This is topic Roar! but please do not go away in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000924

Posted by Sean1952 (Member # 1902) on 07-12-2001, 11:53 AM:

I have seen Roar fail when used against my pokemon by wild pokemon. Does anyone know what could increase the odds in my favor of this happening? High Level pokemon? Type differences? *Item held*? Any real data at all would help. Sean

------------------
IMHO,
Sean

Posted by Preacher (Member # 1600) on 07-12-2001, 01:37 PM:

Anything that alters EvAcc such as double team, sand attack etc.

------------------
. I've been here a lot longer than a month. I had read before I registered so don't think I just started coming in February. Jerk.

Linkin2874 on discovering the maturbatory goodness of Azure Heights

Posted by MK (Member # 1445) on 07-12-2001, 03:31 PM:

If a wild Pokémon uses Roar on your Pokémon, it forces you to switch to another Pokémon in your party, I think.

-MK

Posted by Sean1952 (Member # 1902) on 07-12-2001, 05:12 PM:

No, Roar makes your pokemon flee, and stops you from catching/fainting that pokemon. I am trying to catch Entei and such and they Roar alot. I could keep throwing balls at them, but they keep going away even with mean look.

Thank you all for the good advice for catching pokemon.
Sean

...so confusion does not add to the chance of catching a pokemon?

------------------
IMHO,
Sean

Posted by naraht (Member # 1997) on 07-16-2001, 03:31 AM:

Mean Look, and other "holding" moves won't hold a roar-er. A Wrap/Fire Spin/Etc. Move will. Best advice, spore/sleep powder/sing/hyp./etc to put the fast little buugger to sleep, Get him down to one HP, and start chucking Fast/Heavy/Level(if your pokemon are high enough leveled/Master (If you got lucky w/Lucky Numbers) and start thinking up names.

Speaking of Catching Legendaries, what were people's stradegy's in R/B/Y?

Mine was use Lapras to Put Articuno to sleep, then use an electric to kill the HP, and Ultra Ball, then Use Articuno to Ice Beam Zapdos & Moltres...

------------------

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 07-17-2001, 07:08 AM:

A Wrap/Fire Spin/Etc. Move will [hold a Roar-er].

I highly doubt that. Have you tested it?

------------------
"His ferocity is legendary - his anger against injustice blazes like a six-alarm fire within him."
-- Transformers: Car Robots Optimus Prime tech spec

Posted by Iyse (Member # 149) on 07-20-2001, 01:56 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by naraht:
Speaking of Catching Legendaries, what were people's stradegy's in R/B/Y?

Hmmm... Well, I had Gloom at a pretty high level for what it was, I think 64 against Zapdos, so I evolved him and used Sleep Powder, then I switched out to Charizard, or whatever starter Pokemon I had, and then nailed him down to low HP, if he woke up, I switched to Gloom again and used Powder. Then I used Zapdos to catch the other two using the same method with Gloom.

But that was my starter strategy... When I got Yellow, I trnasferred all my shit on to that game, and hence had no problem with a lvl 100 Egg putting the birds to sleep, and then Solar Beaming their ass...

The hardest of all hard Pokemon to catch was definitely Tauros. You had around 1% chance of finding him, and then one chance to catch him with a ball, 2 or 3 if you were lucky. He wouldn't stick about after that. :P

------------------
OMG IAN GARVEY WTF!!!111

Posted by Unown27 (Member # 1838) on 07-20-2001, 04:19 PM:

Iyse - Just like Scyther

------------------
If you want to know who I am, then decode one of these messages:
1) 618423143
2) Hona said grr as incubators fed

Posted by Shenlong19 on 07-30-2001, 12:24 PM:

I caught me lugia when he was furzun

------------------
Beware the Dynasty! Listen To Uncle!