This is topic Xploder - buy or not? + Stat Exp. Question in forum Sakaki Tower at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000654

Posted by Lark84 (Member # 1186) on 05-25-2001, 08:17 AM:

I had decided. I was going to buy a shark today. I called four stores, none of them had a shark.

However, one of the stores had something called the "Xploder". It supposedly works exactly like a GameShark, taking the same codes etc.

But does it work *exactly* like a gameshark? Do I just input the codes, turn on the switch and -KABLAM- I'm a cheater?

Or do I have to convert the codes somehow? Is it as reliable as a shark (will it mess up your game more often?)

And there's another question. Since I was getting a shark, I thought I'd look in sharkery section of AH. I'm mainly buying one to be able to max out SE quick. However... The codes here on AH also makes your pokémon have perfect genes. I don't want perfect genes, I want maximum Stat Exp. Do I just omit the max genes codes, or do I have to work my way around it somehow (some other code?)

That's all for now. I hope someone can answer my questions.

------------------
Me: Mick_Hale, you're right!
poccil: Mick_Hale isn't even posting on this topic.

Posted by Donald (Member # 1551) on 05-25-2001, 12:00 PM:

Don't enter the last two codes (the ones with FF). That'll keep your genes at their typical level.

------------------
I am your king! Bow down and worship me!! This message has been a test of the Emergency Monarch System. If this were a real monarchy, you'd already be wretched.

Posted by OrientalNoodle (Member # 616) on 05-25-2001, 01:30 PM:

Larkie: I couldn't find a GS in Finland, but I DID find an Xploder. Bought it. Works the same way as a Shark does, has worked at least for my Red. Haven't risked Gold yet; I have a summer job and then I'm gonna buy Silver (And GBA! MWAHAHAHA!)

------------------
This is a sig. Do not think as a subliminal message, saying "Give all your money to OrientalNoodle".

Posted by Lark84 (Member # 1186) on 05-26-2001, 04:03 AM:

Unfortunately when I called the shop today, the Xploders were all sold out. They won't get new ones for at least 2-3 weeks.

I never imagined finding a shark would be such a hard thing to do. Appearantly, cheating is not as common as I thought.

*waits* Stupid flood control...

------------------
Me: Mick_Hale, you're right!
poccil: Mick_Hale isn't even posting on this topic.

Karpe Diem