This is topic Breeding query in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001438

Posted by Brand Nizzle (Member # 3719) on 05-22-2005, 05:58 PM:

Basically, I only breed for egg moves only, and I need some help with breeding tm moves before I waste my time.

Okay, say I teach earthquake to a male Altaria and breed it with a female Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence. Since the resulting egg will be the lowest stage of the female, (Bagon) will it recieve the earthquake move even though it can't learn the earthquake tm until it is in its Salamence form?

Posted by Porygone (Member # 805) on 05-22-2005, 08:14 PM:

No. A move will only pass on to the child if it can learn it via leveling up (in that case, both parents must know the move), if the Pokemon can learn it via TM, and/or if it's an Egg Move for that species.

Because Bagon cannot learn Earthquake by any of these means, it cannot get Earthquake.

Posted by MK (Member # 1445) on 05-22-2005, 10:20 PM:

If you have Emerald, and a Zigzagoon at a high enough level, you can actually "PickUp" the TM for Earthquake, very handy...

Posted by Brand Nizzle (Member # 3719) on 05-23-2005, 01:06 AM:

Bummer. Means I'll have to restart one of my carts. Even if I go with the Zigzagoon route, it'd take longer in the long run considering I'd have to level the thing up to nearly 100, and even then its not certain i'll even pick it up since the chances are extremely slim. God I wish the duplicate trick would still work. [Frown]

But yeah, thanks for the help guys.

Posted by Cullen (Member # 3547) on 05-23-2005, 09:01 AM:

If you are going to restart then play with a team of zigzagoons (preferably traded in from another cart for the exp bonus). It only takes 600,000 exp to get a level 100 Linoone, which takes no time at all.

I did this when I played through Sapphire and now I've got plenty of high level Linoones for TM26 harvesting in Emerald.

[ 05-23-2005, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Cullen ]

Karpe Diem