This is topic What the hell are these? in forum Sakaki Tower at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000372

Posted by kelv (Member # 843) on 09-24-2000, 01:12 PM:

While I was checking the Read Mes for sharking all around the web, the attack modifiers list two attacks named Bird and Hide. What the hell are they?

I also found out the code to fight Giovanni in the Game Corner again is the same one as the code for fighting Jessie and James in the Game Corner (yellow-specific problem, code is 01001AD8). What the hell is going on?

I also found two codes for changing monster pics (01xxD9CF and 01xx64D1), and two codes for enemy status mods (01xxE9CF and 01xx18D0). Which one is the real deal?

What the hell does buying the badges do?

Finally, what the hell is a Pacific Pikachu?

------------------
Kids hog the back of the bus. Adults hog the front of the bus. So why are kids being encouraged to move to the front of the bus while adults are encouraged to move to the back of the bus?

Posted by Rysto (Member # 24) on 09-24-2000, 01:54 PM:

Hide is a typo, I'd assume. I think that it was supposed to be Bide, as its not on the list. Not sure about Bird, though.

------------------

Posted by kelv (Member # 843) on 09-24-2000, 08:03 PM:

That settles that problem: turns out that both are typos. Bird is supposed to be Bind and Hide is supposed to be Bide.

But with one problem comes another: why is there two quantity digits for PP Ups? What the hell is with that?

------------------
Kids hog the back of the bus. Adults hog the front of the bus. So why are kids being encouraged to move to the front of the bus while adults are encouraged to move to the back of the bus?

Posted by kelv (Member # 843) on 09-24-2000, 10:16 PM:

What the hell is with 01xx6FD1 (the status code)? Does it control yours or your opponent's status? The quantifier digits for the code goes from 0 to 7, but xx is two digits. What the hell is with that? What the hell is with "0-3 Rounds Asleep"? I just don't get this code.

------------------

Posted by starCaliber (Member # 268) on 09-24-2000, 11:47 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by kelv:
what the hell is a Pacific Pikachu?
Surfing Pikachu.

------------------
"Every time I beg for money, I gotta pay it back."
-TeeJay, on how his life is hard.

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 09-25-2000, 03:55 AM:

But with one problem comes another: why is there two quantity digits for PP Ups?

One only works outside of battle (these are the normal ones you find in the game), one only works while in a battle. Dunno why they made both, though. The digits are 32 and 4F, but I forget which is which.

------------------
"We both fell into a Vileplume's head."
-- Tracey

Posted by KingZapdos (Member # 672) on 09-25-2000, 11:27 PM:

Pacific Pikachu erases your first pokemon's first move and replaces it with surf

------------------

Posted by JDonald (Member # 126) on 09-25-2000, 11:29 PM:

quote:
I also found out the code to fight Giovanni in the Game Corner again is the same one as the code for fighting Jessie and James in the Game Corner (yellow-specific problem, code is 01001AD8). What the hell is going on?

It is correct. This is because Giovanni's "being-beaten" is stored in the same byte as Jesse&James's "being-beaten". An additional code is required for Jesse&James to make them appear.

------------------
-jdonald

Posted by kelv (Member # 843) on 09-25-2000, 11:35 PM:

What the hell is the code?

------------------

Posted by JDonald (Member # 126) on 09-26-2000, 12:35 AM:

quote:
What the hell is the code?

Your original message implied that you had seen these codes.

Yellow:
010137D8
0100BCD5
- Giovanni (Silph Co.)

010036D8
0100BCD5
- Jessie & James (Silph Co.)

------------------
-jdonald

Posted by kelv (Member # 843) on 09-26-2000, 06:33 PM:

Must have skipped one. But JDonald, I didn't ask for Silph (but thanks anyway), I asked for Game Corner.

------------------

Posted by Footitch (Member # 663) on 09-26-2000, 07:29 PM:

Kelv, i love your sig, i just had to say it.

Karpe Diem