This is topic Fun Team0rz! in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004754

Posted by Mewone (Member # 1694) on 12-25-2001, 11:12 PM:

Wigglytuff
@Mint Berry

First you Thunder Wave, then Perish Song to induce switching (while praying you live that long). Lather, rinse, repeat, while dealing decent damage with Double Edge occasionally.

Kingdra
@Miracle Berry

Meh...

Jumpluff
@Leftovers

Has trouble with other grass types, but can be fairly annoying against enemies set up by Wiggly.

Flareon
@Focus Band

More or less a mid-battle sweeper. Flareon is teh kewl.

Victreebel
@Leftovers

Ahahahaha!!! Indeed.

Mew
@Leftovers

Strange experiment. 00ber indeed, but he's one of my favorites, so

Posted by Pokemaniac Will (Member # 2395) on 12-25-2001, 11:37 PM:

Wigglytuff: The thing about Wiggly is that it has horrible Defenses, so hitting yourself with recoil isn't a good thing. So put Return over D-E. Otherwise it's good.

Kingdra: Pretty standard. I say put Dragonbreath over Ice Beam since you'll have trouble against simple Water types.

Jumpluff: Nice!

Flareon: I suggest Body Slam instead of Return for it's low Speed. Also Reflect over Charm, the person can just switch to something faster with good Attack.

Victrebel: I suggest Scope Lens over Leftovers as an attachment. Leftovers DOES restore HP, but with Scope Lens you have a very good chance of CH with Razor Leaf.

Mew: Mew is no 00ber. Same stats as T-Tar and D-Nite. Anyway, I suggest you go for either...

Psychic, Earthquake, T-Wave, Softboiled @Leftovers

Earthquake, Explosion, Swords Dance, Softboiled @Leftovers.

Edit: On Flareon I put Return over Charm when I meant Reflect.

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Pokemaniac Will ]

Posted by ThumbsOfSteel (Member # 1922) on 12-26-2001, 08:11 AM:

Wiggly: Nice. I'm gonna have to put a Wiggly on my next underused team.

Kingdra: OK

Jumpluff: You run out of stuff to do with this after a while if they don't switch. Good though.

Flareon: Keep it the way it is.

Victreebel: You might want giga drain for healing, and a little extra power.

Mew: Looks like it might work. You might try Swords Dance over sub for even more damage, but that's your choice.

Overall: Looks ok, except that you don't have any real pseudo-hazers unless wiggly survives, and that gives whatever it was a couple turns to kill one or two before they have to switch. Watch out for that.

Posted by Mewone (Member # 1694) on 12-26-2001, 05:03 PM:

Thanx pplz.

Posted by ZZTRaider (Member # 86) on 12-26-2001, 06:09 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Pokemaniac Will:
Wigglytuff: The thing about Wiggly is that it has horrible Defenses, so hitting yourself with recoil isn't a good thing. So put Return over D-E. Otherwise it's good.

Wiggly has the HP though. Since the amount of recoil damage taken is in no way affected by the user's defense, merely on how much damage it does to the opponent, it can take it unless it's up against a strong physical hitter. Chances are it's not going to be left in against something that can take it out fast enough that the recoil will actually make a difference.

----------

Wiggly:
Good. Lacking vs. a ghost type, but nothing can be done about that. And I'm assuming you won't leave it in vs. a steel or rock type for long, if at all.

Kingdra:
More or less standard. I'd suggest Dragon breath over Ice Beam to take care of other Kingdras, but otherwise fine.

Jumpluff:
Never used this guy, but theoretically the strategy is sound.

Flareon:
I agree, shove on Body Slam.

Victreebell:
Nice.

Mew:
Looks Good.

Posted by Kiseiju (Member # 2421) on 12-26-2001, 10:55 PM:

That Wiggly set looks nice, but I think it might not be attainable. If you breed for Perish song then you won't be able to trade back for t-wave, which then screws the idea considerably.

That Jumpluff is a real pain in the ass for any BP'er. I have sworn revenge against it for the many times it has humiliated me with its cute fluffy tufts.

And look out carrying two grass-types, as fire moves are extremely common.

Posted by Mewone (Member # 1694) on 12-26-2001, 11:20 PM:

Can you use Lance's machine for that moveset?

Posted by Pokemaniac Will (Member # 2395) on 12-27-2001, 04:19 PM:

No, only naturally-learned moves can be restored. TM Moves and Egg moves cannot be relearend through the machine. If they could I would have a Wobblastoise (Counter, Mirror Coat, Surf, Rest @Mint Berry)

Karpe Diem