This is topic Sketching Explosion/Self Destruct in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001428

Posted by Rudoku (Member # 3451) on 08-26-2004, 02:50 PM:

I was wondering if you could do this an R/S/FR/LG 2-vs.-2? Basically, have a Damp pokemon out, something tries to blow up, fails, and let Smeargle sketch it. I dont think it'll work, but I'm curious.

Posted by MK (Member # 1445) on 08-26-2004, 07:59 PM:

Does Damp prevent an Explosion from happening? If the move fails, then it probably can't be sketched...

But it's worth a short... anyone wanna test?

Posted by Cullen (Member # 3547) on 08-27-2004, 03:31 AM:

I believe there is a glitch in R/S that means any move can be sketched. Basically Sketch copies the last move that the other player selected not actually used (i.e. saw the animation for it). So if a pokemon was asleep and the sleeping poke selected Explosion as it's move Sketch should copy it, even though the poke is fast asleep.

I haven't tested this myself so can anyone confirm? Should be too hard to set up - all you need is to get something with Explosion as it's only move into one of your Secret Bases, and have a faster Sporer on your team.

Posted by MK (Member # 1445) on 08-28-2004, 05:43 AM:

I made a post earlier today thanking you but it seems to have disapeared... Did an evil mod destroy it?

Either way, thanks for the info on the glitch, did not know of that...

Posted by PikachuThunder (Member # 22) on 11-20-2004, 07:32 PM:

I just tested this and it worked like a charm.

On Seven Island in Fire Red/Leaf Green, there is a Young Couple that uses Psyduck and Golduck in Double Battle. Both of these Pokémon have the Damp ability. Face them with a Smeargle and an Exploder. Have the Exploder try to go boom and Smeargle try to Skecth it. Make sure the exploder will go before Smeargle, of course. When Explosion fails, the user will still be around and Smeargle will be able to Skecth Explosion!

Posted by Dark_Togetic (Member # 3418) on 11-23-2004, 04:11 PM:

Speaking of Sketch... Does the trick to make Ditto learn *any* move work in RuSa/FireLeaf? o.o

http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/ultimatebb.php?ub b=get_topic;f=1;t=001253

If it still works, then that means we can finally have Exploding Dittos. *¬*

[EDIT: Nevermind... Finished reading the last posts on that topic. >_<]

[ 11-23-2004, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Dark_Togetic ]

Karpe Diem