This is topic Why don't people answer questions in here? in forum Complaints Dept. at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000462

Posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX (Member # 3390) on 08-16-2003, 01:00 PM:

Ok people I know most of you are pros in here. Though when someone asks a question no one answers until I do. Why don't you answer questions regardless if they sound stupid?
I really needed Uiru's help especially. I had waited over 10 days for the answer to the question and he still has not answered me. He likes to pick people apart like some of you do only when someone answers a question but he does not like to answer the questions like some of you. Why is this? If it was me I would answer any questions someone has regardless. I don't see the whole idea of getting annoyed by questions.
So please people if you have the answer just answer it ok? then I won't have to answer something I don't know and have people pick me apart like so....
-

Posted by Dark_Herakurosu (Member # 1677) on 08-16-2003, 09:22 PM:

One, if people are picking apart your posts then you're being ignorant. Two, not everyone browses the forums all day. Some people visit two or one time a week. Third, I doubt anyone wants to answer a question if one can easily find the answer.

Posted by TeLeFonE (Member # 2293) on 08-16-2003, 09:44 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Herakurosu:
One, if people are picking apart your posts then you're being ignorant. Two, not everyone browses the forums all day. Some people visit two or one time a week. Third, I doubt anyone wants to answer a question if one can easily find the answer.

Perfect.

Posted by Tghost (Member # 1418) on 08-17-2003, 05:27 AM:

See answer to your topic "WHY SOMETIMES PEOPLE DON'T ANSWER QUESTIONS IN HERE?" in Information Booth.

Posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX (Member # 3390) on 08-17-2003, 02:46 PM:

I didn't just post that for me, I posted that for other people that ask questions which are not easy to pick up, such as mirage Island, certain move combos, or berry mix questions. That didn't really answer my questions completely. I am not ignorant, I also am not on here all day either. I come on maybe once or twice a day for maybe 10 mins at least.

I don't think I asked any questions that were obvious.

I don't think I am better than anyone else here, I think there is things I know enough to help people with while others sit around and avoid the questions regardless if they are easy to figure out or hard to figure out.

Posted by Tghost (Member # 1418) on 08-18-2003, 03:14 AM:

http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=pntf

Look at the visitor counts for all the Pogeymon forums.

Ponder for a while.

Posted by Turbo X (Member # 1808) on 08-18-2003, 08:12 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX:
I didn't just post that for me, I posted that for other people that ask questions which are not easy to pick up, such as mirage Island, certain move combos, or berry mix questions.

See other topic. Or, if you are too lazy, this is mainly an RBY forum. No "mirage island" or "berry mix" questions exist. And if you bring up the topic of "but look, there is a GSC and RuSa forum here already", the mods could just as easily take those forums away and strictly stick with RBY like back in the good ol' days.

Posted by Tenshi no Myu (Member # 1120) on 08-18-2003, 01:18 PM:

*shrug* Azure isn't the treasure tove of pokemon thought like it used to be...there are only a few people left here who still care to discuss the games.

I understand that. Heck, I've been here from the heyday through the entire decline, and its just how things have become.

Places like GameFAQs and Netbattle have okay forums, even if you can't take all the info there as gospel. It just means that you need to research stuff yourself more nowadays, which is okay. Hexagonal Research, Pokemon Forever, and White Cat's page are good sources of info about moves and game mechanics.

Of course, its best to discuss strategy w/other people, but Azure isn't the only place you can do that at.

Posted by XtreamWarrior53 (Member # 3495) on 08-26-2003, 05:58 PM:

Well time for someone to step in and settle this argument.

First we will start with Tidus. Nothing against you I am sure you had good intentions for your posting but we won't win any friends this way. You might want to hold back what you say, sometimes things can get to peoples heads.

As for the rest of you, including Uiru. I don't think it is right to attack Tidus for trying to help someone when no one may have the time to help them. If he knows the answer let him post it. If he is a little bit off so what, you can always post and add to what he said. Theres no reason for attacking anyone.

Back to Uiru. I read what Tidus wrote in the private message. Yes it was a little hostile, I can also say that you came on a little strong too. Neither one of you were right. If he was annoying you, you should of just told him. I would be pretty angry too if someone attacked me like that.

Now back to Tidus, the best advice I can give you is to just not say anything at all, and continue to help people if you have the answers. Don't let your anger get the worst of you. I am sure that there are allot of nice people here who were all caught up in a nasty chain reaction.

I feel like a parent lol. Someone had to settle this. So everyone, let's all get along. Not everyone has the right answer or the wrong answer to questions.

Heh it has been long time since I have been here

[Smile] I hope I worked things out for you all and keep the peace!

Posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX (Member # 3390) on 08-26-2003, 06:03 PM:

thanks xstreamwarrior, I agree with you. When you first told me about this place way back when my intentions were to help those who need it and get info i needed. Thanks again...

Posted by Bugcatcher Ed (Member # 3289) on 09-10-2003, 03:14 PM:

Speaking for myself, I love it when I can help someone else, but I don't always have time to respond to a question. People are only doing this for love/fun, so you have to be tolerant.

Karpe Diem