This is topic Raticate: Portrait of a Rat in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004748

Posted by Kiseiju (Member # 2421) on 12-23-2001, 10:17 PM:

Here's my attempt at a workable Raticate set desinged to inflict a moderate amount of damage on the opponents team before succombing to its own poor defenses.

Raticate @ Mintberry
Super Fang
Roar
Rest
Reversal

It's a pretty simple idea. Super Fang, Roar, Rest or Reversal when appropriate. I had also considered using Hyper Beam or Return over Roar, hoping that it might KO the opponent. However, I wasn't sure if it would be able to survive enough hits to do much damage.

Posted by ThumbsOfSteel (Member # 1922) on 12-23-2001, 11:03 PM:

One I saw that I think would work is this:

Raticate @leftovers/miracleberry/somethin else
Super fang
double-edge
endure
reversal

Posted by FireMagmar (Member # 2238) on 12-24-2001, 05:29 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by ThumbsOfSteel:
One I saw that I think would work is this:

Raticate @leftovers/miracleberry/somethin else
Super fang
double-edge
endure
reversal

or, perhaps:

Endure
Reversal
Super Fang
Roar

or you could fit Shadow Ball somewhere.

DE? Dangerous. I wouldn't consider it, seeing as the recoil's only an hindrance due to his low HP and Defenses.

[ 12-24-2001: Message edited by: FireMagmar ]

Posted by ThumbsOfSteel (Member # 1922) on 12-24-2001, 07:34 AM:

Except that lower HP means more damage with double edge, but then you couldn't use it after enduring. My mistake, return would be better.

Posted by Dark_Herakurosu (Member # 1677) on 12-24-2001, 09:28 PM:

Raticate@King's Rock
Super Fang
Hyper Fang
Roar
Shadowball

He couldn't touch a Ghost-type with any of the others. With his 260 atk, he can take out a Gengar in *checks TPM damage calculator* err, *realizes its gone* umm... a few hits.

Posted by OrientalNoodle (Member # 616) on 12-25-2001, 12:26 PM:

ThumbsOfSteel: Your remaining HP doesn't affect Double-Edge's Base Damage. I think you messed Double-Edge and Flail (Or Reversal) up.

Posted by ThumbsOfSteel (Member # 1922) on 12-26-2001, 07:51 AM:

No, I just didn't type it right. Double edge recoil means lower HP, which could help with reversal, but recoil would kill you if you endured an attack already. My mistake.

Posted by Knef (Member # 2208) on 12-26-2001, 11:27 AM:

*points that Raticate can’t even have both Double-Edge and Reversal on the same set*

Anyway, the Reversaling set seems good to me, although it wont touch Ghost types…You could mix it and Dark_Herakurosu’s one to get something like this:

Raticate @Miracleberry
Super Fang
Shadow Ball
Endure
Reversal

BTW, Dark_Herakurosu, its Shadow Ball has a small chance to 2HKO Gengar and Missy.

Karpe Diem