This is topic What are shiny/golden pokemon, and how do I get them? in forum Sakaki Tower at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000585

Posted by Tom (Member # 1482) on 01-31-2001, 12:43 PM:

What are shiny/golden pokemon, and how do I get them?

------------------
Tom Lappas

Posted by poccil (Member # 1457) on 01-31-2001, 01:08 PM:

Shiny Pokemon have a DV of 10 for all stats (except for HP, which has a DV of 0). You have a 1 in 65536 chance of meeting a Shiny Pokemon. You can't run away from a shiny Pokemon battle.

------------------
P. Occil

Posted by Tom (Member # 1482) on 01-31-2001, 02:22 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by poccil:
Shiny Pokemon have a DV of 10 for all stats (except for HP, which has a DV of 0). You have a 1 in 65536 chance of meeting a Shiny Pokemon. You can't run away from a shiny Pokemon battle.

Would I get better pokemon if they were shiny, or if I used max stat gameshark codes on normal pokemon. Also, what does DV stand for?

------------------
Tom Lappas

Posted by Lark84 (Member # 1186) on 02-01-2001, 01:10 PM:

Shiney's aren't the best. And actually, the HP DV can be 0, um, and some other numbers. IIRC, a Shiny has a 50% chance of having crap for HP, so it has to be more DV's than 0 that triggers it.

Go for 5-way-maxed ones.

And DV means diversification value, or determination value, or just simply deter value.

------------------
I shall catch my 5-way-max Vileplume some day! Then, I shall rule the world with it by my side!

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 02-02-2001, 02:10 AM:

The HP gene can be either 0 or 8, and the Attack gene can be several things (xx1x in binary).

------------------
The star of the "I Am Canadian" beer commercials is now looking for work in the United States. How Canadian can you get?

Karpe Diem