This is topic WTF happened to Spore? :insert angry smiley here: in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001435

Posted by Brand Nizzle (Member # 3719) on 05-11-2005, 02:44 AM:

I found a lovely little Shroomish with an adamant nature about 2 days ago, trained it up via an exp. share until it learned spore, and then evolved it into a Breloom today, right before facing Steven in the Elite 4. I of course was intent on using the focus punch/spore combo, and awaited to send it out against Steven's last three: Aggron, Cradily and Armaldo. The spore/focus punch combo unsurprisingly destroyed Aggron and Cradily in one hit. Then came Armaldo...

I get off the first move and Spore it, Armaldo is asleep. I ready focus punch, and Armaldo wakes up THE VERY NEXT TURN, aerial aces poor Breloom, and it faints. What gives? Has the sleep affect been changed to 1-4 turns in RuSa instead of 2-4 turns per usual? If so, I just spent 10+ hours wasting my time on Breloom. [Frown]

[ 05-11-2005, 03:18 AM: Message edited by: Brand Nizzle ]

Posted by Uiru (Member # 437) on 05-11-2005, 08:31 AM:

I was under the impression that Sleep was always 1-8 since forever, except in Stadium games, where it was 1-4.
~Uiru

Posted by Brand Nizzle (Member # 3719) on 05-12-2005, 11:36 PM:

Eh, I never used sleep enough to remember the amount of turns in RBY, but in GSC my Parasect always kept opponents asleep for 2-4 turns (in stadium at least, as thats where I did all my battling).

Posted by Bugcatcher Ed (Member # 3289) on 05-13-2005, 06:05 PM:

I think in RBY, it was 2 - 8 turns.

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 05-20-2005, 03:26 AM:

In R/B/Y/G/S/C, sleeping Pokemon miss up to seven turns.
In the Stadium and Advance games, sleeping Pokemon miss up to three turns.

Karpe Diem