This is topic Rate this ooberly boring team, or at least help? in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004297

Posted by The Mad DoctorX (Member # 1223) on 08-11-2001, 08:04 PM:

As you can see this is a boringly standard team to rate. My team has done well so far with a total of 23 wins, 4 losses, and 0 ties. I either lost because of insane luck from the opponent, or I wasn't thinking or paying attention. Actually, the two people I lost cause of insane luck, was NickWhiz, and Snowdog31. *Grumbles at stupid continues Critical Hits* It was 0-1 too, with their last poke at 7/14% health.. ;_;

Starmie-Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Recover, Thunderwave=>>Miracle Berry

Not much to say, a great opener with Thunderbolt for a surprise. OHKO's Waks, Phans, and Houndooms in on H-Pump.

Miltank-Frustration/Body Slam, Psych Up/Attract, Milk Drink, Heal Bell=>>Scope Lens/Miracle Berry

I'm a bit confused on who to use, the pymp tank or psych up Moo. Well psych up moo has destroyed those status changing team, and pymp has beaten the crap out of males. Any suggestions?

Snorlax-Double Edge, Curse, Rest, Self Destruct=>>Leftovers

Boring old goddish Curselax. Sweet tank, and also a great CurseLax/Lax killer.

Zapdos- Thunderbolt, Thunderwave, Ice Power, Rest=>>Leftovers

One of the most powerful birds in the game. Excellent counters for Miltanks and Heracross, and grounds, if they switch in.

Misdreavus- Perish Song, Mean Look, Destiny Bond, Protect=>>Leftovers

Well, counters Machamps, and Snorlaxes and stuff...

Marowak- Earthquake, Rockslide, Swordsdance, ????=>>Thick Club

Once set up, it can sweep and bring down hell from heaven with an attack DV of 13 of course. What should I put in for the last move though?

----------------------
-Probs with this team...

Over the last few days, I've been encountering trouble with Kazams and Zappys. These are power pokes as you know and do a ton of damage and the fact most people put HP Ice on Zappy, so Wak is useless. So I need your help, on what to do with them or how to stop them with this team. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Well thats about it rate away, if you don't want to rate, give me advice on the Zappy, and Kazam etc.

[ 08-11-2001: Message edited by: The Mad DoctorX ]

Posted by Justin8649 (Member # 1789) on 08-11-2001, 09:11 PM:

Not much to say, a great opener with Thunderbolt for a surprise. OHKO's Waks, Phans, and Houndooms in on H-Pump.

...Hydro Pump is risky. It is kind of sad, that once you use a move 8 times, you can get beat by a ground pokemon....Go with Mystery Berry or Surf...

Miltank-Frustration/Body Slam, Psych Up/Attract, Milk Drink, Heal Bell=>>Scope Lens/Miracle Berry

I'm a bit confused on who to use, the pymp tank or psych up Moo. Well psych up moo has destroyed those status changing team, and pymp has beaten the crap out of males. Any suggestions?

Stick with Body Slam and Attract. Attract is a freaking bitch to get through alot. And give it leftovers....

Boring old goddish Curselax. Sweet tank, and also a great CurseLax/Lax killer.

Give it Shadow Ball/EQ instead of Rest or Self Destruct....and give it Body Slam over Double-Edge. Because now that Double-Edge gets Re-coil on faints now, it is pretty annoying...

One of the most powerful birds in the game. Excellent counters for Miltanks and Heracross, and grounds, if they switch in.

Good.

Well, counters Machamps, and Snorlaxes and stuff...

Usually I run my opponent out of Mean Looks by Whirlwinding them away and stuff......So I dont even think Missy is good anymore...

Once set up, it can sweep and bring down hell from heaven with an attack DV of 13 of course. What should I put in for the last move though?

Give it Counter. It is fun to Counter those HPing Zappys.

Pretty nice I guess...

Posted by sl (Member # 1940) on 08-12-2001, 12:08 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Justin8649:
...Hydro Pump is risky. It is kind of sad, that once you use a move 8 times, you can get beat by a ground pokemon....Go with Mystery Berry or Surf...

lmao your the last person i thought i would hear that from

Posted by Random Loser (Member # 1538) on 08-12-2001, 03:33 AM:

What's really sad, assuming you do get lucky and hit with Hydro Pump, Kingdra still has a less than 50% chance of a OHKO vs. Wak...

Posted by Justin8649 (Member # 1789) on 08-12-2001, 10:19 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by sl:

lmao your the last person i thought i would hear that from

I had Mystery Berry though.

Posted by raticata (Member # 1994) on 08-12-2001, 11:21 AM:

boring eh ? Hmmm

This looks good, hydropump IMO is way better than surf. However, be wary of grasses who seem to be popular again as starters. At least hydro gives this a chance against a starting tyran.

HOW ABOUT WE DO NOT GIVE HEAL BELL TO MILKTANK ???????????????? Sorry but is it really that necessary? Yes? I don't really loath miltank, I just can't see why they all have to have heal bell. True it will wake up your resters, but it is such a COP OUT.

Haze, roar, whirlwind, psych up...bye bye snorlax. If you have had success, I would certainly like to play against people who don't care about switch-forcing.

Hidden Power on legendary really is crummy, especially with the seemingly obligatory rest.

and venusaur, charizard, blastoise, butterfree...does anyone not use this excuse for a cheap win ??? THIS ONE DOESN'T HAVE REST !

WHY NOT GIVE IT REST ???????? Makes sense with the townie miltank.

Overall this team looked good with the starmie and its different set, but I was disappointed to see it include the townie pokes, and with so much resting, really is dull.

Posted by Random Loser (Member # 1538) on 08-12-2001, 07:49 PM:

Raticata, your hate of standards goes a little too far.. being original is only useful insofar as the surprise factor gained outweighs the possible loss of effectiveness. Taking Heal Bell off of Miltank would be a prime example of sacrificing effectiveness for useless surprise.

Karpe Diem