This is topic Curse-Counter-Clefable in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004759

Posted by Kiseiju (Member # 2421) on 12-27-2001, 01:35 PM:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Sing
Blizzard/Icebeam
Encore
Nightmare

So here's the idea: when the opponent begins cursing, use encore. Hopefully, Sing will hit them before the encore ends. Nightmare and wait for the switch.

Here's an alternative(riskier) way it might work: Encore the curse, then hit them with Blizzard. If they rest of the damage, encore the rest and Nightmare.

I'm not positive if it will work, but I hope to try it out soon. Any suggestions or opinions on whether it will work or not are welcome.

Posted by Pokemaniac Will (Member # 2395) on 12-27-2001, 04:05 PM:

That's a real good strategy. The thing is though, that it's typically a CurseLax you have to deal it since statistically 1 in 3 teams has one. Therefore Ice Beam won't phase it that much. I say go for Fire Blast since it's stronger and somewhat accurate.

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 12-27-2001, 04:43 PM:

quote:
So here's the idea: when the opponent begins cursing, use encore. Hopefully, Sing will hit them before the encore ends. Nightmare and wait for the switch.

And if they do switch, your left with blizzard and encore. Your best chance is to leave Ice beam, at least then its usuable after curselax is gone

Karpe Diem