This is topic groudon earthquake glitch in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001369

Posted by wooper in the house (Member # 2237) on 09-19-2003, 04:00 AM:

I was taking on the elite four with a lv 100 groudon, and I used earthquake on dusclops (I was using exp share to train up a flygon) when I noticed that for every earthquake, 2 pp was being taken off. It went back to normal when my pp got down to 6/10, and it continues to happen. Sorry if this has already been brought up but I have only just come back here after two years in exile. This glitch is really getting to freaking annoy me... [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Confused]

Posted by 137 (Member # 1465) on 09-19-2003, 04:19 AM:

Okay, you've got one that belongs in the research lab.

Posted by Tghost (Member # 1418) on 09-19-2003, 06:59 AM:

Pressure trait of the opposing Pokemon.

It's not a glitch, it's a feature.

Posted by D-Teclis (Member # 974) on 09-19-2003, 04:06 PM:

Maybe this post will be moved,but I wanted to know:what happen in a 2 vs 2 battle when a whole team has this trait?

Posted by wooper in the house (Member # 2237) on 09-21-2003, 01:25 AM:

Is there any way of determining whether one of my own pokemon has this pressure trait?

Posted by D-Teclis (Member # 974) on 09-21-2003, 05:22 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by wooper in the house:
Is there any way of determining whether one of my own pokemon has this pressure trait?

Yeah,it's a normal trait,so look at his datas (attack,stat,place of encounter...)

Posted by Continue (Member # 31) on 09-22-2003, 01:17 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by D-Teclis:
Maybe this post will be moved,but I wanted to know:what happen in a 2 vs 2 battle when a whole team has this trait?

I don't see a reason to move it myself. It seems like a perfectly legitimate question for the Research Lab.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here, so I'll just note Pressure's exact behavior: A pokemon that uses a move which includes the pokemon with the Pressure ability will have the PP of that move reduced by 2 instead of the standard 1. What this means is that a pokemon that uses a move that only targets itself will not be subject to the effects of Pressure. Likewise, when in a 2-vs-2 battle if one opposing pokemon has the Pressure ability and one doesn't, when the pokemon that does not is the only pokemon targetted (for instance, with Hyper Beam), the move's PP will only be reduced by 1. Use of any moves which target both opposing pokemon or all pokemon on the field will have their PP reduced by 2.

If your question is specifically referring to both opposing pokemon in a 2-vs-2 battle having the Pressure ability, then any move targetted at the opposing pokemon will have its PP reduced by 2 when it is used.

Posted by D-Teclis (Member # 974) on 09-22-2003, 04:50 PM:

sometimes,I'm not really clear (this thread was in another forum before research lab)

hmm
But,in fact,my question is stupid and useless.It was more about using earthquake ,and 2 pokemons that are hit have pressure.

Posted by Continue (Member # 31) on 09-23-2003, 11:19 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by D-Teclis:
sometimes,I'm not really clear (this thread was in another forum before research lab)

hmm
But,in fact,my question is stupid and useless.It was more about using earthquake ,and 2 pokemons that are hit have pressure.

My bad, I answered everything but the obvious, considering the context.

If both opposing pokemon are targetted and they both have the Pressure ability, the PP usage for the move will be 3 instead of 1.

I guess that would make the description of Pressure more accurate if it said that it caused the PP usage to increase by 1.

I'm not sure what would happen in the case of Earthquake being used and all the other pokemon have the Pressure ability (including the allied pokemon), since I never checked. Presumably, that would make the PP usage as 4 each time Earthquake was used.

Karpe Diem