This is topic My fun team. 'Bout time. in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004756

Posted by ThumbsOfSteel (Member # 1922) on 12-26-2001, 08:34 AM:

Yeah, I finally post my fun team.

Wiggly @leftovers
Double edge
Icy wind
perish song
T-wave

I didn't think it could survive rest all that well. Both icy wind and T-wave are so that smeargle can put someone to sleep without worrying about paralysis.

Smeargle @leftovers
Spore
Spider web
agility
Baton Pass

I would've liked somebody who's more underused, but Ariados was the only one to learn a trap move and agility (correct me if I'm wrong here) and he didn't work well, along with drawing in their fire early, which is bad for my pass target. Trap, spore, agility twice if possible, then pass off to...

Parasect @leftovers
swords dance
spore
HP rock
return

Gets the agilities, spores if needed, Then swords dances up. Kill the opponent, then spore the incoming flyer/fire/pseodu-hazer, making them worthless. If they leave it there, kill them and spore the next one. If they switch, kill them with return or HP rock. They take a hit on the switch-in, then probably die on the next. This has swept whole teams before and will do it again.

Electabuzz F Miracleberry
T-wave
attract
T-bolt
Ice punch

This was originally my lead, but I moved it back here for Wiggly (I figured you guys would kill me if Wiggly wasn't in here. I haven't tried it out, but it looks good enough) Paraatraction has died out somewhat, I think, so this could be a surprise. Was able to deal with Marowaks reasonably well as long as it could ice punch on the switch and get decent luck with attract.

Octillery @mint berry
Flamethrower
surf
haze
rest

Elemental sweeper. Haze in case I need it. He'd make another nice target for agility, as long as I didn't have to haze it away. Should ice beam go over flamethrower?

Sudowoodo @leftovers
rock slide
earthquake
swagger
psych up/selfdestruct

What should it be, and can he even get psych-up? Another agility target.

Posted by Knef (Member # 2208) on 12-26-2001, 11:34 AM:

You cant get both T-wave and Perish Song on Wiggly (RBY TM and Breeding move)...

Posted by FireMagmar (Member # 2238) on 12-26-2001, 12:29 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Knef:
You cant get both T-wave and Perish Song on Wiggly (RBY TM and Breeding move)...

I second that. I prefer Ice Beam on Octillery. Freezing is better than Attack lowering.

Posted by cmsnrub25 (Member # 1551) on 12-26-2001, 06:55 PM:

Wiggly: As mentioned, T-Wave and Perish Song are illegal. Maybe a good Fire Blast for Scizor/Forretress leads.

Smeargle: Good enough. Best of luck with their sleep counter.

Parasect: Nothing resists both, IIRC... nice set.

Electabuzz: Standardish.

Octillery: I like you. As mentioned, maybe Ice Beam over Flamethrower for a potential freeze.

Sudowoodo: Yes, it can Psych Up. If you want, put Selfdestruct over Swagger as a Curselax counter (Psych Up the Curses and blow the a-hole up).

Posted by ThumbsOfSteel (Member # 1922) on 12-27-2001, 07:59 AM:

I'm pretty sure a Steelix would resist both, but they'll send him or a roarer out first, so he'll take a spore. Wiggly will get fire blast and on Octillery, Ice beam over flamethrower.

Karpe Diem