This is topic A Very Fun (and very useless) Team in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004283

Posted by Jolt135 (Member # 1974) on 08-09-2001, 08:10 AM:

Here is one of my rare “in theory only” teams. Normally whenever I make a team, I just shark it on immediately, but on this team, because of the incredible uselessness in tournament play, I’m not using that. But anyway, here it is:

UMBREON@leftovers Double Team/Mean Look/Moonlight/Baton Pass
The new standard, sure. Listen closely: It powers up, then BP’s to...

CELEBI@leftovers Perish Song/Protect/Recover/Baton Pass
Hmm...I wonder what this will do? Perish Song, then Protect, then Recover, then switch back to Umby. But for the first go-round, set up a Baton Pass to...

MAGIKARP@everstone Splash/(I deleted the other moves)
What does Magikarp do best? You guessed it: Dying! And when you BP it a Perish Song when the count is 1, what do you think will happen?
(insert the letters “XD” some 65,535 times)
(message truncated for length)
But this is just for fun. Now, my other three members:

SMEARGLE@leftovers Perish Song/Protect/Recover/Baton Pass
Kind of like Celebi, except with 5 fewer type weaknesses! And for ever more fun, you can pass the count-1 Perish Song to...

METAPOD@big mushroom Harden/3 empty slots
Another suicide weakling! Except this time, if you’re lucky, Metapod will drop the Big Mushroom, the opponent’s next Pokemon will pick it up, get high off magic mushrooms, and faint! (j/k)

ELECTRODE@quick claw Spore/Lock-On/Fissure/Guillotine
Why Quick Claw? That way, it reduces the chance that an enemy’s Quick Claw will work. This guy just kills whatever’s left. If you don’t want Sporing ‘Trode, use:

PIKACHU@light ball Thunderbolt/Surf/Fly/Thunder Wave
Um...yeah. I know it sucks. If only they had actual animations for a Flying ‘Chu......then it might be worth it to watch the little rat die. Until then, I’m sticking with Electrode.

Posted by Jolt135 (Member # 1974) on 08-13-2001, 09:32 AM:

BUMP

Posted by cursed_snorlax (Member # 2044) on 08-13-2001, 10:03 AM:

magikarp metapod pikachu ?
this is the worst team i have ever seen.

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: cursed_snorlax ]

Posted by o_O (Member # 1916) on 08-13-2001, 12:04 PM:

This team sucks you idiot.

Posted by Dark_Herakurosu (Member # 1677) on 08-13-2001, 06:17 PM:

LOL!!! This is the n00b team I was lookin for! Use 3 stupid pokes as shields! Pass the Mean Look & Perish Song to the weaklings! Only problem is that they'll faint before Perish Count is up.

Posted by Jolt135 (Member # 1974) on 08-14-2001, 09:55 AM:

Perish Passing Celebi: the Exploding Magikarp of GSC. I have the weaklings because I want to pass to SOMEONE, and it may as well be someone that I can live without. Plus, Celebi will survive to do it again!

Karpe Diem