This is topic Mew Moveset in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004657

Posted by 10,000Lb.Snorlax (Member # 13) on 11-26-2001, 01:17 PM:

MEW
--Leftovers--
Sandstorm
Giga Drain
Softboiled
Fire Blast

Start up a sandstorm and Giga Drain or Recover as needed, while sandstorm wears them down. If they switch to a steel type to avoid damage from sandstorm then use Fire Blast, if they switch to a ROck Type, use Giga Drain. For problem pokemon, Use Fire Blast and go for a Burn (30% chance) and use Softboiled as Burn and sandstorm wears them down, while leftovers negates sandstorm damage.

Even better if this moveset moves in after Venusaur/Jumpluff/Exeg/ etc. has sleep powdered and leech seeded the opponent, and/or spikes have been dropped, to keep pokemon from switching.

Not good versus those things with Curse, but seems like it could last awhile in a PP battle ( even though those aren't very fun), T-Wave is definitely a threat.

Posted by raticata (Member # 1994) on 11-27-2001, 06:39 AM:

I like this a lot, Mew has no probs with his stats and thus can be experimented on well.

Maybe have a mira berry in place of the leftovers, to protect against status effects.

Posted by 10,000Lb.Snorlax (Member # 13) on 11-27-2001, 07:33 PM:

now that i think about it, I think Flamethrower should be there instead of FireBlast, as this guy is there to wear down an opponent, and needs all the pp he can get.

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 11-27-2001, 08:07 PM:

I was just going to suggest that.

Yes flamethrower is best, not only does it have more Power Points but it still takes two to kill a steelix.

3 if Fireblast misses >_<

Posted by cmsnrub25 (Member # 1551) on 11-27-2001, 10:28 PM:

~Sweet Scent
~Blizzard/Zap Cannon
~Whirlpool
~Softboiled
*Leftovers*

Traps the opponent, uses Sweet Scent, then blasts away with the element attack. Inaccurate? Yes. Highly annoying? Definitely.

Posted by Silver_Persian (Member # 2193) on 11-28-2001, 01:05 AM:

Mew@leftovers
sweet scent
fissure/horn drill
recover
whirlpool

That = ultimate evilness

Posted by °{-_-}° (Member # 2119) on 11-28-2001, 03:13 PM:

Not Recover. Softboiled.

Posted by psykloak1 (Member # 2275) on 11-29-2001, 12:31 PM:

hehe

My mew:

mew @ twisted spoon
psychic
sunny day
solar beam
soft boiled

anothe rmew i used back in RBY was
psychic
double team
swift
explosion

or something like that (it was b4 i found azure)

Posted by Pokemaniac Will (Member # 2395) on 11-30-2001, 07:25 PM:

For Mew I generally prefer...

Psychic, Earthquake, T-Wave, Softboiled @Leftovers

Horn Drill, Fissure, Sleep Talk, Rest @Mint Berry.

The only problems I see with the set with Sandstorm, is that you hit yourself with Sandstorm, Giga Drain is horrible, and there's only a 10% chance of a Burn with a Fire move besides Sacred Fire, so maybe you should switch to one of those. The OHKO set is always pretty good, Mint Berry is there in case you really need to get out and hit with a specific move and not risk an inneffective move possibility with Sleep Talk. The first set is my favorite, it's a pretty nice mix, IMO. Paralysis, Recovery, STABbed Special move and strong Physical move. But that's just me.

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: Pokemaniac Will ]

Karpe Diem