This is topic [Crystal] Idle Dragonite Musing...Please Rate... in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004317

Posted by DocMui (Member # 829) on 08-13-2001, 02:16 PM:

Well, it's T-minus 6 days before I head off to the Six Flags Fun Fest, and I was considering the feasibility of this Dragonite moveset:

Curse
Extremespeed
Outrage
Flamethrower
@ Bitter/Miracleberry

I realize that I'm not getting the STAB that I would with Wing Attack. Still, I figure that Flamethrower would be a nice addition should I run into any of those pesky Steel types. If this looks good, I'll just put this kid through the gauntlet a few times to get it up to level 100. Any suggestions?

--DocMui

Posted by o_O (Member # 1916) on 08-13-2001, 02:25 PM:

You could switch Outrage for Thunderwave....

Posted by Revenger (Member # 2071) on 08-13-2001, 02:28 PM:

i actually prefer:

twave
curse
return
dragon breath/ something else

Posted by DocMui (Member # 829) on 08-13-2001, 04:39 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by o_O:
You could switch Outrage for Thunderwave....

Well, I could...until somebody brought out a critter that was part-Ground. This is meant to be an all-purpose bruiser Dragonite. I could go conservative and replace Flamethrower with Safeguard and give Dragonite a Scope Lens.

If I want annoying, I'd have a team with Mean Look, Perish Song, and Baton Pass. This is just my idea for an all-out offensive Dragonite, one that'll kick other critters in the teeth and spit on what's left. Mind you, it's not perfect (what moveset really is?), but I think it's not too bad of a start.

--DocMui

Posted by Dark_Herakurosu (Member # 1677) on 08-13-2001, 06:11 PM:

Omanyte. Haze. Ice Beam. Fin.

Posted by Uiru (Member # 437) on 08-13-2001, 07:11 PM:

Yeah, but who uses Omanyte? Or OmaSTAR, for that matter.

For maximum effectiveness, I like Wing Attack, Flamethrower, Ice Beam and Reflect. It beats practically every popular toughnut and gives Physical protection to your team, which is always handy.

However, Extremespeed+Curse is a fine strategy too. Keep Flamethrower around for the Skarmory and Forretress, and consider Surf for the Rhydon and Tyranitar. The last attack could be Wing Attack- what better way to r0xx0r the Machamp of the world than with a cranked Wing Attack? It may not have the initiative, but against stuff that it's useful against (Grass, Bug, Fighting) you don't have much to fear.
~Uiru really wants Reflect where he can get it, and you can't have Extremespeed and Reflect at once, so...

Posted by ThumbsOfSteel (Member # 1922) on 08-13-2001, 09:38 PM:

Draggy has actually made it into my team as a haze lure. I gave it t-bolt and rest as the other 2 moves. For yours, try surf over outrage for rock and steel. Makes a good haze lure since you hit them with 2 extremespeeds before they get anything off.

Posted by Onix12 (Member # 1001) on 08-14-2001, 11:16 AM:

Duuude, do you like Coasters, Which Six Flags u going to? ... I'm headin to Great Adventure the 18th to get my Celebi, than Gonna ride Nitro All Day!

Karpe Diem