This is topic The team that puts crap back into craptacular in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004670

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 11-28-2001, 08:29 PM:

I have this team in Crystalbot. I made a few changes since my last battle, so here is the new team:

Ledian @miracleberry
Baton Pass
Agility
Safeguard
Giga Drain
I'm sort of wondering why I have giga drain there in the first place. Goddish knows this thing can't survive a rock slide. It needs a attacking move, and the only moves being considered are Giga Drain, Ice Punch, Psybeam, and thunderpuch. I much rather have a move come off a 208 SA then a 168 attack:P

Noctowl @leftovers
Sky attack
Hypnosis
Mirror Move
Whirlwind
As confusion, faint attack, and dream eater being the only attacks coming its decent 250 SA, its still too fuck'n low. Dream eater is a consideration, most likely over Sky attack. But then again, what fool will keep their pokemon in?

Furret @miracleberry
Rollout
Defense curl
Amnesia
Rest
I really want this guy to play. But it usually goes down to a CH -_- I still think it looks good on pen and paper, but if you have another suggestion please tell ^_^

Wobbuffet
The ultamite snorlax killer

Azumarrill
Double Edge
Belly Drum
Amnesia
Rest
Its the next bellylax. Never tried it yet though, but it should work with a BP agility.

Victreebel
Sludge Bomb
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Synthesis
Good old Victreebel! Never killed a pokemon in his short lifetime

Rate away or Victreebel will do to you what he did to James

Posted by cmsnrub25 (Member # 1551) on 11-29-2001, 12:53 PM:

Ledian: Fire Punch might also help (Forretress, Skarmory, Scizor, etc).

Noctowl: He's got the Special Defense, so try Cursing with it (Curse/Rest/Wing Attack/Return w/Leftovers).

Furret: Whatever floats your boat.

Azumarill: I'd put Surf somewhere, but where?

Victreebel: Bah.

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 11-29-2001, 07:24 PM:

I was thinking about about fire punch too, since, well, he is my starter and all...

The only thing standing in my way is the fact that he can't learn it ;.;

And thanks for the cursing idea, I will give it a try!

Posted by DrFuko (Member # 2176) on 11-30-2001, 01:31 AM:

Yo Boy! Yo don´t need no Ledian! Yo need an freaking Mheu2!

But seriously folks.... Not such a bad team considering that you are using the ultimate underused.

Ledian @miracleberry
Baton Pass
Agility
Safeguard
Giga Drain

Absolutely, I agree with you about the 206 attack.... but you also have to remember that most starters are electric/dark/steel. Fire Punch should do the trick... better than giga drain.

Noctowl @leftovers
Sky attack
Hypnosis
Mirror Move
Whirlwind

Sky Attack is just HORRIBLE. You are better off using Return. Return is 150 base with noctowl, seeing as though he´s normal/flying, right?

Furret @miracleberry
Rollout
Defense curl
Amnesia
Rest

Rollout is a very inflexible move. You are better off with Curse over Defense Curl and Return over Rollout.

Wobbuffet

Wobbuffet: Only dumbasses can´t see how to kick this guy´s ass.

Azumarrill
Double Edge
Belly Drum
Amnesia
Rest

I dunno.... belly drum is great and all.... but maybe you are better off with Politoed on this spot.... trying to do the same strategy.

Victreebel
Sludge Bomb
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Synthesis

Well, what do you expect: It´s Victreebel!

Diagnosis: Yikes! horrid Ice/Electric Weaknesses! Not bad, though, considering the fact that these pokemon are NEVER used. I always respect underused teams.

Rx: I suggest a DTer and SDancer.... because you will need a LOT of luck to get a win out of this team, but with a DTer and SDancer, you can definitely come from behind and teach other trainers a lesson in humility. BTW, Noctowl is NO skarmory.

Rating: 6.5 out of 10 stars.

Posted by MK (Member # 1445) on 11-30-2001, 03:05 AM:

NEVER DISS WOBBUFFET!!!!!!!!!

- - - - -
"We just tease someone until they have an eating disorder."

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 11-30-2001, 03:47 PM:

quote:
Absolutely, I agree with you about the 206 attack.... but you also have to remember that most starters are electric/dark/steel. Fire Punch should do the trick... better than giga drain.
But like I stated before, Ledian can't fire punch. I might replace it with Ariados, since he can preform the same function (agility + BP), but is just as useless agaisnt steels and would just give me another fire and psychic weakness.

And he just doesn't have the good ol' 318 SD.

quote:
Sky Attack is just HORRIBLE. You are better off using Return. Return is 150 base with noctowl, seeing as though he´s normal/flying, right?
Yeah, I've been meaning to change that ^_^ The whole Sky attack Idea was to lower the grass weakness (which I had in the old version of my team)

quote:
Rollout is a very inflexible move. You are better off with Curse over Defense Curl and Return over Rollout.
Lots of people recommended curse. But there is only one problem I have with it. Furret is the fastest poke on this team ;.;

Rollout was there just to increase damage due to furrets crummy 250 attack.

But if Ledian lasts long enough to BP, I just may replace it with return an curse.

Thanks for the tips everyone! I could finally win a battle ^_^

Posted by Knef (Member # 2208) on 12-01-2001, 11:21 AM:

]You should replace Giga Drain on Ledian. It’s only really useful against Rock-Ground type, and even against them, Ledian still needs two turns to faint Golem or Rhydon. Plus, even with all that Spec. Def, the recharge provided with GD will not be enough to save our favourite ladybird. Consider Fire Power: it will take out Forretress in two turns, during which the bagworm will be able to do nothing but Spike. Anyway, Return, Double-Edge, Bug Power and Flying Power deal more damage than all those Special attacks in normal conditions.

Posted by TeLeFonE (Member # 2293) on 12-01-2001, 09:22 PM:

I've used Furret in battle and he works pretty good with Curse, Amnesia, Rest, DE @Leftovers/Mint Berry. You could also try an Endure/Reversal combo. Try Return over DE on Azu since a max attack DE would hurt. At least lose Sky Attack on Noctowl for Return or possibly Wing Attack. I'm not sure if he'd have the lastability to Whirlwind without Rest, either. You could try Swords Dance/Sludge Bomb combo on Victreebel. As for Ledian, I dunno, Giga Drain might do alright considering it would at least recover a little bit of HP before the thing goes down.
Team's decent, especially since its full of the underused of the underused.

Karpe Diem