This is topic I'm new here but I'm not a n00b. in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004360

Posted by BlazingSaiyan (Member # 2095) on 08-21-2001, 08:22 PM:

so please rate mai team.

Jolteon@miracleberry
Attract
Substitute
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave

Paratractor.

Blastoise@leftovers
Surf
Haze
Icebeam
Earthquake

Hazer.

Misdrevus@leftovers
Protect
Meanlook
Painsplit
Perishsong

This is cheap but its pretty good. DestnyBond over painsplit? Painsplit Kicks ass against a Blissy though.

Exeggutor@quickclaw
Psychic
Explosion
Gigadrain
Sleeppowder

Qucicklaw to try to explode befor I die if I'm low on Hp.

Donphan@mintberry
Rest
Curse
Earthquake
Ancientpower

this guy is good against machamps, Tyranitars,Jolteons ect.

Snorlax@quickclaw
Counter
Earthquake
Selfdestruct
Double-edge

I'm not sure what ta put on this guy, but this is what I have so far.

ok thanx for any replies but don't bash me. I ran away from pojo cause there was too many n00b's taking over the place and it made me mad.

Posted by EspeonNidoking (Member # 2028) on 08-22-2001, 07:51 AM:

welcome Blazin...

for snorlax:

Snorlax (Leftovers)
-Double-Edge
-Fire Blast
-Selfdestruct
-Rest

that's what i use on GSbot, and it works a lot...

good luck!

Posted by Game Overlord (Member # 2132) on 08-22-2001, 12:34 PM:

Well forsnoarlax maybe you should use a curselax

Snoarlax
Item:Mint Berry
Curse
Rest
Earthquake
Double Edge

I find this one effective, beside, if your really want him to now a fire move, give him flamethrower, I cant remember if the move tutor will teach him it though, probly will.

Posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk (Member # 14) on 08-24-2001, 05:32 AM:

The pilgrimage continues, heh.

I see nothing that Donphan can do that Marowak can't do better. If it weren't for Crystal, I might had added Sandslash to that list as well.

Personally I'd leave Snorlax as is..

Other than that, it looks pretty, well, standard, at least for a Pojoer anyway. You know my opinion of Egger and Blastoise, as well as what I think of Pain Split of Missy.

Posted by PaPa-SmUrF (Member # 1919) on 08-24-2001, 06:20 PM:

Hey I'm new here too. Woo! Go us. Attractin Jolt, good. Blastoise looks fine. Rest/Destinybond over PainSplit on Missy. Who keeps Blissey in against Misdreavus? Try leech seed on Exeggutor over gigadrain. Leftovers is probaly better on Eggy as you can't depend on quickclaw. Donphan looks fine. That's a good non-curselax. ^_^

Posted by raticata (Member # 1994) on 08-24-2001, 06:58 PM:

well I don't know, since none of you ungrateful people want to rate MY team. Then again, you are new, so let's rate!!

Jolteon@miracleberry
Attract
Substitute
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave

I'm not a big fan of this...it is kinda weird, in that as a starter it NEEDS mira berry, but can't recover from subbing so could kill/damage itself too much. Reflect IMO is way better - good for all the team, and limits quake's power vs it. That over sub, and it could well work.

Blastoise@leftovers
Surf
Haze
Icebeam
Earthquake

Rather dull...skull bash is a funny move.

Misdrevus@leftovers
Protect
Meanlook
Painsplit
Perishsong

Gahh this is cheap....change it round. Keep 'split, lose 'song for shadowball, then you can trap a psychic and blast away with a stabbed super effective, low attack compensated by the third eyed one's usual low defense. Protect/lefties is good here.

Exeggutor@quickclaw
Psychic
Explosion
Gigadrain
Sleeppowder

Good set - get's the best out of it - double stab running off a sparkling special attack, a medium move and good old explosion, running off a decent attack. Fine. Good to know you are not scared of the 7 weaknesses, including 4* to bug.

Donphan@mintberry
Rest
Curse
Earthquake
Ancientpower

Not on the gsbot unfortunately pal - with lots of moves preventing the raising of stats - whirl/haze etc. Change curse for roar, much better IMO, keep the other moves and item.

Snorlax@quickclaw
Counter
Earthquake
Selfdestruct
Double-edge

Cursers don't work, unless you have lost your whole team and only have this left. Go with a good offensive snorlax - double edge/snore/rest/fireblast or quake, OR quake/body slam/fireblast/self destruct.

Overall rather cheap, though not bad for a new person.

Posted by DarkLickitung (Member # 1672) on 08-24-2001, 09:27 PM:

Glad to see a fellow "n00b pojoer" (at least, according to the majority of the online PokeCommunity) here. ^_^

First of all, according to Automaton, his Jolteon should have Leftovers, to be able to put up 7-8 Substitutes per match. Also, ZI'm a firm believer that all Misdreavii should have Rest. Going with what Gonk pointed out, if you're gonna be this standard, nuke Donphan for a Marowak.

raticata: Rather dull...skull bash is a funny move.

Imagitivity in a serious team should not come at the cost of crapiness.

Posted by EspeonNidoking (Member # 2028) on 08-25-2001, 12:10 AM:

true DL...majority of pokemon (and his record on Ladderbot) show that Blazin is kind of a newb....

H20 is worse however...

for Snorlax, however, curselax is not really needed since teams these days have about 2 or 3 counters for it....it's too easily countered....imho....

Posted by DarkLickitung (Member # 1672) on 08-25-2001, 03:03 AM:

I was joking, Mr. "I'm going to ban everyone except me from #pojochat".

Also, forgive the typo in my previous post, as one of my hands was occupied by another part of my body.

[ 08-25-2001: Message edited by: DarkLickitung ]

Posted by Heracross20 (Member # 2133) on 08-26-2001, 12:23 AM:

Nidoking, I don't find ur statement about me very funny at all. I know ur still into ur little "H20 sucks, H20 sucks, I'm better than him" jealousy days, but don't bring it onto a board.

Blazin: Yes, if u use missy, rest is needed. I found that out in a battle today, rest is quite annoying...(mumble...) Snorlax needs fire blast for skarmory, which are usually switched in against lax.

O, and one more thing, Nidoking, where are ur "alliances" now?

Posted by CHaRiZaRd (Member # 994) on 08-26-2001, 02:46 AM:

I personally like Leech Seed over Giga Drain on Exeggutor.

Fire Blast, Counter, Double-edge Selfdestruct is a good set for Lax. Never tried Quake on him yet...

Jolteon looks fine. Female? Leftovers should be on it anyhow.

Blastoise: I never was too fond of this dude.

Misdreavus: Works. Listen to DL... Rest'd probably do you some good over Pain Split, perhaps. Then again, I don't know too much on Misdreavus.

Eggy: *points to what I said above*

Leftovers, nyah.

Snorlax, leftovers. *points above*

Posted by BigCheese (Member # 1479) on 08-26-2001, 04:38 PM:

I personally go Double-Edge over Earthquake on Snorlax, but Earthquake works, just something to think about

Posted by shobalup (Member # 2160) on 08-31-2001, 10:42 AM:

My boy Blazin', Welcome.

Posted by The Vengful Gligar Man (Member # 2161) on 08-31-2001, 11:38 AM:

Hey Blazin...this is kinda cool, 5 ex-pojoers all on one topic and each expresses hate to pojo (and each-other in some caese.) Anyway, for Donphan, i found that...

Donphan@Mint Berry
Double Team
Earthquake
Rest
Body Slam

Posted by EspeonNidoking (Member # 2028) on 09-05-2001, 11:40 PM:

h20, what alliance...you left pojo cause you HAD no alliance...nobody there liked you except for Blazin, BC, DL and EBP....you diss EBP too....

all's i'm gonna say is that you got "LIT UP" by pojo...the rest of us parted away from the board...while you just got shoved off because of Nobody acknowledging your presence there...

how does it feel to let POJO beat you?

ain't so tough here H20....

Posted by DarkLickitung (Member # 1672) on 09-06-2001, 12:06 AM:

1. This post did not need to be ressurected.

2. Leave your issues on IRC and elsewhere.

3. Lose the fucking ego.

Karpe Diem