This is topic **SPOILER: Don't read if you want to CLONE### in forum Sakaki Tower at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000402

Posted by jedi_DOJ (Member # 844) on 10-17-2000, 03:26 PM:

I've tested the cloning thing and it works. Cloning from RBY to GS works the same as before.

GS to GS works with the boxes. I found it on gamefaqs. MewtwoSama warned about a glitch on Box 8 which "loses" your pokemon.

Duplicate Items/Clone Pokemon (japanese version)
Go to a PC, and save. Attach the item you want to duplicate to the Pokemon you want to clone. Deposit it into the PC. Change boxes. When the screen is saying "Saving the game..." Turn off your GB. Turn it back on. You should have the deposited Pokemon in the PC, and a clone of it in your lineup. The item will either be on both monsters, or in your Backpack. Note: while doing this code, DO NOT withdraw any Pokemon. When the GB is turned back on, you'll find that the withdrawn Pokemon has been deleted. Note: You can duplicate up to 5 items/Pokemon at a time.
Submitted by David Dowsing

------------------

Posted by MewtwoSama (Member # 12) on 10-17-2000, 04:01 PM:

Also, if you use the time machine, the old cloning trick works.
- Not Submitted by David Dowsing

Is this old news?

------------------
MewtwoSama
A viscous, Psychic Pokemon that was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments. It's DNA is almost the same as MEW's. However, it's size and disposition are vastly different. It's cold, glowing eyes strike fear into it's enemies. It usually remains motionless to conserve energy, so that it may unleash it's full power in battle.

Posted by # 1 Human Hater (Member # 674) on 10-18-2000, 05:26 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by jedi_DOJ:
Duplicate Items/Clone Pokemon (japanese version)
Go to a PC, and save. Attach the item you want to duplicate to the Pokemon you want to clone. Deposit it into the PC. Change boxes. When the screen is saying "Saving the game..." Turn off your GB. Turn it back on. You should have the deposited Pokemon in the PC, and a clone of it in your lineup. The item will either be on both monsters, or in your Backpack. Note: while doing this code, DO NOT withdraw any Pokemon. When the GB is turned back on, you'll find that the withdrawn Pokemon has been deleted. Note: You can duplicate up to 5 items/Pokemon at a time.
Submitted by David Dowsing

I (and most of UPNetwok) have known that works for the english version for quite a while. I didn't find anything wrong with box 8, though.

------------------
The Allmightyy Fungi
God must have liked stupid people. Just look arround you.

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 10-21-2000, 06:44 AM:

Box 8 doesn't "lose" your Pokemon, it just deletes the name so it doesn't show up in lists. Box 7 did the same thing in the Japanese versions.

------------------
"This is Canada speaking. Give us all your stuff, or we'll annihilate you."
-- Mike Bullard

Posted by Jedah (Member # 20) on 10-23-2000, 05:11 PM:

"I (and most of UPNetwok) have known that works for the english version for quite a while."

Except this is now legit, not Jaxel made-up shit.

------------------
Sweet and to the point.
AOL IM: TR Hayama Akito
Team Rocket UK
Hayama Akito is my God - why isn't he yours?
If you don't have Funzo, you're NOBODY!
Liberated from UPN.

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 10-25-2000, 10:34 AM:

Not to mention that Meowth346 discovered this long before the game was released in English...

------------------
"This is Canada speaking. Give us all your stuff, or we'll annihilate you."
-- Mike Bullard

Posted by DGenerateKane (Member # 1062) on 11-02-2000, 11:34 PM:

No boxes lose pokemon. You lose a pokemon if you did the order wrong.

i.e. When you turn on the game you withdraw the pokemon to clone. Then change boxes and turn off the gameboy. Turn it back on and you have no pokemon instead of the original and a clone.

I unfortunately did this with Tyrogue(pre-evolution of hitmontop) So I had to use gameshark to catch a wild one.

------------------
Accept the Lord of Darkness as your saviour

Karpe Diem