This is topic My craptacular Espeon in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004040

Posted by Jaybee (Member # 1781) on 07-02-2001, 02:01 AM:

Espeon @ Whatever
Psych Up
Charm
Psychic
Rest/Morning Sun

I'm going to use it mainly as a counter for anything that curses. Come in, Psych Up, Charm away, and hopefully force a switch. Decent Special defense and the bonus defense provided by the curses should allow it to survive a rest, but that allows anything to come in and roar it away. It has nothign against Skarmory, but hell, if Skarmory comes out than Espy has done its job.

Any comments?

Also, apologies if someone has already said something about this.

------------------
<S-Caliber> SPAM = shitty penis ass man

Posted by Random Loser (Member # 1538) on 07-02-2001, 03:13 AM:

Wouldn't Psych Upping a curser work better on something that could use the attack bonus?

------------------
"how can u tell a shiny pokemon from a normal pokemon?"
-Team_Rockets_Arcanine @ The Pokegym

Posted by KINGDOM (Member # 1685) on 07-02-2001, 11:41 AM:

and Espeon has that craptacular defense too...Psyching Up (to survive an attack...) and then Charming (discouraging their pokemon into staying)... very interesting.

------------------
Uhm...Help, guys? :D

Posted by Jaybee (Member # 1781) on 07-03-2001, 02:16 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Random Loser:
Wouldn't Psych Upping a curser work better on something that could use the attack bonus?

Thats not really the point. The point of it is to induce a switch. And even if it doesn't, Espeons meagre attack wouldn't really hurt anything that is cursed up enough to warrant putting something like return on him.

------------------
<S-Caliber> SPAM = shitty penis ass man

Posted by Random Loser (Member # 1538) on 07-03-2001, 03:25 AM:

But if (as I think u're saying) the only point is to force them to switch, w/o doing any actual harm, wouldn't just a plain shuffler (such as skar) do that? It's not that it won't work.. but that I don't c it having a huge effect on the battle.. though maybe I'm not seeing something/am just close-minded.

------------------
"how can u tell a shiny pokemon from a normal pokemon?"
-Team_Rockets_Arcanine @ The Pokegym

Posted by ThumbsOfSteel (Member # 1922) on 07-03-2001, 07:03 AM:

The set wouldn't work for Espeon with it's low attack and defense, but why not Umbreon with double-edge or body slam over psychic. If you use Umbreon, try to fit roar on it too.

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

Posted by Automaton (Member # 1234) on 07-04-2001, 05:11 PM:

Okay, delete Espeon from that equation and use an Umbreon with Double Edge instead. Nice!

------------------
"Ouch! Ouch! Now that's what I call good seamanship!"~Captain on Shining Force 2

syran765: *Automaton sent out Demon-Bitch*
syran765: *Sabregirl's Umbreon was paralysed with fear*
~SabreGirl on AIM

Posted by EeveeTrainer (Member # 62) on 07-05-2001, 09:18 AM:

If only it could get roar...*sigh*

~ET

------------------
"What emu are you using?"
-Windex

Karpe Diem