This is topic Alakazam idea.... in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004762

Posted by EspeonNidoking (Member # 2028) on 12-28-2001, 01:21 AM:

haven't tested it out on GSbot yet, but here it is:

Alakazam (Miracleberry)
-Psychic
-Recover
-Encore
-Seismic Toss

the strategy is to encore something that powers up like skarmory or cloyster that use curse/spikes, and seismic toss them...

it's supposed to be an annoyance type pokemon...so that your opponent can't have curselax in there for a long time with the seismic tossing going on while it curses up...

anyone have any comments/suggestions before i test it out?

Posted by Dark_Herakurosu (Member # 1677) on 12-28-2001, 02:51 AM:

Good in theory. But what if the opponent sends out a Uriugaa, or something of the like? I have the ultimate Alakazam set here. Crap accuracy, but when it hits, it works.

Alakazam@Miracleberry
Encore
Disable
Psychic
Recover

Posted by Tghost (Member # 1418) on 12-28-2001, 03:33 AM:

If that hits, the opponent switches. If the opponent is trapped and that hits, then it's good.

Posted by ThumbsOfSteel (Member # 1922) on 12-28-2001, 09:43 AM:

If spikes is down, It's also good.

Posted by Sy_ke (Member # 1842) on 12-28-2001, 09:51 AM:

"Seismic toss" is a RBY item and "encore" is a move that must me bred on alakazam. I don't think this m-set is possible
EDIT: fix typo

[ 12-28-2001: Message edited by: Sy_ke ]

Posted by Pokemaniac Will (Member # 2395) on 12-28-2001, 12:18 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Sy_ke:
"Seismic toss" is a RBY item and "encore" is a move that must me bred on alakazam. I don't think this m-set is possible

[ 12-28-2001: Message edited by: Sy_ke ]

That's right, you can't have both. But you can put an Element Punch in place of Toss or something else. Anyway, this strategy kind of had something to it but it's only legal in mIRC unless you put something else instead of Toss. Dark_Herakurosu's strategy would be absolutely delicious when paired with Ariados or Umbreon (To BP Spider Web or Mean Look).

Posted by DarkLickitung (Member # 1672) on 12-28-2001, 12:20 PM:

but it's only legal in mIRC

Just because it's possible doesn't mean it's legal.

Posted by EspeonNidoking (Member # 2028) on 12-28-2001, 09:04 PM:

hm, syke that's a good point....i don't use Alakazam, so i ddin't really know...i just thought of the idea, and it obviously was a total mess-up...

oh well, if i think of anything else i'll be sure to post it here. thanks

Karpe Diem