This is topic I seem to need some help regarding Choice Band use... @_@ in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001427

Posted by Dark_Togetic (Member # 3418) on 08-13-2004, 12:06 AM:

From what I understand, Choice Band increases the Attack of the Pokémon holding it by 50%, while allowing only the use of the first move selected, regardless if it's a non-damaging move, like Bulk Up, until the Pokémon switches or runs out of PP for that move. If the later happens, then the Pokémon uses Struggle for one turn, and then it is allowed to choose another move.
However, someone on another site's board claims Choice Band allows the selection of another move as long as it doesn't do damage, then lets you choose all over again. I'm guessing this statement is false, but I'm asking just in case... Hexagonal Reasearch doesn't have information about it at the moment.

Posted by Donald (Member # 1551) on 08-13-2004, 02:12 PM:

Short answer: If you have a Choice Band and use Belly Drum, you're a fucking moron.

Long answer: If you use a non-damaging move with a Choice Band, you'll keep using the move. It's the same as what would happen if you used a Special attack.

Posted by TeLeFonE (Member # 2293) on 08-13-2004, 02:45 PM:

Which is why Trick/Choice Band onto a special attacker or support pokemon is potentially useful..

Posted by Dark_Togetic (Member # 3418) on 08-13-2004, 05:47 PM:

'K, then I guess I can just ignore that person or stop visiting those boards... =o
Thanks for clearing that up.

Karpe Diem