This is topic What happened here? in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001023

Posted by ThumbsOfSteel (Member # 1922) on 09-03-2001, 10:03 AM:

I was using the Multiply items trick on an earthquake TM in R/B/Y, and instead of Missingno. or M, I was sucked into battle with a cooltrainer. He had 6 L32 pokemon. He lead with something messed up that I can't remember, but it looked something like a picture of a horse, then a nidorino, then missingno., then another nidorino, then flareon, and I forget the last one. All but Missingno. and the flareon had nicknames with missingno. picture shit. This was in blue version. At the end of the battle, I had the TM multiplied like normal. WTF?

Posted by Mewone (Member # 1694) on 09-03-2001, 10:27 AM:

I've had that happen before. It's just a weird glitch that sometimes happens. What I find werid though, is when I kinda move my batteries a bit that my game makes that glitchy sound where the music is all weird, and I can walk through walls after the battle. Seriously!

Posted by JolteonG3 (Member # 2146) on 09-03-2001, 11:40 AM:

This occurs if you have certain characters in the 3rd, 5th, or 7th places in your trainer name. These characters, which would usually trigger Pokemon (over level 100), instead trigger glitchy trainers. Characters that will do this are ones like the Male/Female characters, the PK and the MN, etc.

Karpe Diem