This is topic Sharking Pokemon for EVs? in forum Sakaki Tower at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000898

Posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX (Member # 3390) on 10-20-2003, 03:05 PM:

Note: that I used the code to catch pokemon with Max IVs.

I don't know how many people have used Pikas GameShark codes, I wanted to know, do you think that if you sharked the codes that make certain pokemon appear in the wild; for example Golem +3 Def, Machamp +3 Atk, Wigglytuff +3 Hp, Alakazam +3 Sp Atk, Bellossom +3 Spc Def, and Crobat +3 Spd. Would this work, or would it pick up the evs that are for Pokemon that are suppose to be on that Route?

Also if you kept getting +3 with battles would that cut the chances of getting maxed out EVs?

Posted by Pokewaterking (Member # 3509) on 10-24-2003, 12:00 AM:

Hey! that would be cool if you could hack pokemon to earn higher EVs! Good thinking Tidus! I would like to know too if that works, and cut half the time [Smile]

Posted by pika (Member # 1908) on 10-24-2003, 11:42 AM:

ah well you can hack pokemon with up to 1530 EV (actually all stats maxed) which is obviosly way above the normal 510. Well at least you COULD.
but:
a) that will not work this way
b) i don't want to support that
c) titus idea is to get to the desired EVs as fast as possible

well i got the idea it might be possible to hack the game code so you'll always get lets say 252 Special Attack evs no matter what Pokemon you encounter that would cut down the maxing process to 3 fights. The bat thing is bpr on the ev data did not quite work and i'd have to find the opcodes manually --- and i guess i am way too lazy to do that

Posted by Pokewaterking (Member # 3509) on 10-24-2003, 10:06 PM:

umm.. Pika I tested out Tidus's theory with a pokemon that I wasn't planning on keeping. When you use the Max IV code then throw on a macho brace and use the pokerus (Both together or separate) there are 40 Evs left to gain. I counted 252 for every stat just to be safe instead of doing 255 for just one stat. The Evs were still off by that much.

My question is could that be a flaw in your max IVs code, when combining Evs?

[ 10-24-2003, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Pokewaterking ]

Posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX (Member # 3390) on 10-24-2003, 10:09 PM:

That was what I was trying to get at. I noticed that too. There could be a limit collecting EVs when using the Max IVs code?

Posted by pika (Member # 1908) on 10-25-2003, 06:28 PM:

i doubt it - well it would be the case with real maxivs, too in that case - unkely. in any case could you dump your savegames and upload them somewhere?

Posted by Pokewaterking (Member # 3509) on 10-25-2003, 10:49 PM:

No I don't have any way of sending any saved games on over. I restarted my game twice using this code and the samething happens while trying to get EVs. Strange,30- 40 unexplained evs missing [Frown]

Posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX (Member # 3390) on 10-27-2003, 02:04 AM:

Poke, I agree with your other post about how Cfalcon's codes maxed both IVs. and EVS. If there was a code to do that then why not now? What would change the factors right?

Posted by LanderZRPG (Member # 1615) on 10-27-2003, 08:47 PM:

http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001383

Can't get all max stats, guys. Go do some research [or read what I have to say, for the lazy ones. Or just presume I'm lying to the world, along with my accomplis(oh god, sp?) Uiru, and ignore me, and never figure it out]

Posted by pika (Member # 1908) on 10-28-2003, 07:53 AM:

well no commet on that exept read my first post on that matter - it is possible to cheat all max evs but that's crap since it's just as illgal as Sporing Electrode or 999-Karp - therefore i will not publish codes to do that.

Posted by LanderZRPG (Member # 1615) on 10-28-2003, 09:53 AM:

Exactly my point (in the other thread)

Posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX (Member # 3390) on 10-28-2003, 10:28 PM:

Pika it doesn't make a difference if you posted codes like that or not. DId you check out the science lab on Cfalcon's codes for Pokemon Red and Blue? That is what I am talking about. So your saying that CFalcon came up with illegal cheating codes? C/mon now. To be honest with you Pokemon is the only RPG I sharked. Any of the Final Fantasy Series or other RPGs I played by the rules. It is a pain in the butt in pokemon to level up 354 different pokemon, then have to do a bunch of other stuff with it. Anyone could do it but how boring is that you know what I mean? My cousin was the last to link battle against and i didn't use game shark to fight him. He crushed me with a higher level pokemon that had the type advantage too. Level 41 Blastoise Vs. Lv. 33 Charizard. Hydro pump crushed. That is when I got into stats after that.

IF Cfaclon was able to hack Max EVs and IVs then you could too for Ruby and Saphire what is the harm? Oh and the Frog guy. You shark one code you might as well shark the rest. The game is already hacked and ruined anyway right?

Posted by Pokewaterking (Member # 3509) on 10-28-2003, 10:39 PM:

Yeah true if Cfalcon hacked both IVs and EVs then what is the harm in you doing it Pika?

I don't ask for stats that a pokemon can never get. I am asking for a pokemon of that species having max possible stats and genes. I don't mean hacking a pokemon with 999 stats. I don't want that. I don't like fake stats. I mean the real deal. For example

Modest Mewtwo Level 100
416 Hp
287 Atk
279 Def
447 Spc Atk
279 Spc Def
359 Spd

I want all my stats maxed out like that. That is what I mean. That is still cheating? sigh...

Posted by 137 (Member # 1465) on 10-29-2003, 01:49 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX:
So your saying that CFalcon came up with illegal cheating codes? C/mon now.

Yeah, that's what he's saying.
It's obvious that doing something with a cheat device that can't be done without one is illegal. And pika didn't say he was reluctant to hack those codes on his game, just that he refused to publish them. This just means he has different principles than cfalcon.

And yeah, Pokewaterking, that is cheating, only because it can't be done without the shark. Of course, if you just wanted to trounce the Elite 4 with it or leave it sitting in a box just to say you had one, and never actually used him in a battle against another human, then I don't see anybody objecting to that. Like Bugcatcher Ed said.

Posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX (Member # 3390) on 10-29-2003, 02:22 AM:

PIKA I talked to L3reakmanx and Mastersord about the codes for max EVs. I got Mastersord to see on making Max EV codes. He said he had nothing against it.

[ 10-29-2003, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: TIDUSBLITZABESX ]

Posted by LanderZRPG (Member # 1615) on 10-29-2003, 02:30 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Pokewaterking:
Yeah true if Cfalcon hacked both IVs and EVs then what is the harm in you doing it Pika?

I don't ask for stats that a pokemon can never get. I am asking for a pokemon of that species having max possible stats and genes. I don't mean hacking a pokemon with 999 stats. I don't want that. I don't like fake stats. I mean the real deal. For example

Modest Mewtwo Level 100
416 Hp
287 Atk
279 Def
447 Spc Atk
279 Spc Def
359 Spd

I want all my stats maxed out like that. That is what I mean. That is still cheating? sigh...

Unfortunately, it is.
If you were to shark a Mewtwo, and give it Macho Brace + Pokerus to save time, you could not attain all of those stats. 2 of them, yes. But not all.
If someone had these stats, how much difference is it if they had +1 to all stats? What about another +1? And another? Some people argue that "A little bit more doesn't hurt". Well, every single incrementation of +1 is a little bit, right? Will never amount to any difference, right?
What about when all those +1's end up bringing your stats to 800-999? That definetely amounts to something.

So, no, it isn't "impossible" to get those stats; just shark them. But it's no different than sharking 999 stats; it's just a bunch of small increments higher.
I feel that if you cannot do it, fairly, without gameshark, in the game, it is considered cheating. If someone sharks to save time, in my opinion, sure, why not. I don't, since I was lucky enough to get Pokerus around the same time I caught my first shiny (Tentacool, whee), and that speeds things up a great deal, but despite the fact that I don't own a gameshark (Call me cheap if you want; I don't feel like wasting money on something I might use for 1 game, to save nothing more than time), I still wouldn't shark for it. Stats are easy enough to moderate, provided to pre-plan.

Oh, and for the record, the only time I played fully through the game was on a Japanese cart, so, no, I don't know the names. Same deal applies to my Gold game; I didn't want to wait the 5-odd months for the english release, so I got ahold of a Japanese one, instead. Towns and such are so unimportant; they are usually bad translations of the Japanese schemes, at best. "Town of the Electric Gym" and such works so much more effectively for conveying a message.

But, yeah, I have no problem if people shark to save time. If someone sharks stuff that is not legal on the game, that's where I draw the line. And the arguements of "It's only on their game" are dumb when it comes to stats, since, why else would people want high stats? To brag to their friends about their number being 2 higher than Joe's number? No, it's for battling, and, as such, affects another player.

Posted by pika (Member # 1908) on 10-30-2003, 10:24 AM:

a) no CFalcon's RBY codes are not a violation of in game rules - it is possible in RBY & GSC to get ALL max stats. This is not possible in RS.

b) I don't care what *insert any name* is thinking. I thing it's not a good thing to have illegal stats & absulutely DON'T see any point in codes to get them unless you want an unfair advantage over your opponent I mean really we are talking about 251 Stat Points / Pokemon. That's 1506 on a team if this in not an unfair advantage - what is?

So we could talk about fast-stat exp codes but no break-510-ev-rule codes. If you want break-510-ev-rule codes ask somebody else.

Posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX (Member # 3390) on 11-11-2003, 12:22 AM:

oh i see what you mean now. I was thinking you could max out all stats like in the old days. I wasn't even thinking of adding the EVs up per stat. I guess the only possible thing to do is Max out two stats. 255+255 makes a perfect 510. Your right it would be unfair playing a linked battle game. No poke fans around here to link up with either way.

If you were to go beyond the 510 limit, the stats wouldn't remain anyway. I think it is like sharking 999 stats. Then you go to box them and they disapear and you go back to regular IVs. 1506 couldn't be permanant anyway. The programing wouldn't allow it. I heard you would have to rebuild the game all together to make it except something like that.

I have my quick ways now. I fight wild Alakazams and Crobats for my special attackers, and my Fighters Machamp and Crobat, or Machamp and Golem. Some of the attackers need a good defense. I decided to max the biggest stat and max the weakest stat.

Posted by 137 (Member # 1465) on 11-11-2003, 03:50 AM:

goodgoddamn

Posted by pika (Member # 1908) on 11-11-2003, 04:43 PM:

okay - one more point on my part:

"1506 couldn't be permanant anyway. The programing wouldn't allow it."

No. That *WILL* be permanent. Just as permanent as illegal moves.

Posted by LanderZRPG (Member # 1615) on 11-12-2003, 08:05 PM:

....Why battle sharked pokes, when you could just shark the EV's in, automatically? I'm decently sure that you could just do that.

It's just cheating, poorly. Either shark what you need, or do it fairly; the compromise doesn't exist on either morality scale, and is just silly/dumb.

Posted by Pokewaterking (Member # 3509) on 11-12-2003, 10:12 PM:

I don't know if the attack was for both me or Tidus, or just Tidus, but I don't like being called a cheater thankyou very much...
any sharking would be cheating if you were to face another human player or to defeat gym trainers etc. Anyone could do it without gameshark, it just doubles the time. I still have Dragon Warrior III to play (a game that doesn't go by EVs or IVs after fighting a type of monster). If it was like other RPGs where it didn't matter which monster you fought, and what to fight for stats. You have a ton of pokemon to level up. More than a basic party of just 3-5. So to me I don't feel that I am cheating but getting around having to waist so much time. I still battle and level up, just like you do in any RPG. You can beat the game with a poorly stat pokemon at level 100. So I appreciate not being called a cheater. I don't cheat, I never shark any of my other RPGs.

Posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX (Member # 3390) on 11-12-2003, 11:14 PM:

POKE I TOLD YOU THEY ARE THE ONES THAT CHEAT. THE USE GAMESHARK TO HACK OLD POKEMON AND LIE OUT OF THEIR ASS ABOUT IT. PIKA HACKS EVERY CODE HE HAS PROBABLY, I KNOW DAMN WELL UIRULOSER USES QUITE A FEW CODES, LANDERZ CAN'T GO WITHOUT THEM, THAT IS WHY HE IS SAYING IT IS CHEATING TO COVER HIS ASS. A POOR EXCUSE FOR A SO-CALLED PRO LMAO! THEY ALL SEEM TO HAVE THAT PROBLEM. THEY THINK THEY ARE PROS STILL. SO TO SUM IT ALL UP THEY ARE TWO-FACED LIARS THAT USE GAMESHARK, AND THEY CAN'T EVEN ANSWER ONE QUESTION ABOUT BERRIES, CONTESTS ETC. THEY ARE TRULY WANNABE LOSERS! LANDERZDUMBASS PROBABLY HACKED HIS WHOLE GAME TO HAVE ALL BADGES AND OBTAIN A FULL POKEDEX. I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED. IT ONLY MAKES SENSE THE IDIOT CAN'T NAME THE TOWNS AND HE TRIES TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK HE IS A PRO. OHH START ASKING IN DEPTH QUESTIONS TO URIULOSER ON BERRIES AND CONTESTS. HE WOULDN'T ANSWER THEM BECAUSE THE IDIOT DOESN'T KNOW AND GETS ALL THIS FAME FOR ALL THE STUDYING HE DOES ON THE WEB AND NEVER FIGURES OUT ANYTHING ON HIS OWN. PIKA OF ALL PEOPLE IS THE BIGGEST TWO-FACED ASSHOLE HERE. AS HE ALREADY DEMONSTRATED HE SAID THAT THERE IS A WAY TO MAX OUT ALL STATS COMPLETELY ABOVE 510. WELL DUH...! HOW WOULD HE KNOW THAT IF HE DIDN'T HACK IT HIMSELF?! LOL! PATHETIC! THESE PEOPLE ARE ALL FLAKES! THEY TELL YOU ONE THING, BUT DO IT LATER. KINDA LIKE THOSE PEOPLE ON TV THAT TELL YOU NOT TO DO DRUGS AND THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE THEM THEY GOT CAUGHT WITH A POUND OF WEED LOL. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU ALL ALONG POKE THESE PEOPLE RUIN AZURE HEIGHTS THEMSELVES BY ATTACKING PEOPLE. THEY ARE THEIR OWN PROBLEM. THEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THE PROBLEM AND PUT THE BLAME ON ME. THAT IS OK THOUGH I JUST THINK IT IS FUNNY IT COMES DOWN TO THAT LOL. HALF THE STUFF THEY TAKE CREDIT FOR YOU COULD FIGURE OUT ON YOUR OWN JUST BY PLAYING THE FRIGGIN GAME. EVEN GAMEFAQS HAS BETTER MORE EXPERIENCED PEOPLE. GO THERE, OR ANY OTHER NEWBIE GO TO GAMEFAQS AND LEAVE HERE. THIS PLACE IS GOING NOWHERE. OH MAN 137 IS HIDING OUT DARN. THEY KEEP ASKING ME TO USE CAPTS SO I DID.

Posted by LanderZRPG (Member # 1615) on 11-12-2003, 11:55 PM:

Oh, sorry if it came out wrong, WaterKing: I was just classifying it as what it is.

Also note what I said, earlier:
"But, yeah, I have no problem if people shark to save time. If someone sharks stuff that is not legal on the game, that's where I draw the line"

If you shark the EV's, DV's and whatnot, sure, have at it. But don't brag about sharking pokes to battle to get the EV's (It's like bragging about sharking pokes to breed for the poke you want... why not just shark the poke you want?). That was my point.

Oh, and DWIII = kickarsed game, unless you play stupid and cheat at the start by making lots of soldiers, selling their gear, etc. And getting the hero 8 starting spells... But, yeah, I loved that game.
(Pssst! The monster gambling thing cheats!)

.... Now I'll glance at the bold mess...

Not even going to bother quoting this garbage.

He mentions people suck here, but rock at GameFAQS...

http://gamefaqs.com/portable/gbcolor/game/25388.html
Tell me what the top name is.
Donald was amongst THE most foremost researchers of pre-RuSa time. And, if I remember correctly, was asked to write a player's guide for... Prima? Something like that.

Sharking... Didn't I just say [for like the 4th time in 2 weeks] that I don't have a shark? Yeesh. He keeps claiming I lied about something, but has yet to bring anything that might ressemble evidence of this forward.

And, duh, Pika knows how to get the HEX info... how else would Pika be able to get the codes that YOU use? Hypocrite.

As for blaming you.... well, as I've told you... Lots and lots of times, when you f*ck up, you deserve what you get. Most people learn from this. You keep coming back.

Posted by 137 (Member # 1465) on 11-13-2003, 05:35 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX:
OH MAN 137 IS HIDING OUT DARN.

Posted by Face (Member # 1916) on 11-13-2003, 06:45 PM:

Don't shark.

Posted by Pokewaterking (Member # 3509) on 11-13-2003, 11:11 PM:

what a disaster here. Wars are so evil. Tidus no offense but it has to end somewhere.

I understand where your coming from LanderZrpg. I don't brag anyway. I still have to get Saphire and start a game on that. Since I won't have to keep restarting new games on it, I will play the game without any shark at all. Now they have the e-cards out i won't have to worry about the berries either. So should be all set. I have to take some time away from pokemon playing the other games to get interested in it again.

[ 11-13-2003, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: Pokewaterking ]

Posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX (Member # 3390) on 12-01-2003, 01:35 PM:

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR PIKA. FIRST OFF I NEVER SAID IT WAS WRONG FOR YOU TO HACK GAMESHARK. I WAS SAYING THAT YOU MUST OF USED THE CODE TO KNOW IF IT WORKS AND THEREFORE YOU BROKE YOUR OWN RULES! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID! YOU MAXED OUT STATS OVER 510 AND YOUR TRYING TO COVER YOUR ASS. YOU WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO GO BEYOND THAT IF YOU NEVER TRIED IT. THE CODE JUST WOULDN'T EXIST. PIKA I ONLY GOT ON YOU BECAUSE YOU SEEM TO IGNORE EMAILS AND MESSAGES PEOPLE SEND YOU. IT IS FUCKING ANNOYING! GET YOUR ASS UP AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS PEOPLE HAVE FOR YOUR SHARK SITE, AFTER ALL YOU DID CREATE IT YOU DO HAVE FULL RESPONSIBILITY IN TAKING CARE OF THAT SORT OF THING. NOW YOU K NOW MY BEEF WITH YOU!

Posted by Donald (Member # 1551) on 12-01-2003, 04:17 PM:

drink up

Posted by pika (Member # 1908) on 12-02-2003, 09:09 AM:

i am too good for this world but at least it's the right topic here:

hacking a code and try out if it's working on an emulator (dumping the game before) is a different thing than using the codes on the real game.

Other than that have you ever read the gpl? there is a section like this:
quote:
NO WARRANTY

11. BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.

the same is true for my free codes. Because I am a nice guy I try to help anyone with problems but I DON'T NEED to

Posted by 137 (Member # 1465) on 12-03-2003, 03:25 AM:

See, no. BLISTEX isn't gonna understand that you DON'T NEED TO.

See, he is convinced that once he asks a question, you (or anyone else who knows the answer) should jump out of your seat to come to his aid. Simply because he is ignorant, we should all feel a stirring deep within our breast to rescue him in his time of need.

hah

Posted by Uiru (Member # 437) on 12-04-2003, 11:23 PM:

TIDUS, OUR SAVIOUR AND LORD: "UIRULOSER YOU SHARK"
UIRULOSER: "I don't own a GameShark."
TIDUS, OUR SAVIOUR AND LORD: "YOU SHARK YOU SHARK YOU SHARK"
UIRULOSER: "I don't even know what a GameShark looks like."
TIDUS, OUR SAVIOUR AND LORD: "OH MY GOD YOU'RE SUCH A CHEATER YOU DO ALL SORTS OF THINGS THAT MY LITTLE IMAGINATION THINKS UP EVEN THOUGH IT HAS NO BASIS IN REALITY OOH HEY THAT'S SHINY"
UIRULOSER: "..."

Who can tell me what's wrong with this conversation?
~Uiru

Posted by LanderZRPG (Member # 1615) on 12-05-2003, 12:41 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Uiru:

UIRULOSER: "I don't own a GameShark."
UIRULOSER: "I don't even know what a GameShark looks like."
~Uiru

*Sob* Neither do I

*Continues to hold his sides* Uiru's on a roll.... well, save for the bathroom one, but much 'lol' to the rest

Posted by Tghost (Member # 1418) on 12-05-2003, 06:25 PM:

This thread is obviously lost.

The sheer faggotness and resulting comedy gold here needs to head itself over to the Karp Park.

Posted by Uiru (Member # 437) on 12-06-2003, 12:47 PM:

T-boy won't go to Karp Park, though. He's 'helping' up here, after all.
~Uiru

Karpe Diem