This is topic STS Team v1.1 in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004423

Posted by JohtoMaster (Member # 1023) on 09-03-2001, 01:21 PM:

Ok, here is my revised STS team.

Forretress
@Pink Bow
Spikes
Sandstorm
Double-Edge
Explosion

Skarmory
@Leftovers
Drill Peck
Toxic
Sandstorm
Whirlwind

Tyranitar
@Scope Lens
Earthquake
Ancientpower
Flamethrower
Roar

Magneton
@Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Substitute
Reflect

Omastar
@Leftovers
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Haze
Rest

Aerodactyl
@Leftovers
Earthquake
Ancientpower
Wing Attack
Substitute

This team is currently 3-0-0 on GSBot, and these are the changes that I have saw fit.

BTW, when I used this team on PS2, Sandstrom did not hit after the use of Whirlwind/Roar, but it did on Game Boy and GSBot. Is this normal, or did I do something wrong?

Tank ewe fairy mush.

Posted by Shenlong19 (Member # 2036) on 09-03-2001, 02:23 PM:

for an opener, id suggest cloyster w/ leftovers, explosion, whirl pool, spikes, and ice beam. and if you want to ease the load on shuckle, try a mean look passing umbreon. you could try to put haze on omastar, an you COULD put a magneton to sweep any skarmorys that would desroy the team. I also suggest ice beam and/or tbolt on ttar, instead of flamethrower and/or roar

Posted by Linkin2874 (Member # 1501) on 09-05-2001, 11:20 PM:

I'll rate:

Forretress
@Pink Bow
Spikes
Sandstorm
Double-Edge
Explosion

Standard.

Skarmory
@Leftovers
Drill Peck
Toxic
Sandstorm
Whirlwind

I like this moveset although Skarmory is very standard for STS teams. Maybe try something a little less used.

Tyranitar
@Scope Lens
Earthquake
Ancientpower
Flamethrower
Roar

Yawn.

Magneton
@Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Substitute
Reflect

Very nice set. I used Rollout, Thunder, T-Wave, and some filler for mine to draw out the Ground guy. After my Magneton died I pulled out my Surfing T-tar. I've only used the team once so I don't really have too much battle data to tell you if it worked.

Omastar
@Leftovers
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Haze
Rest

Yay, not a standard Pokemon. Melikes.

Aerodactyl
@Leftovers
Earthquake
Ancientpower
Wing Attack
Substitute

Please, get rid of some of the standards. They hurt my eyes.

I hate all the standards but that is just my opinion. I have been proven wrong in the past. Keep it if it works.

BTW, I like how you left Shuckle out. Stupid piece of trash Pokemon.

Posted by JohtoMaster (Member # 1023) on 09-06-2001, 03:52 PM:

quote:
Magneton
@Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Substitute
Reflect

Very nice set. I used Rollout, Thunder, T-Wave, and some filler for mine to draw out the Ground guy. After my Magneton died I pulled out my Surfing T-tar. I've only used the team once so I don't really have too much battle data to tell you if it worked.

The only reason I did not put Thunder Wave on him was that it would stsuas contrast with Toxic. More later. Thunderstorm in area.

Karpe Diem