This is topic Bell Resters v1.4 in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004059

Posted by BigCheese (Member # 1479) on 07-03-2001, 11:42 PM:

I've been working on coming up with a good set for this team, so I came here. PLEASE! No saying f|_|ck in this topic. If you have to, post it like that, otherwise my damn internet block will stop it! That includes sigs, thanks!

Now, the strategy is too attack, attack, attack, then when you're HP is low, you Rest off the damage with the Mint Berry, then you continue on. But, you'll have to Rest again later on, so you Rest off without the Mint Berry. Then you send in Miltank, Heal Bell off the Sleep and continue doing that!!! Now, a good thing about this team is Hazers are pretty pointless for this team, cause I don't have any build up moves. But, I can't because the strategy is to retreat, which will get rid of the Curse or whatever I use, that's why I don't use it...

Mr. Mime:
>> Leftovers
ThunderWave
Psychic
Reflect
Light Screen

Excellent Psuedo-passer! Helps Miltank's SD and Ho-Oh's defense so he can stop rock types! Plus, he's go paralizing support, and Machamp Counter! Very helpful!

Miltank:
>> Leftovers
Body Slam
Attract
Milk Drink
Heal Bell

The main guy in the team. she goes down, I'm screwed, which is why she has Milk Drink, to help her out. Attract is EXCELLENT and Body Slam is good to paralize. But, should I go with Psych Up and Return instead of Body Slam and Attract? It's GREAT! But this team retreats a lot!

Machamp:
>> Mint Berry
Cross Chop
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Rest

The main guy to attack with. Only to worry about Psychic types (for flying, I have Rock Slide if I ever see one). He's really great for this team with the ability to learn those 3 moves, then Rest, then keep on going!!! It's amazing what he can do!

Ho-Oh:
>> MiracleBerry
Sacred Fire
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Recover

I LOVE this Ho-Oh! I've used him in all my teams so far, and it's never let me down! He's out there in case Miltank is gone, and he's just a great attacker! He stops those steel types really well too!

Suicune:
>> Mint Berry
Surf
Roar
Mirror Coat
Rest

Pretty basic. Good for this team,

or...

Blastosie:
>> Mint Berry
Surf
Ice Beam (lots of Dragonites and grass types where I am)
Haze
Rest

IMO, the best Hazer in the game! A hazer needs to have good defense, SD, and speed. Well, with about 300 in defense and SD, he's excellent! With pretty decent speed, it's good to. The only other Hazer who is close to him IMO is Crobat with his huge speed. But I love this hazer! One of my favorites for the old guys too (I use him in RBY also). Now, he needs Rest to keep my Hazer alive, where the strategy comes in again.

I'm leaning towards Suicune because he can Rest better...

or...

Marowak:
>> Thick Club
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Rest
Snore (weak, I know, but will it work?)/Sleep Talk/Substitute?

Works well with Rest for this team.

Skarmory:
>> Mint Berry
Curse
Rest
Whirlwind
Drill Peck

6 out of 8 people I battle use Lugia, 5 of which are Cursia's. So I used this guy. Whirlwind will get rid of their Curses leaving me with mine.

So 2 Whirlwind's/Roars and possibly 1 Psych Up, I don't think I'll need Haze too much. Thanks guys!

------------------
Blissey/Chansey will hold up their proud tradition of beating two or more Mewtwo's in a row!

Psyduck rules!

[This message has been edited by BigCheese (edited 07-04-2001).]

Posted by The Rookie (Member # 1030) on 07-03-2001, 11:52 PM:

Not going to go too deep into a rate here, just want to point out that skarms can't get psych up at all.

------------------

Posted by BigCheese (Member # 1479) on 07-04-2001, 11:42 AM:

sh1t, I'm going with Curse I guess.

------------------
Blissey/Chansey will hold up their proud tradition of beating two or more Mewtwo's in a row!

Psyduck rules!

Posted by BigCheese (Member # 1479) on 07-06-2001, 10:50 AM:

Could someone rate it? Please...

------------------

Psyduck rules!

Posted by Espeon (Member # 1713) on 07-11-2001, 06:45 PM:

Im not at all a good rater but ill see what i can do, most of them are ok, but i think that miltank need e-q to help out againts rock and steal types.

------------------

Karpe Diem