This is topic Team Jared v1.3 in forum Omanyte Historical Foundation at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=003233

Posted by Jared0169 (Member # 1081) on 01-21-2001, 06:47 PM:

Here's yet another revision, I hope that I get more than one rate this time

Kingdra
-Surf
-Dragon Breath(got it right this time )
-Double Team
-Rest
@:Leftovers
I decided to go with Leftovers because RD was right, if its meant to be a tank, then it can spend two turns asleep, and Leftovers will help take care of recovering any stray damage while he's asleep.

Mewto
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Thunderwave
-Recover
@:Miracle Berry
Psychic to help me out with Machamp, Thunderwave over Double Team to help set up my other tanks.

Dragonite
-Fire Blast
-Double Edge
-Thunderwave
-Haze
Double Edge to take advantage of his attack power, Thunderwave to help with setting up what Mewtwo hasn't. Leftovers to take care of the recoil.

Zapdos
-HP Water(did I mention I have a GS )
-Thunderbolt
-Double Team
-Rest
I decided to go with HP instead of Drill Peck so that he'll be able to take care of the stray Steelix and such.

Machamp
-Cross Chop
-Light Screen
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
Standard Machamp.

Porygon2
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Double Team
-Rest
@:Nevermeltice
This guy'll be my main sweeper, with all the support given by the other members of my team.

------------------
The poster formerly known as Mew72584
Email:jared_van_ausdal@hotmail.com
AIM: Jared0169

Posted by °{-_-}° (Member # 2119) on 12-01-2001, 09:44 AM:

:-*

Posted by DrFuko (Member # 2176) on 12-01-2001, 01:17 PM:

Holy shit dude! That´s one hell of a team! Kick Ass....

That´s what I´d be saying if GSC weren´t out yet.... here´s the rate.

Kingdra
-Surf
-Dragon Breath(got it right this time )
-Double Team
-Rest

This guy can kick so much ass as a starter, but you only have 1 real solid move that actually does good damage. Remember that its attack=special attack, 288 at max. I'd rather go with diversity instead of dragonbreath (which doesn't paralize THAT often) and put in Return. After all, who knows if you encounter a Blissey or such.

...and thus, the trouble begins. DT on Kingdra is good as a haze lurer... but you MUST remember.... double team is not that great of a killer move, if your opponent is worthwhile. Usually, the idea is to double team with kingdra and switch in an exploder as the opponent's hazer comes out, thus, freeing you to be evil.

Mewto
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Thunderwave
-Recover
@:Miracle Berry

Who the bloody hell would take out a Machamp against a mewtwo???? HP Fighting over Ice Beam, seeing as though Mewtwo sucks against snorlax and the almighty TTar. HP Fighting is MUCH more useful than Ice beam in the long run.

Dragonite
-Fire Blast
-Double Edge
-Thunderwave
-Haze

Yeah, double edge is nice and dandy on this guy. I actually like the guy.

Zapdos
-HP Water(did I mention I have a GS )
-Thunderbolt
-Double Team
-Rest

Ohmygosh! Another DTer? Face it: Double Teaming is not the monumental superforce it used to be. Remember, Curse EATS Double Team. Some great pokemon master said that, and I think that is the wisest thing anybody on this pokemon community has ever said.

Machamp
-Cross Chop
-Light Screen
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Standard, indeed.

Porygon2
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Double Team
-Rest
@:Nevermeltice

How the hell is this guy supposed to be your sweeper??? Its Special Attack is not so hot and you've got no powerup! What in tarnations are you trying to pull off?
------------------

Diagnosis: Mediocre team. You seem to be a trainer on the rise, but you still need to learn some things about powerupping and get through the idea that double team is such a great move. Any smart trainer that sees a double teaming opponent can simply curse up along with you.... thus, whilst you do little damage with multiple hits, your opponent will miss... and miss... and eventually hit and OHKO you with full curse. What makes us think that the opponent will even get to full curse anyways? 3 words: High Special Defense. (i.e. Curselax, Cursia, Curssie)

Rx: Rethink your whole strategy. You need more BANG, less DT. I do like the fact that you at least thought nicely about dragonite and its hazing abilities, along with TWave passed to it. I definitely would like to see you switch out machump and porygon2 if they really have no real GREAT purpose. But I wont build a new team for you....

Rating:6.5 out of 10 stars
"A decent baton passer would have made this 8.5 out of 10. An exploder would have made this 9."

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: DrFuko ]

Karpe Diem