This is topic Fast Evolution in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001439

Posted by falkel (Member # 3788) on 06-02-2005, 06:45 AM:

I think I've seen on some website that evolving a Pokemon twice within too short a time causes that Pokemon some sort of sickness, altough I can't find the source. Is this true? If yes, what effects does this sickness have?

Posted by Kingler (Member # 2316) on 06-02-2005, 11:04 AM:

The "sickness" you speak of was first manifested in the GSC versions of the game. It has nothing to do with evolution of the pokemon. It can only be contracted through contact with wild pokemon or infected pokemon already in your possession. The effect of "Pokerus" is kinda complex from what I remember. It's ultimate benefit is to give that pokemon double the stat experience it would usually get in a battle. Your pokemon will lose the infection if it is kept in your party and your clock hits midnight. If you want to leave it infected make sure to stow that pokemon in the boxes before the clock strikes 12. The main screen will show the pokemons infected status. If they have had it and were cured it will have a little dot that represents that. Hope this helps.

Posted by Uiru (Member # 437) on 06-02-2005, 11:56 PM:

It's a bitch to get it. Once you have it, guard it with your life. Spread it immediately and then box everything, and for good measure spread it some more among crap you don't usually use. These can be stored in the box indefinitely. Whenever you want to train a new Pokémon, take one of these guys out and take out a fresh party along with it. Spread it to everyone and then box anything you aren't using.

I, personally, didn't find it in my game. One of my friends got it and I managed to get him to let me have some too. Though today I did find a shiny Pidgey. Woo.
~Uiru

Posted by Porygone (Member # 805) on 06-03-2005, 10:33 PM:

One time I started a new game, beat my rival, got my 'dex, caught three or four Zigzagoon, checked their natures, BAM. PokeRus.

Karpe Diem