This is topic Findings about Pokérus in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001195

Posted by JP Nogueira (Member # 962) on 05-13-2002, 05:20 PM:

Well... I was searching informations about pokérus here, and since I haven't seen nothing about what I found... here they go!

1- An Egg can be contamined by pokérus. The baby will be born with Pokérus status.

2- An Egg can also become immune to pokérus if you have it on your belt for 24h. This means that the baby will be born with that dot over HP bar.

So, no need to breed an egg with "sick" parents. Just put it in the belt while training someone with the virus.

I think some of you know this, but, like I said, since I found nothing about this here...

Posted by Uiru (Member # 437) on 05-17-2002, 07:52 AM:

I'm about to hit 200 hours on my Silver game (which has never ever been restarted; and I intend to keep it that way [Big Grin] ) and I've never gotten a whiff of Pokérus. Goldenrod City must be a fairly sterile environment... damn eggs...

Where exactly is this dot, BTW?
~Uiru

Posted by JP Nogueira (Member # 962) on 05-17-2002, 05:31 PM:

I got pokérus with almost 600 hours of gameplay [Smile]

The dot means that your pokémon is now immune to pokérus, and no longer suffers its effect (stat exp x1.5).

Posted by jshadias (Member # 2710) on 05-17-2002, 06:02 PM:

Suffers its effect? More like "enjoys the benefit of".

Posted by Jason (Member # 2843) on 05-17-2002, 09:19 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by jshadias:
Suffers its effect? More like "enjoys the benefit of".

You forget that Pokérus is considered a virus. Viruses make you feel bad, but when they are gone your immune system gets better - making you a stronger person overall. It has to be that way when Pokémon get the Pokérus virus. For a while they will be in a bad mood, but before long it makes them quite strong.

Posted by Sean A. (Member # 2277) on 05-19-2002, 06:57 PM:

A neat little thing about the immunity is you can get rid of it by trading the pokémon to r/b/y if possible. When you bring it back, the dot is gone :-D

Posted by Mu (Member # 28) on 05-20-2002, 03:15 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Jason:
You forget that Pokérus is considered a virus. Viruses make you feel bad, but when they are gone your immune system gets better - making you a stronger person overall. It has to be that way when Pokémon get the Pokérus virus. For a while they will be in a bad mood, but before long it makes them quite strong.

Quick!
Somebody fetch this man a beginning course in biology!

Posted by MK (Member # 1445) on 05-20-2002, 09:42 PM:

I'm very confident that even when your Pokémon are cured of the PokéRus (the dot they get) they STILL get the stat experience boost. They can just no longer contaminate others and give other pkmn the Rus...

Knowing this, it is best to have a Pokémon who still has the Rus in a box on the PC. A Pokémon with the RUS in a PC Box never gets cured as long as it is in there, so, when you get the PokéRus, make it spread to a couple of Magikarp and keep them boxed, then, when you're ready to train new pkmn, take out the karp, make them contaminate your new pkmn, then box the karp again...

- - - - -
Les femmes qui montrent des images de leurs boobs dans cet endroit me rendent très heureux.

Posted by Haunter_girl (Member # 1866) on 05-26-2002, 01:45 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Uiru:
Where exactly is this dot, BTW?
~Uiru

The dot is on the first status page, above the right end of the health bar.
And yeah, the effect of the Pokerus doesn't wear off after it's cured.

Posted by SongBear88 (Member # 2145) on 06-08-2002, 03:22 PM:

I have had pokeRUS two times but I found out about them after my pokemon were cured. So I wasn't able to save the virus:(.

Posted by JP Nogueira (Member # 962) on 06-08-2002, 04:15 PM:

Well... another thing I found! A pokémon infected and traded to RBY, will have no trace of infection when it is brought back to GSC! No status Pokérus or even the dot over the life bar.

So... my question is... how is the virus information added to a pokémon? Where in the game structure is it hidden?

Karpe Diem