This is topic Blah...Endure/Reversal team. in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004378

Posted by DarkLickitung (Member # 1672) on 08-24-2001, 10:09 PM:

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- Encore
- Leech Seed

A great opener/status inflicter. Risky sometimes with the Zapdos starters nowadays, but still viable. Got murdered when Fish started with Mewtwo, but those are rare on teams, although it did manage to paralyze and Leech Seed the thing. I'm reluctant to put on Giga Drain because it doesn't do a whole lot with his low special attack. Double Team might work after Encoring a switched-into Earthquake and PAR/Seeding the EQer. Toxic might be a possibility, but only if I'm up against an opponent who doesn't mind me PP wasting his Heal Bell.

Electabuzz @ Leftovers
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Counter
- Ice Punch

Electabuzz is cool. The primary reason I'm keeping Ice Punch over Cross Chop is so I can have T-Wave and Counter. He works well with Jumpluff because of the ground weakness. Skarmory fears his might.

Smeargle @ Leftovers
- Spore
- Spikes
- Agility
- Baton Pass

Basically, the plan is to put them to sleep, set the Spikes down, Get the Agility up and BP. I'm really not so sure about if I should even keep him; someone help me with this.

Primeape @ Scope Lens/Focus Band
- Cross Chop
- Counter
- Endure
- Reversal

This guy works 100 times better with an Agility passed, which is one of the reasons I have Smeargle. Either Foresight or Meditate might be useful to go over either Cross Chop or Counter. Endure/Reversal with an Agility makes him damn good.

Rhydon @ Focus Band/Leftovers
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Endure/Fire Blast
- Reversal/Counter

Meh, a problem. I'd love to have another Endure/Reversaler, but I like leftovers just too much on him. Anyways, with a BPed Agility, he's damn good. Fire Blast/Counter will go on him if Endure/Reversal won't. He's really good with Endure/Reversal, though, because most of the pokes resistant to Fighting are weak to Rock.

Kangaskhan @ Focus Band
- Double-Edge/Body Slam
- Counter/Earthquake/Roar
- Endure
- Reversal

Kanga is cool. He'd provide me with a Roarer and another Endure/Reversal poke. I'm debating whether I should just go with Counter for the first slot and Roar for the second, however.

Things that bother me
-3x Ice weakness
-2x Fighting weakness
-Whether Endure/Reversal would actually WORK the majority of the time.

[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: DarkLickitung ]

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 08-25-2001, 08:46 AM:

If you're going to have a Reversal team, you should have at least two Pokemon that can BP Agility, and maybe Swords Dance as well. I also recommend having one or two things with Flail.

Posted by ThumbsOfSteel (Member # 1922) on 08-31-2001, 07:10 PM:

Blah...A rate

Jumpluff: Good. Mine uses swagger, but a double powderer is good. Watch ice though.

Electabuzz: Should work. I don't think he needs cross chop anyway, but don't T-wave the pokemon you counter since you're wasting every advantage. Also, may need a recovery move.

Smeargle: May work, but disable them somehow first(sleep powder, T-wave, etc.) Consider switching for Bugpower Scizor

Primeape: Try meditate over cross chop and see how it works.

Rhydon: I like endure/reversal, but it won't work too well on him IMO. Try something over fire blast. Not sure what though.

Kangaskhan: I'd like counter on him, but an attack would help other than Endure/reversal. Also, you need a roarer. What to do, what to do?

Overall: I don't think smeargle is a very reliable BPer. Also, unless something is done with Kanga, you have no Pseudo-hazer/hazer. Weaknesses are also a problem.

Posted by Charmeleon42 (Member # 1066) on 08-31-2001, 07:37 PM:

Except for Electabuzz, which would give it some problems, an Espeon with Charm rapes 5/6 of this team.... if the Espeon starts with Jumpluff, and has Miracleberry, otherwise 4/6...

Posted by JolteonG3 (Member # 2146) on 09-01-2001, 09:46 PM:

As someone who has made a team containing some Endure(and Falil as well)/ Reversal use, I thought I'd give a piece of advice.

Dodrio works incredibly well as a Flail user, and using Flail can only help your team. Dodrio, in addition to having great Speed and Attack stats, gets STAB on Flail. I use a set with Flail, Endure, Return, and Drill Peck with Pink Bow Attached. The only problem I see is that it adds annother ice weakness to the team...a very significant problem.

If you are willing to rework the team (which is hardly necessary, as your team is excellent in its current state), Dodrio might be a good addition.

Karpe Diem