This is topic Anti-NikWhak Tool in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004742

Posted by mleo2003 (Member # 1618) on 12-22-2001, 01:19 PM:

Ok, now, this is my first idea of a strategy, so go easy on me.

Ok, picture this:
Your Battling
You send out your Agility-BPing Poke (whatever it is, I'll use a Jolt)
You use one Agility, they switch to Wak
You BP to your own Wak (or whatever has Swagger), they SwordDance
You Swagger, resetting their Attack! They either hurt themselves or you for minimal damage.
You SD up, they either switch or continue with the funny stuff.
You sweep the match.

Note: You Poke Must be faster than Wak to pull this off. Also, there is the issue of Swagger's Accuracy. This was just a recent idea, use it, flame it, it doesn't matter to me.

Posted by cHi-cHi (Member # 2385) on 12-22-2001, 02:10 PM:

this is even easier:start with a ground,like most people do,to counter such a thing.

Posted by SDShamshel (Member # 791) on 12-22-2001, 02:11 PM:

NikWak will almost always have a lower Attack DV. If they haven't Swords Danced yet, then all you're doing is helping them.

Posted by Tghost (Member # 1418) on 12-23-2001, 05:16 PM:

If it gets setup, you have about 4 options;

1) Switch in Electrode on free turn (ie, after a KO, when Swords Dance is used) and use Swagger.
2) Switch in Cloyster on free turn and Explode. If Sub is up, you need to switch in before they use Swords Dance so you can burst Sub using Icy Wind or Surf or whatever.
3) Switch in Skarmory whenever and hope they don't flinch with Rock Slide
4) Switch in Heracross and use Counter.

Posted by Sy_ke (Member # 1842) on 12-23-2001, 05:27 PM:

Just use a roar-ing ground pokemon like donphan/golem/rhydon...

Posted by JoHtO TrAiNeR (Member # 1777) on 12-23-2001, 07:14 PM:

The only problem is that Marowak would KO any of those (exception with Donphan) with Earthquake before you Roar.

Posted by Mewone (Member # 1694) on 12-23-2001, 09:32 PM:

Or just switch in your level 2 ghost/flying type Pidgey with 999 in every stat.

EDIT: You spelled Nickwak wrong.

[ 12-23-2001: Message edited by: Mewone ]

Posted by ThumbsOfSteel (Member # 1922) on 12-23-2001, 11:10 PM:

Try leading with a Starter Lax

Snorlax F @leftovers/miracleberry
double edge
fire blast
earthquake
selfdestruct

This does better against lead combos, but would work ok otherwise. Earthquake the Jolteon, breaking the sub or dealing nice damage. You either A: Scare them into switching out, or B: Force them to pass to Marowak without a sub, and the BP turn, attack with whatever. On the turn they SD, selfdestruct. It's also likely that they'll switch to a skarmory or something steel, which you can fire blast. It's worked pretty well for me.

*note* Credit for this set goes to Automaton. I don't think he reads this much anymore, but I do think he'd care if I tried to pass it off as mine.

Posted by FireMagmar (Member # 2238) on 12-24-2001, 05:37 AM:

and why not Donphan? KOes Jolteon and eventually roars away the grounding lizard. Cloyster helps too.

Karpe Diem