This is topic I think this is a fair way to deal with this. in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004441

Posted by Uiru (Member # 437) on 09-08-2001, 10:56 PM:

From now on, when I want to battle someone (or someone wants to battle me) I shall ask them if they use any of the Cheese Trio. If they do not, they shall battle my regular team.

However, if they do, they shall battle my OHKO team. What better way to deal with Cheese than to shove it right back in their face? While keeping within the limits set by my conscious, naturally.

Scoring OHKO's three times consecutively = fine, while even the thought of using Mewtwo, Lugia and Houou = unacceptable. My conscious is weird.
~Uiru

Posted by Biffster (Member # 269) on 09-08-2001, 11:17 PM:

Sounds good to me!

Posted by DarkLickitung (Member # 1672) on 09-08-2001, 11:44 PM:

Azure Pokémon Center

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 09-10-2001, 05:08 AM:

My policy is to immediately quit any battle where the opponent uses Perish trap switch.

[Edit: Crap, I accidentally tranferred this topic to the forum it was already in, and now I can't move it to where it should be.]

[ 09-10-2001: Message edited by: White Cat ]

Posted by Automaton (Member # 1234) on 09-10-2001, 01:22 PM:

I hate cheapos. Yeah, perish trap sucks to play against, as do excessive OHKOs and Legendaries etc. However, I think there should be a format in which all of that is acceptable just to see if people can bias the metagame against those trends. I mean, even on M:tG, the worst, fastest, most dominant combo decks eventually had things surface that could take them out, just by a lot of testing.

*posts in the other topic too*

Posted by MK (Member # 1445) on 09-10-2001, 04:04 PM:

"People use clauses to cover everything their playing ability can't." -Mu

My two cents: Banning the three cheeses is the only possible rule I would even consider upholding to. Perish Trapping is valid as crap. If you can't beat it, it is your own damn fault, as your team can't stop it.

Posted by Umbreon master (Member # 2187) on 09-10-2001, 04:32 PM:

Yeah clauses rule

Posted by Revenger (Member # 2071) on 09-11-2001, 01:43 PM:

The sad thing is, I believe that you aren't joking

Karpe Diem