This is topic Quick research I did with Present and Pain Split in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001072

Posted by MK (Member # 1445) on 11-01-2001, 02:28 PM:

All of the following examples took place on Stadium G/S

Ok, just incase you all don't know, Present and Pain Split are both Normal Attacks (or atleast that's what they "claim" to be)

Example One:

Delibird Vs. Misdreavous

Delibird uses Present
The Move doesn't affect Misdreavous

So, Present won't work against a Ghost type. I only tested it once. I wonder if it determines anything at all though? Like, maybe the damage part of Present won't take place but maybe the "restore HP" option could? Either way, I used it once and the game said doesn't affect.

Example #2

Misdreavous Vs. Gastly

Despite Pain Split being a Normal type attack it works against Gastly.

But, here's the neat part which I have discovered previously by accident... Pain Split can miss! It works off accuracy. If Gastly had Double Teamed Up, Pain Split could have missed.

I know some of this may be insignificant almost to the point of worthless knowledge, but, I felt like posting my findings anyway

This is the first time I have really even dealt with Present majorly or something. I know that when you use it, it will either hurt or aid the opponent. Anyone know how it works on Stadium? I heard that on G/S there was a glitch or somethin that TYPE determined how much damage it did or somethin? If anyone has any info plz reply, thanks...

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 11-01-2001, 08:30 PM:

That Pain Split thing happened to me as well when my Weezing was up against Koga's 6 DT Crobat on stadium. I got the first one to hit (then I assumed it always hit no matter what) Then the second time it missed

Posted by Mu (Member # 28) on 11-02-2001, 09:36 AM:

http://www.myplanet.net/weaselgrip/spunman/move/present.htm
That's on GS

Stadium it will have a base power of 40, 80 or 120 and either deals damage or heals however much pops out the other side.

Karpe Diem