infested....

Ditto.

Posted by DarkLickitung (Member # 1672) on 01-08-2002, 12:50 AM:

Shut up, Justin.

Posted by cmsnrub25 (Member # 1551) on 01-08-2002, 08:39 PM:

quote:
Ditto.

Posted by Justin (Member # 2486) on 01-09-2002, 04:22 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by DarkLickitung:
Shut up, DL.

Posted by The Purple Lanturn (Member # 2168) on 01-09-2002, 05:44 PM:

If you don't like being Burnt, Frozen, ect, why not give both/one of them a Miricle Berry? Being Frozen or Burnt isn't very likely, though; except when your up against Sacred Fire. Somthing nice on Tyranitar would be Leftovers.

I'm not fond of Rain Dance on most water types, I'd much rather Ice Beam or Mirror Coat over that.

Not too many people use Poison Types, which aren't a real threat to your team, I'd like Thunder Bolt instead of Psychic, on Gengar. Maybe you could have Destiny Bond, Haze or somthing?

Where do you come from, Justin? Pokemasters? Pojo? Somewhere else? Just wondering...

Posted by Jumpman16 (Member # 1089) on 01-09-2002, 11:56 PM:

Justin, that's the lamest attempt at a comeback I've ever seen.

Karpe Diem